[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
who /anagrama master race/ here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 46936995.jpg (73 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
46936995.jpg
73 KB, 720x960
who /anagrama master race/ here?
>>
>>7363116
>Anagrama
>No Gredos
Mátate.
>>
>>7363296
This
>>
>>7363296
>Anagrama
>No Editores Mexicanos Unidos
>Mátate.
>>
Latinamerican editions are shit. ¿What are you talking about?

>shit paper
>shit cover art
>shit materials
>unconfortable

just compare it to the 2666 american version.
>>
Anagrama is such a rip-off. It's like Porrua but with contemporary writers. You're better off buying the books from the original publishers.

And while were on the subject, has there been an anglo equivalent to Joaquín Mortíz's downfall? How do you go from publishing some of the most innovative and influential works of 20th century mexican culture to the trash they crap out daily?
>>
>>7363425
murrican books are so big it's retarded
>>
>>7363425
>i am a monolingual pleb
And anagrama is spaniard.
>>
>>7363116
I have a few, but some colors they choose are terrible, especially the mierda beige.
>>
>>7363515
>tfw only anagrama publish bolaño works
>>
>>7363116
All my Nabokov books, and some Burroughs.
>>
>>7363617
Vintage Espanol published 2666... it's on Amazon
>>
Why does Spanish sound so bad? It's the ugliest romance language para ser honesto, senpaiília. Só de pensar em um boliviano falando já me dá asco.
>>
>>7363835
It is funny because, in my experience, most gringos say the same about brazillian portuguese. I also think spanish sounds dirty and ugly.
>>
>>7363835
>Só de pensar em um boliviano falando já me dá asco.
That's not real spanish. Just travel to Spain. The spanish of South America is really deformed.
Check the speech of the spanish king:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxrOyYRpGjY
>>
>>7363609
Not him, but as a trilingual american (yes, we do exist) that doesn't know Spanish, I can say that assuming that someone is monolingual just because they don't speak Spanish makes you more retarded than them even if english is their only language
>>
Anagrama spanish books = good

Anagrama translated works = bad
>>
File: gawa.png (525 KB, 457x731) Image search: [Google]
gawa.png
525 KB, 457x731
So what's the best spanish editorial for translations to spanish?

I see a lot of books in spanish when I go to libraries but I hold back because bad translations are a chore. And getting books in their original language is hard for me right now.
>>
Anagrama is expensive as fuck. Ok, not as much as Valdemar, but still.
>>
>>7363855
Bwahaha
Travels to Spain to hear "real spanish".
Realizes "spanish" was just the dialect of some select group from Castilla who got powerful 600 years ago.
>>
>>7363747
oh thank god!
>>7363873
i asume that he is monolingual by his limited kwnolege.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.