[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Value for money E-Ink E-book Reader
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: kindle_paperwhite_1_original.png (134 KB, 368x548) Image search: [Google]
kindle_paperwhite_1_original.png
134 KB, 368x548
Best value for money E-Ink E-book Reader?
>>
Kindle (5)'s pretty good. Easy to use. Cheap. Long battery life. Comes with dictionary.
>>
>>7362133
This desu. I'm waiting for the Christmas sales to buy a replacement for my 5.
>>
can someone tell me how this works? i read the wikipedia page briefly, but i do not quite understand exactly how it works. i have seen people reading such books before on the airplane etc. and to me, it looks like a regular paper-page with a plastic frame around it, but is it like a glass screen similiar to an iphone or something like that? (sorry if english is bad, not an english person).
>>
>>7362242
Its screen uses the so called E-Ink technology, which imitates the look of a paper. It usually has no light, but when it does, the light falls on the screen, not your eyes, so your eyes don't get tired.
>>
>>7362226
When do the Christmas sales start? Is it worth the wait?
>>
>>7362260
when I bought my kindle it was on sale. Don't know if it was the christmas sale, but I paid 50 instead of 80. I think. I think two weeks is a fair amount of time to wait to see in any case.
>>
>>7362255
ah, i see, thanx for clarifying that for me
>>
What file format does kindle use? Are there any good programs for file conversion between e-reader formats? Is there a certain kindle software Amazon makes me download onto my computer or is it drag-and-drop? Also, how is eBook organization on kindle? Can I tag books or organize them into "collections" or "shelves" or whatever?

I've been thinking about getting one recently to replace my tablet. TIA kindlebros .
>>
>>7362242
YouTube
>>
>>7362120
used touch imo

>>7362392
No. You ideally use an open source program called calibre. You convert any epubs to .azw3, which is just epub that allows amazon drm (but ive never used an amazon book with drm). It basically works like mp3 players from the early 2000s, just drop mp3s into folders.
>>
>>7362392
>>7362422
you don't even have to use calibre- there are a lot of converters. just google it and convert your epubs into mobi. On occasion you'll get a wonky conversion, but that's not very often.
>>
Nook GlowLightPlus
>>
I have the bq cervantes and it works really well. I think it also reads .mobi, not as well as .epub but you can still read it. If you're interested --> http://www.bq.com/gb/cervantes
>>
>>7362260
It's already started.
>>
Thoughts on Kobo readers? Or is kindle superior?
>>
>>7363654
I see no reason to buy a kobo, the price is the same (or almost) and kindle never disappointed me. Have my Kindle 4 (almost like 5, but without touchscreen, less memory and negligible worst screen) for 3 years and I never had a problem. The only thing that annoyed me is that reading pdf's with high quality image is almost impossible since it can take some seconds to load this kind of content, but this only happened with 1 or 2 manuals that I tried to read.
>>
File: feat_Glow_Hero_D_690w.png (95 KB, 690x549) Image search: [Google]
feat_Glow_Hero_D_690w.png
95 KB, 690x549
>>7362120
Is the Nook Glowlight worth it, senpai?
>>
>Buy a used ereader with E-ink
>make sure it can sideload books
>Pirate gigs of books

'nuff said.
>>
Just download a ebook reader app onto your phone, completely free
>>
I meanly read non DRM stuff: PDF for work and epub for fun( occasionally ripped pdf as well) which reader has the best lifespan and plays nice with different OS?
>>
>>7364939
I know it sounds like shilling, but kindle paperwhite is the ultimate balance of quality and value. If you dont want to give money to amazon buy it used and pirate.
>>
>>7362120
I'm thinking about buying an ebook, I'm still not sure which one though. So I can just pirate all the books right? Just search like for example "the picture of dorian grey ebook" and I'll find the book I'm looking for in a file and convert it too my kindle?
Are there any books that are not available on kindle like less popular books?
>>
>>7365611
http://ebookee.org/Oscar-Wilde-The-Picture-of-Dorian-Grey_644955.html
use this site
>>
>>7364492
>that tiny ass screen
no thanks
>>
>>7365611
You're not going to find every book just by searching for it on google
I would recommend reading the sticky
>>
>>7365611
Use bookzz.org, or look for libgen mirrors on reddit, or btdigg to look for torrents on any public trackers, or bibliotik if you are a what.cd power user or mobilism search or tuebl or aaaaarg.fail or the irc in the sticky. You can grab huge packs of meme books on piratebay or kat. Then you upload the books you find to calibre and convert to azw3. using google often doesnt work due to delisting sites that are known for piracy.
>>
>>7365731
>>7365738
>>7365717
thank you
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.