[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you read the novel of the decade yet? It has been prophetical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Soumission.jpg (12 KB, 253x393) Image search: [Google]
Soumission.jpg
12 KB, 253x393
Have you read the novel of the decade yet? It has been prophetical since the day of release.
>>
Please read relevant contemporary literary fiction, friends.
>>
I want to read this book + more relevant contemporary fiction but I always feel like I'm never "caught up" enough in the canon. For example, I know Submission revolves around a professor of Huysmans, who I haven't read. If I knew more about late 20th-century French literature my appreciation and understanding of the book would be much improved, but it may become irrelevant in the time it would take me to get caught up.
>>
>I'm a loser but finally I can marry 3 women

SUCH PROPHETICAL

OP, you haven't read it, have you?

>>7357438
Sheesh, just read it
>>
>>7357454

whats w/ the tude dude?
>>
>>7357454
Is that all you got from it?

The dialogue is interesting as fuck.
>>
only read it once but iirc there was one chapter where he was just conversing with a guy while there was a shootout and shit in a certain neighborhood of Paris, but he was very casual about it. basically what happened recently. spoopy accurate
>>
>>7357382
>It has been prophetical since the day of release.

pic related was published 40 years ago
>>
File: 2spook.gif (36 KB, 368x439) Image search: [Google]
2spook.gif
36 KB, 368x439
>>7357652
I read that part the day of the recent attacks before turning on the News.
>>
How much Huysmans should I read before tackling it?
>>
>>7357681
Not necessary desu.
>>
but it isn't about armed takeover, they get in through elections.
>>
>>7357953
that's what will happen
>>
>>7357953
There's a theological argument to be had whether Muslims can vote in Western governments or governments which have engaged in war against innocent Muslims.
>>
>>7357382
The gatari-defined urban warfare will probably hit the streets way before 2022, like in the book. Also Le Pen will become the president sooner.
>>
>>7357681
>tfw for some reason Huysman is a popular author everyone has heard of where I live

Guess when the government during my parents youth allows something to be published that is western it immediately becomes a trend.
>>
>>7358184
iranman?
>>
>>7358184
isn't huysmans the guy who wrote the book about being a fucking neet and jacking off to gore?
>>
>>7358640
Also about leaving decadence behind and conversing to Catholicism.
>>
For those who have already read it: is it another politically driven novel or does it live up to the heights of Whatever or Atomised?
>>
There's nothing prophetical about it, Europeans being too weak to fight the rise of islam has been happening for decades already. I wish he had spent more time talking about Huysmans, Bloy, d'Aurevilly, Villiers de l'Isle-Adam, the part about the decadent writers was my favorite.
>>
>>7357382
Haven't read it because I can't find a place to download it to sample it first, not on libgen.
>>
>>7357382
this is not prophetical, and also this is it by far his worst book.

The elementary particles is great concerning the 90's, and the possibility of an island a very good science fiction novel
>>
>>7359652
>this is not prophetical
Do you not watch the news, m8?
>>
>>7358148
ISIS/Salafis literally believes that Muslims who engage in democracy are breaking Shari'a and have rejected Islam.
>>
Take your fucking habbening shit to your home board you mental children.
>>
bump

>>7359817
back to reddit m'sir
>>
File: 1416760010668.jpg (85 KB, 600x690) Image search: [Google]
1416760010668.jpg
85 KB, 600x690
>>7359817
Greetings my fellow redditor
Truly this board is full of children, not sophisticated gentlemen like us, I dare say.
*sips glass of fine franzia*
>>
>>7359817
Important world events don't have home boards, miss.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.