[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I never see this talked about here. How is it? Any good? Worth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 316x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 316x475
I never see this talked about here.
How is it?
Any good? Worth Reading?
>>
That must be one of the worst covers I have ever seen.
>>
It is good, I like Kundera, but I can see why people might think he is a hack. I think Immortality is his best book, but this is a nice start point.
>>
>>7367621
bruh literally just had a thread on this yesterday

just read it, it's quick and easy and yet still manages to be engrossing and have multiple layers of depth and beauty
>>
This was a cute book. I really liked the passages about poetic memory, the toilets as porcelain flowers, the smell of women on Tomas's hair, lots of good stuff.
>>
>>7367621
It's a good book to give a girl if you want to bang her.
>>
>>7367621
If you see this on a girl's shelf, she's a slut.
>>
>>7368290
>>7368294
Both accurate.

Just go and read it anon, it's a nice read. Even if you don't end up liking it, it won't take long.
>>
>>7367621

It's not bad, but I can't make sense of why Kundera would write in his essays (which are the best part of his work desu) that a novel is immoral when it doesn't reveal a new face of the human condition then destroy his characters and storylines with >muh atrocious communism and >muh irony. He goes on about how Musil is one of the greatest novelists in history but Musil cared to show people's sufferings in a decadent world more than to complain childishly about it
>>
>>7369019
glad to see somebody else reading his nonfiction, it's amazing
>>
>>7369058

And what did you think of his fiction ? The one that really stood out for me was slowness. The humor really shines with maturity.
>>
>>7369147
I've read all of his fiction and happened to like it all, but I'll admit I'm a bit of a fanboy. it's hard for me to pick favorites, each of his works are so different yet consistent with each other. I would honestly say op's book is my personal favorite for a large number of reasons, and imo probably his best. I really liked slowness though, as well as his later works. extremely short, subtle, moving, humorous, etc. since you liked that one, I would definitely recommend his latest. it's very similar and a quick read at that.
>>
>>7368294
>tfw girl I am seeing has this on her book shelf and told me how much she liked it

What do /lit/
>>
>>7369202

run

it was my last girlfriends favourite book and she cheated

leaveeeeeeee
>>
>>7369202
>>7369207
my girlfriend read this book and she said it was 'okay' and that she prefers john green and dostoyevsky
>>
>>7369202
Fuck her with her clothes on, put it to the side
Feelings to the side, like a don do
Get it wet let it slide like a sunroof

>>7369226
>my girlfriend prefers beta-male propaganda and christfaggotry to slut-fuel
Not sure if one of those is better than the other.
>>
>>7369207
>>7369226
Idk, she is amazing in bed though, likely she has copious amounts of experience I am sure.

Dem 75G's though
>>
>>7369241
>75GG
Oh she's a fat slut
Like, really fat.
>>
>>7368294
>>7369202
>>7369207
>>7369226
>>7369239
>>7369241
>>7369250
lol my college girlfriend was in love with this book. made me read it.

Fast forward 8 years, we're married, and she tries to reread it. Thought it was a piece of shit.
>>
>>7367621
It's a masterpiece
>>
>>7369241
lmao as an American this made my jaw hit the floor.

Then I realized that you're probably using cm, found a bra converter online (yes, apparently there is such a thing) and find out that that's like a 34 DDD here.

Now I think you're just lying lol
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.