[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the verdict, /lit/? Does the genderswap work? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 81qBmqMWSvL.jpg (172 KB, 640x543) Image search: [Google]
81qBmqMWSvL.jpg
172 KB, 640x543
What's the verdict, /lit/? Does the genderswap work? Is it better than the original?
>>
>>7367748
I don't care.
>>
>>7367748
I think you got lost on the way to Reddit. What is this anyway, she switched all the characters genders or something?
>>
she made fanfiction of her own shit

wow

how long can u go
>>
>>7367856
>well I got a lot of brainless cunts to eat this shit up
>let's see if I can feed it to a different demographic with minimal revision
she'll open up a new literary market by converting all her characters to ponies next
>>
>>7367851
>What is this anyway, she switched all the characters genders or something?
Yes. Bella is now Beau, Edward is now Edythe, Jacob is now Julie... etc.
>>
>Meyer writes in her foreword to the anniversary edition of the novel that the gender bending twist was prompted by her desire to prove that Bella isn’t a “damsel in distress,” but a “human in distress.”

>“It’s always bothered me a little bit because anyone surrounded by superheroes is going to be … in distress. We don’t have the powers,” Meyer said Tuesday on “Good Morning America.” “I thought, ‘What if we switched it around a bit and see how a boy does,’ and, you know, it’s about the same.”

>“The further you get in, the more it changes because the personalities get a little bit different, but it starts out very similar and really, it really is the same story because it’s just a love story and it doesn’t matter who’s the boy and who’s the girl. It still works out,” she said.

http://variety.com/2015/biz/news/twilight-gender-swap-life-and-death-twilight-reimagined-beau-edythe-1201611351/
>>
>>7367906
Okay, in that case my opinion is that she's cashing in further on the twilight franchise without even trying to pretend to bring in the slightest originality to the text. This book is an insult to literature. She's literally pressed ctrl+h and changed a couple of words. Anyone who has read this and completed it (worse still if they went so far as to enjoy it) probably doesn't belong on /lit/.
>>
Meyer should've of made fanfiction of 50 shades.
>>
>>7368009
Oh man, that's some meta shit.
>>
>>7367942
No she is just getting fit the limelight again.
>all these books becoming movies (Hunger Games, Maze Runner, Divergent) they are all the same shit...
She is playing the whole "Women Power" card hoping to get back on head lines...

Enjoyed the original books, enough to get through them. But no way will I fight through the same story, just with a guy playing the dim witted twat.

S.
>>
>>7368670
>enough to get through them
This surprises me greatly.
>>
>>7367890
laughed out loud
>>
>>7367748
Women are physically incapable of feeling love for men, so the very concept of the series doesn't make sense.
>>
>>7369063
Somehow you've managed to make a post more shit than the one OP used to start the thread, great job.
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7369063
>physically incapable of feeling love for men
This is true. Whenever I see a hot guy, I just want to flick it to him being strangled by a buffer hot guy.
>>
File: 1379623028216.jpg (56 KB, 727x689) Image search: [Google]
1379623028216.jpg
56 KB, 727x689
>>7369063
lol
>>
>>7368670
Sat through three films (all for different girls...only got laid once) and read the first book to prove a point. Easy read. Bella is a fucking douche
>>
>>7370109
That is why I always opt to get laid before the expensive* part of the date. If they don't put out before our planned activity, I'll probably bail (unless I want to do that activity myself).

*I know a movie isn't a ton of money, but 2 hours of my time and $30 is Shitty to waste.
>>
File: image.png (123 KB, 320x480) Image search: [Google]
image.png
123 KB, 320x480
Talk about beating a dead one trick pony.

Never send a Mormon to do a mans job.
>>
Read an article comparing excerpts when I first heard of it. While it is a literal gender-swap of the original, Meyers seems to have also used it to update the book to her current writing ability.

So yes, it actually seems better. Probably not better enough to be good, but I can't imagine it ever needed to be.
>>
>>7367748
>>7367748
I can't imagine anything I care less about.
>>
>>7371551
All those other threads on this board you could have posted in instead of this one?
>>
>>7371570
we don't do this here, it's against our board culture
like posting a heterosexual thread in /lgbt/ or being mean in /s4s/
>>
>>7367748
Not sure if the cover art make sense though, i thought the apple was a biblical reference...
(I haven't read the books, but i just assumed it was)
>>
>>7372410
Also they are not even using the same font.. what the fuck is that all about?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.