[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
10 pager on Brave New world due tmo any advice on how to start
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: whodunit.gif (116 KB, 320x200) Image search: [Google]
whodunit.gif
116 KB, 320x200
10 pager on Brave New world due tmo
any advice on how to start it?
Prompt below

• Brave New World argues that the quest for “happiness as the Sovereign Good” is the path toward dystopia. The most unhappy characters in the book are also the most human. Discuss. In our high-tech cyber-age does Huxley’s cautionary tale seem more or less relevant and compelling?
>>
>any advice on how to start it?
yes, start it earlier than the day before it's due
>>
>>7366847
that's real helpful senpai
>>
>>7366847
This.

That being said freedom > happiness.
You should have the freedom to not be happy.
>>
>>7366833
Do your own homework.
>>
>>7366833
>not starting the paper until the day before it's due
Find a different major
>>
Feign illness, it's the only thing you can do
>>
>>7366981
im just doing the course for a scholarship
>>
>>7366833
Stall somehow till the weekend, then do the paper you faggot
>>
I saw a reply to someone yesterday in more or less the same predicament. The response was very clever and would allow you to do a big essay with little work. I am not going to tell you the details however as I think you should take this as a learning experience. Don't procrastinate.
>>
Votes for homework generals?

Anyone?
>>
>>7367293
:(
>>
>>7367293
:')
>>
>>7367301
I say yeah, alot of people keep making threads asking for help
maybe just call it /help/ general?
>>
>>7366833
A parallel you could draw: In Huxley's dystopia everyone has the right to hapiness. Or at least to be numbed and feel some level of joy.
In life everyone has the right to SEARCH for happiness, and achieve IF they can.

Also >>7366855

Try to correlate soma in the book and techonology in the word.
In the story the characters would use the drug in certain times, we have something similar with people drawing cellphones EVERY-FUCKING-WHERE (and dwelling on the internet) as a form of escapism.

Quick example:
"Oh, to be or not? SOMA IT IS"
"Oh, to be or not? Let me put on tumblr/social media, it will appear that I'm smart and have my peers validation."
Peers validation on web and soma probably correlate.

(I read the book 5 years ago or more, so I may be focusing on more particularly interpretations).
>>
>>7366833
Ten pages means you likely have to have a few sources to support the paper. You intend to find all the sources as well tonight.

Shit I hate procrastination.
>>
bumo
>>
>>7366833
your essay should be a critique of that retarded assignment prompt
>>
>>7368429
on page 5, can't right fuck all else on subject.
>>
>>7366833
I love Harvester.
>>
>>7368442
>right

Britbong please take your A-level shit elsewhere.
>>
>>7368673
im tired f a m
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.