[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Write a novel about my own life >It's too honest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: 1924211_33956108356_2067_n.jpg (46 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1924211_33956108356_2067_n.jpg
46 KB, 604x453
>Write a novel about my own life
>It's too honest and disturbing and will alienate me from everyone and my family
How to fictionalise it guys?
>>
or just use pseudonym idiot
>>
Make the character a black female, but otherwise tell the same story.
>>
>>7332843
Make it of people from a different country or culture. Use a pseudonym if and when you publish it.
>>
What I'm doing for mine is imagining that I had grown up as the same basic person, but under twisted circumstances. In real life I have a sister and a relatively comfortable home life. In my story, I'm an only child and my parents are divorced. I like to think about how such circumstances would have affected my development and turned me into a different person. Otherwise, most of the events of this thing I plan to write are just shit that happened to me during my childhood.

So maybe that will work for you, too: change a few important details of your life and imagine how different things would be.
>>
>>7332862
What if OP is a black girl
>>
>>7332843
Stop being a pussy and try to publish it. Pseudonym if you must, but a face behind a work like this is always a huge plus. People will be very interested in the product of such experiences.
>>
>>7332843
Sylvia Plath did it before.
>>
Fuck around in Europe for a few months doing 'research' and then set all the action there.
>>
thinking your life is worthy of a novel is egomania and usually amounts to pure shit.

put it in a drawer
>>
>>7332843
How rapey do things get exactly?
>>
File: Karl_Ove_Knausgård[1].jpg (2 MB, 2084x2848) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Ove_Knausgård[1].jpg
2 MB, 2084x2848
>>7332843
>It's too honest and disturbing and will alienate me from everyone and my family

Publish it anyway.
>>
Change names. Use a nom de plume.
>>
File: contemplating pepe.png (88 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
contemplating pepe.png
88 KB, 563x542
>>7332843
Do it faggot >>7334364
>>
>>7332843
>>It's too honest and disturbing and will alienate me from everyone and my family
I thought you died Thomas Wolfe.

Use a psuedonym. Or, if you're bold, don't. Look at the modern day Proust who wrote Mein Kampf.
>>
>>7332843
Change the names
>>
It doesn't matter because it sucks and will never be published.

>>7333125
Also, this
>>
>>7334139
But everyone has a story to tell! Each subjective view on the miracle of life is worth existing on its own. Do you really want to be this fatalistic? I bet if you didnt immedietly assume the worst without having any reason to and if you would take some more risks, someone might even read your own story!
>>
>>7333027
She has to make the character a chinese male teenager.
>>
>>7332843
I bet you made yourself out to be a Mary Sue who can do no wrong.
>>
>>7333027
>niggers
>writing

inb4 back to /b/
>>
File: 1432792681590.gif (15 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1432792681590.gif
15 KB, 633x758
>try to make autobiography
>life not eventual enough to be captivating
>too little experience to make it lengthy
>not insightful enough to provide wisdom
>not edgy enough to provoke people
>>
>>7335828
> everyone has a story to tell

Most are pretty boring, though (mine included)
>>
>>7332843
Just sit on it and start writing something else. The solution will come to you with time. If your story is truly good, it won't matter when it is published.
>>
>>7332862
this plus put some sex and rape, lgbt 100 %$$$
>>
>>7336462
>>>/his/
>>
>>7336471
been done before
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.