[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/o pinion/how-frances-leade
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: michel_houellebecq.jpg (141 KB, 511x683) Image search: [Google]
michel_houellebecq.jpg
141 KB, 511x683
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/21/opinion/how-frances-leaders-failed-its-people.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

is he right, /lit/?
>>
>english translation
right to the bin
>>
other than that though it was fairly scathing
>>
>"LOL"
You're right again, Michel. A lot of the commenters don't seem to know who he is
>>
>>7370659
>not reading the linked french orginal.
Disappointing, sempai.
>>
agree with what? pretty shallow article senpai
>>
File: 1447899619712.jpg (34 KB, 594x425) Image search: [Google]
1447899619712.jpg
34 KB, 594x425
>agree with what? pretty shallow article senpai
>>
>>7370859
you can't even quote right stupid fedoraposter
>>
I haven't seen a thread on Submission here yet. Has anyone read it? I thought it was alright but pretty insubstantial, like reading a review of it is as good as reading the book. Though there was a lot of references to French stuff that I didn't get.
>>
@7370862
>implying you deserve a (You)
thanks for the (You) btw
>>
>>7370922
>on /lit/
>doesn't know about Guenon
>>
>>7370922
we've had a bunch of thread on it; lurk more

as for OP, yes he's right, in the case of france the cunts at the top are leading it far astray. france is a thinking country that can be asked for its opinion. this would not work in america or most other countries
>>
>>7370634
> Which political leaders committed France to ridiculous and costly operations whose main result has been to plunge Iraq, and then Libya, into chaos? And which political leaders were, until recently, on the verge of doing the same thing in Syria?
>>
>>7370922
A lot of threads have been made. It's the GOAT novel of the 21st century. My favorite book in a long time. I'm going to start reading it next week.
>>
>>7370922
Are you European? Because I found the dialogues/monologues on the state of the continent extremely interesting. It may be less so when you don't have a personal stake in it.
>>
>>7372378

Don't bother it's lazily written and basically shit, like the rest. The fact Houellebecq represents forefront french lit today is in itself depressing
>>
>>7370634
>ce sont bien gardé
He's right but this opinion piece is pointless, it says literally nothing, and he can't even write.
>>
The fuck is he even trying to say? I agree with the sentiment but fuck me
>>
>>7372642
That the foremost problem in France (or Europe in general for that matter) is that people are not represented by their so called representatives. At all.
>>
>>7372642
some mix of "we need to close our borders" and "we shouldn't have gone into the middle east at all", with overtones of "our political system isn't working".

essentially—isolationism of a French variety.
>>
File: houellebecq, michel.jpg (28 KB, 535x792) Image search: [Google]
houellebecq, michel.jpg
28 KB, 535x792
tfw u will never be michel and get 500 NYT commenters angry with a 0 effort column
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.