[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halp. Has anyone actually got through this? About 50 pages in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: Cohen-Witz.gif (8 KB, 200x297) Image search: [Google]
Cohen-Witz.gif
8 KB, 200x297
Halp.

Has anyone actually got through this? About 50 pages in and wondering if continuing is worth the trouble. Also are there any resources to assist with its reading?
>>
File: 1445183715591.png (14 KB, 612x95) Image search: [Google]
1445183715591.png
14 KB, 612x95
So that's a no then?
>>
>>7354136
All I know is Book of Numbers is garbage and all the reviews were over the top shilling.
>>
>>7354136 the end is heart breaking though. Keep reading anon. You wont regret it
>>
>>7354673
yeah right
your post smells fishy as fuck
and even if it were true, a good ending isn't enough to redeem a book that's been shit all the way trough
>>
File: 1413902195498.gif (937 KB, 500x300) Image search: [Google]
1413902195498.gif
937 KB, 500x300
>>7354704
I've posted about this book once already, before I started it, and didn't get any replies. So far it seems like this >>7354673 dood is the only one on here who has read it.

You are right in that there is the possibility he's trolling me into reading an incoherent, 900 page mess however...

Maybe a second opinion would be nice.
>>
No. It's pointless drivel. It maunders page after page trying its hardest to be the Jewish equivalent of Gravity's Rainbow. There's nothing of value to be gained from its mess of word vomit aside from a greater understanding of Jewish terminology.

How Cohen got a publishing deal for this is beyond me.
>>
>>7355706
Thanks, might start reading something else in alongside this one.
>>
>>7355706

>How Cohen got a publishing deal for this is beyond me.
>Cohen
>>
>>7354136

I found it to be a concept book. Felt more like the effort put in was for the author to write a long speculative book to stand next to pynchon and wallace without producintg a groundbreaking masterpiece. However, there are gems in there - I guess if you sit in a room talking none stop somewhere in the jargon will be glimmers of interest...
>>
So whenever I read something that's a lot more oblique/poetic/expressive, as this is, I drop the responsibility of having to understand the book and usually just try to enjoy it on a language level. And I think Cohen deserves to be in the game. At least he's desperately trying. That being said, I don't know what kind of reputation Witz will garner over time.

There are nods to Joyce and Wallace in here if I remember correctly. Likely Pynchon. There's like a five page long scene where I think a dude empties all of his internal organs into a toilet, calling back to Joyce there, only more degradation, more horror. More of a black humor. Joyce has humor but it's hidden beneath the surface. Witz is more like relishing doom, that's the voice. like 800 pages of that. I would actually think that if anyone on 4chan could read they would probably enjoy it.

Sometimes people say of a thing: it's not for everyone.
>>
>>7356443
>At least he's desperately trying.
Can agree on this much.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.