[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
H-How do I improve my s-speaking articulation, /lit/? >tfw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
H-How do I improve my s-speaking articulation, /lit/?

>tfw can't organise my thoughts to put together full sentences when speaking to p-people
>>
Practice makes perfect. Do it as much as possible, because then you gain confidence and become comfortable with it. Confidence is alot of it really, one of my very few talents is being a naturally very good speaker: but if I try talking in an environment I feel alienated in, or just not comfortable with, I'll start stuttering.
>>
>>7375359
Reading has helped me solidify my vocabulary so I could find more suitable vocabulary to express my ideas to others. Another thing that helped was anxiety medication if you have a problem with social anxiety.

Practicing with plays also helps. Reading Shakespeare by yourself or reciting poetry is always nice.
>>
File: image.jpg (345 KB, 866x1300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345 KB, 866x1300
>>7375367
tl;dr just be yourself bro
>>
File: a.jpg (80 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
a.jpg
80 KB, 768x432
>>7375359
The Art of Rhetoric - Aristotle
>>
>tfw drug abuse and mental illnesses have rendered me incapable of forming basic sentences in conversation
>>
>>7375359

Speaking with people is generally pretty easy. You ask them something and then spend the next half an hour listening to them monologue about it, occasionally making sounds like "hmm", "oh", and "uh-huh" to give the impression that you're listening.
>>
>>7375377
Don't be a retard. All he's saying is that anything requires effort on your part and that repeatedly trying to do something is the only way you'll ever become proficient at something like that. Both are true. If you're not willing to step out of your "comfort zone", just keep whining and nothing will change.
>>
Interested as well
>>
>>7375479

What drug abuse and for how long?

I sperg out occasionally, but I hardly think it has anything to do with the drugs.
>>
File: 5e1.png (154 KB, 443x449) Image search: [Google]
5e1.png
154 KB, 443x449
>>7375495

or in other words

>JUST DO IT

amiright?
>>
>>7375564
Lots of weed and often DXM. Had existing disorders the drugs just potentiated them.
>>
>>7375585

Weed gives me temporary schizoid personality disorder, so yeah, I don't really partake in that any more. I can see how it would really fuck up someone with a predisposition towards negative effects.
>>
Be on the computer less, and when you are on, have specific goals, and also quit 4chan.
>>
>>7375572

Yes, it actually all boils down to this.

You could also spend eternity reading Hamlet and pondering about whether or not to take action, but, y'know, after an eternity - just do it.
>>
>>7375585
I anticipated the weed response here and I was going to make fun of you as a Nancy boy, but dxm will actually feck with speech patterns that stof is no yoke
>>
File: animated-optical-illusion.jpg (15 KB, 369x271) Image search: [Google]
animated-optical-illusion.jpg
15 KB, 369x271
>>7375359
Write. I became way more organized and concise when I started writing essays again.
>>
On a related note, where can I learn elocution?

Is there a classic written guide? Are there any good online courses?
>>
>>7375359
Think about stuff? I always try and articulate thoughts throughout the day. It doesn't really work for small-talk, which I'm terrible at, usually, but it's good for any decent conversation. Other than that, don't try so hard, it's fine to have to think about what you want to say. Weigh your words. I suppose body language helps with this as well.
>>
>>7375706
What should I write about? I think that writing essays would help me practise my writing and organised thinking but I don't have topics to write about. Should I just open a newspaper and write about an article that I think is interesting?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.