[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE MONEY CANT BUY YOU HAPPINESS LMAO DUDE WHAT GOES AROUND
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: sid.jpg (31 KB, 304x500) Image search: [Google]
sid.jpg
31 KB, 304x500
DUDE MONEY CANT BUY YOU HAPPINESS LMAO
DUDE WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND LMAO
DUDE EVERYTHING WILL EVENTUALLY BECOME EVERYTHING ELSE LMAO
>>
>>7373206

Pretty much-- but your second point is not present anywhere in the book.

I liked this film adaption that was uploaded recently
https://youtu.be/JVss4Fa3uAw
>>
Money really cannot buy "happiness." ("The only benefit of civilization consists in a greater variety of sensory experiences").

Karma is a great deal more complex than "what goes around comes around"-- in fact, that phrase is not only incomplete it's totally inaccurate.

Buddhism is not pantheistic. If Nirvana were simply dissolving back into the all then death would be Nirvana, and death is absolutely not Nirvana.
>>
>>7373227
>but your second point is not present anywhere in the book.
when siddhartha's son takes jis leave of his father, that action mirrors when siddhartha leaves his own father. "what goes around comes around". siddhartha pretty much says this himself, that it's a cruel irony.
>>
>>7373206
if that's the only thing you understood from this book you're incredibly retarded.
Before even starting the book you projected the
stereotypes you excpected to find in it, and, because you were too focus on trying to find them didn't pay attention to all the subtilities and details.
>>
DUDE WATER LMAO
>>
>>7373206
Very good post, anon. I'm sure you spent more than 10 seconds thinking this up.
>>
>>7373237
Aristotle belived that wealth was required to be happy.
You won't be happy if you are starving and cold.
>>
>>7373317
>You won't be happy if you are starving and cold.
tell that to Diogenes.
>>
>>7373317
Which has nothing to do with the book in question.
>>
>>7373238
That it's an irony doesn't mean a theme of the book is what goes around comes around.

>Woah dood, he had a father and now he is a father, that's like so deep.
>>
>>7373238
>>Woah dood, he had a father and now he is a father, that's like so deep.

You're not even trying.
>>
>>7373206
Yeah its a good book.
>>
>>7373206
Athena stop shitposting.
>>
>>7373431
That's the point. The whole he left his father and now is son has left him is just as insightful as woah dude.
>>
>>7373319
Diogenes was wealthy. He had everthing he desired.
>>
>>7373319
>>7373826
Diogenes never struck me as happy. He was an absolute madman, though.
>>
Buddhism is a form of judgemental skydaddyism
>>
>>7373840
We told him to get on the floor and he actually did it!

>>7374030
tips
>>
>>7373285
this
>>
Always thought that Siddhartha was a little too obvious. Steppenwolf was much better
>>
>>7374275
>A book called Siddhartha
>Obvious
You don't fucking say
>>
>>7374336
lmao
>>
>>7373227
I saw it a while back. It's terrible, my man. It didn't do justice to the book. Should've been much slower and three hours long. Not even joking.

>>7373237
But Siddhartha was pantheistic by the end wasn't he?
>>
>>7374354
Recognising the contingency of existence does not equate pantheism.
>>
>>7373206
You read a book about a buddhist character and got buddhist messages. Congratulations.
>>
>>7373206
I read this book on a mountain in the desert. Toward the end a hawk/falcon one of those flew up to what he apparently considered his spot and flipped shit when he saw me.
>>
>>7373206

Oh you're another one of those turbo-autists who had a seizure at Gautama's answer to Siddhartha, aren't you
>>
>>7373317
He's right, to a point. Statically happiness increases with wealth up to 70k/year then levels off.
>>
>>7373319
Diogenes was a batshit insane dude who used to fap in public and generally tried to be as annoying as humanly posssible.
>>
>>7373227

Just skipped to the sex scenes - amazing. ~37 minute mark, perverts.
>>
>>7373285
>>7373309
>>7375124
>F-FFFF-FFF-FF-FFFUCKKK YOU!
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.