[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much time did it take you to read the divine comedy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: received_814563875319259.jpg (59 KB, 612x816) Image search: [Google]
received_814563875319259.jpg
59 KB, 612x816
How much time did it take you to read the divine comedy?
>>
Why? What's it to you?
>>
>>7359813
I haven't read it anon
>>
>>7359820
OP here, probably around 20~25 days, but I am brazilian and my book is english so took a bit more. Also, pretent to come back at it in the future to actually study all the references and all.
>>
13 days ignoring paradiso, I'm still reading through it
>>
>>7359839
Why didn't you read it Portuguese? I'd imagine it would translate better from Italian to Portuguese than Italian to English.
>>
Why would that matter? Worrying about how fast you can read is pleb-tier; better to read a book at your own pace than to skim it like a fool.
>>
>>7359870
I agree with you, I can understand lots of things in Italian but I really wanted an editiob with the Gustave Doré ilustrations. Maybe when I go back at it to read more carefully I'll buy the version where 1 side if the page is italian and the other portuguese.
>>
>>7359902
I'm not trying to rush my readinds, just thought it would be interesting to compare.
>>
>>7359813
What exact book is that illustration from OP?
Can you point me to it?
>>
>>7359928
pic related is my The Divine Comedy my friend, it has 130 AMAZING Gustave Doré ilustrations
>>
Two weeks
>>
>>7359928
another one from it
>>
>>7359949
I can guess that, but name of the publisher?
Some more information on the exact edition?
>>
File: IMG-20151116-WA0005.jpg (922 KB, 1872x3328) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151116-WA0005.jpg
922 KB, 1872x3328
>>7359951
forgot pic, fuck
>>
>>7359955
that i dont know man, sorry
>>
>>7359870
He said he's Brazilian, not Portuguese.
>>
>>7359980
but actually Br-portuguese come close, alot of similarities with italian. I can barely understand few sentences without never learning it
>>
Twenty days, but I was reading slowly and even then I felt I went too fast. Five Cantos a day.
>>
I've just read Inferno over last weekend. Hope to have finished the Comedy by the end of the week. Need to fucking buy Purgatorio and Paradiso first...

Anyway if Purgatorio is better than Inferno as most people say it is, then Dante is gonna be fighting Homer for the greatest poet of all time imo.
>>
>>7359870
I once tried reading a Portuguese translation and it was pretty much the same, the original is not even in what you know as Italian today, not only is it in dialect it is in an archaic form of said dialect, it's about as distant to Portuguese as it is to English.
>>
One Canto a day, I'm not sure why I thought it would be a good idea but the regularity of it appealed to me.
>>
>>7360413
I liked Purgatorio better than Inferno but Paradiso was a bit of a letdown compared to both honestly.
>>
>>7360453
OP here, feeling the same way, little less than 100 pages to finish it. really enjoyed inferno more than both purgatorio and paradiso
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.