[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Books that expand your mind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: meme drugs.png (2 MB, 1153x646) Image search: [Google]
meme drugs.png
2 MB, 1153x646
ITT: Books that expand your mind
>>
>>7374381
The Myth of the Twentieth Century
>>
>>7374381
what on earth are all those yellow shards
>>
>>7374659
MDMA nigga
>>
>>7374695
And you put them... in your body?

I'm all for experimentation, but experiments get retarded after a certain point.
>>
>>7374381
Naked Lunch by William S. Burroughs.
>>
>>7374855
better pure mdma than some pill some retard with a snapback sells you
>>
Being and Time
The Ego and His Own
Gödel, Escher, Bach
Prometheus Rising (not kidding at all)
>>
>>
Good to see some drugs! Ever do acid and M together? Whats your thoughts on this combo
>>
>>7375040
>Recommending drugs
>Not the triptamine family.

Get out noob.
>>
>>7374884
Triptamines, not amphetamines. Fuck all of you idiots.
>>
>>7375073
It doesn't look good when you misspell the drug family you're advocating for, fucking imbecile
>>
>>7374890

>Prometheus Rising is a book by Robert Anton Wilson first published in 1983. It is a guide book of "how to get from here to there", an amalgam of Timothy Leary's 8-circuit model of consciousness,

You honestly think so? Leary was a fucking nut, most likely partially responsible for the massive setbacks in legitimate science studying psychedelics.
>>
>>7375040

I have. Psilocybin and MDMA complement each other better. Similar durations and, I think, better synergy. Candyflipping isn't bad, but it can be if you get the timing wrong.
>>
>>7375545
Read cosmic trigger.

Keep your wits about you while reading Wilson, read him like you're watching an exquisite car crash
>>
>>7374381

This is a ridiculous request. Anything in the sticky should expand your mind. Isn't mind-expansion one of the defining traits of literature?
>>
>>7374381
The Phenomenology of Mind
>>
>>7374381

Somewhat seconding, phenomenology in general.
>>
>>7374659
they're obviously rice grains that OP put in his/her salt shaker to draw in moisture & reduce clumping when he used it and now he's picking out the grains of rice and putting them in the cup on the right to throw away
>>
>>7375556
How do we define mind-expansion?

It's a cheap, easy answer but I suppose it depends on the book. The Trial will give you insight into how pathetic and helpless people can be (resorting to superstition to predict who will be condemned and who will not, etc) while other books are merely aesthetically pleasant.
>>
>>7374381
Every book has the potential to expand a mind if you hit a skull with it hard enough
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.