[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Favourite Metaphors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: joyce.jpg (40 KB, 337x450) Image search: [Google]
joyce.jpg
40 KB, 337x450
—Mr Dedalus!
Running after me. No more letters, I hope.
—Just one moment.
—Yes, sir, Stephen said, turning back at the gate.
Mr Deasy halted, breathing hard and swallowing his breath.
—I just wanted to say, he said. Ireland, they say, has the honour of being the only country which never persecuted the jews. Do you know that? No. And do you know why?
He frowned sternly on the bright air.
—Why, sir? Stephen asked, beginning to smile.
—Because she never let them in, Mr Deasy said solemnly.
A coughball of laughter leaped from his throat dragging after it a rattling chain of phlegm. He turned back quickly, coughing, laughing, his lifted arms waving to the air.
—She never let them in, he cried again through his laughter as he stamped on gaitered feet over the gravel of the path. That’s why.
On his wise shoulders through the checkerwork of leaves the sun flung spangles, dancing coins.

That last sentence,
>>
>you will never be as smooth and handsome as Joyce
>>
big boss?
>>
File: lucia-joyce.jpg (67 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
lucia-joyce.jpg
67 KB, 500x460
>you will never shag his daughter
>>
>>7353475
thank god, she looks like that boston marathon terrorist.
>>
File: ok.jpg (45 KB, 570x487) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
45 KB, 570x487
> dancing coins
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU0ODk1OTUzNDIz.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU0ODk1OTUzNDIz.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>7353475
>yes I will
>>
>>7353481
Do you have prosognosia?
>>
>>7353838
i guess you meant prosopagnosia.
>>
>>7353838
Prosopagnosia. :')
>>
>>7353847
>>7353851
>I can use google! xD
>>7353838
>I have a bad memory... :(
>>
>>7353475
>>7353481
she was a qtpie that ended up dying all schizophrenic and lonely.

No Pepe is sad enough for this feel.
>>
>>7353454
>the sun flung spangles, dancing coins

What does that even mean?
>>
>>7353881
The image of it. Never seen coins fall and tumble, spin and throw sparkles around?
>>
>>7353454
so it's a reference to how the jews hoard money?
>>
>>7353881
The sun shining through the leaves looks like it flinging coins around. Also the guy has just given Stephen his wages. Also this >>7353909
>>
>>7353881
>>7353887
>>7353909
>>7353921
also, the aesthetic and how the sentence flows is beautiful
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.