[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is "Beyond Good and Evil" a good book to start reading
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: friedrichnietzsche.jpg (6 KB, 91x140) Image search: [Google]
friedrichnietzsche.jpg
6 KB, 91x140
Is "Beyond Good and Evil" a good book to start reading Nietzche?
>>
>>7361918
start with the greeks
>>
>>7361918
Yes. I did and it was perfectly understandable.
>>
File: 2015-11-17 10.28.36.png (146 KB, 538x466) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-17 10.28.36.png
146 KB, 538x466
lol
>>
File: 1447752578821.png (210 KB, 538x749) Image search: [Google]
1447752578821.png
210 KB, 538x749
>>7361959
>>
You may want to consider Human, All Too Human first - it came before Beyond Good And Evil and starts some trains of thoughts that are continued in Beyond
>>
i started with genealogy of morals. i prefer small books.

keep in my nietz is repetitive as fuck.
>>
not op but is there a guide similar to this for nietzche?
>>
File: louvre-les-sabines.jpg (239 KB, 768x580) Image search: [Google]
louvre-les-sabines.jpg
239 KB, 768x580
>>7361918
Start with the birth of Tragedy
>>
>>7362181
Thanks for this!
>>
>>7362472
no.
Art and Revolution by Wagner first, then birth of tragedy.
>>
>>7362634
no, birth of tragedy is a good starting place.
>>
>>7362472
Eeeh, dunno about that man. I've been reading it and, knowing about N's thought already, I see how much this book is different from the rest of his output. It's beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't recommend it to people trying to "get" into Nietzsche, as they're probably wanting to read his more famous and mature ideas; the Birth of Tragedy would maybe mislead them.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.