[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CALVINO, BARTHES AND FOUCAULT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: 374233.jpg (47 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
374233.jpg
47 KB, 310x475
Some anon in a thread on /his/ was talking about a direct connection between the narrative on "If on a Winter's Night a Traveller" and some of Barthes and Foucaults themes.

Does anyone know more about this? Google did not help me and I am not familiar enough with Foucault or Barthes to make a connection myself.

You can talk about the book, too. It's one of my favorite books ever written.
>>
>>7332613

bump
>>
>>7332613
I fucking love Calvino.

Invisible Cities is one of the best things I've ever read.
>>
>>7332735
I saw some anon write a really good analysis of Invisible Cities on /lit/ recently but I can't find it in the archive RIP
>>
>>7332756
infinite subjectivity and infinite creativity
>>
>>7332769

more please
>>
>>7332787
All the cities are Venice, which Marco tells from different points of view. All of the observations are true, yet none of them are the same. All of the lives are infinitely different, yet all are in the same place. Two people see the same thing and live the same event, yet both experiences are so vastly different from each other that they might as well not have witnessed the same thing at all.
>>
File: invisiblecities.png (90 KB, 1875x495) Image search: [Google]
invisiblecities.png
90 KB, 1875x495
>>
>>7332735
he's second rate
>>
>>7332878
You must be thinking of Vonnegut.
>>
>>7332882
nah im thinking of italian undergrad tier postmodern gimmicks desu
>>
>>7332887
No, you are thinking of Vonnegut.

Italo is a man of beauty.
>>
>>7332613
Reddit tier author.
>>
>>7332968

>sorry guys I still get carried away with Reddit memes, please be understanding all of this /lit/ stuff is still so new to me
>>
>>7332979
Clavino fans get easily buttblasted over a mediocre author
>>
>>7332968
>>7332980
>>7332887
>>7332878

I wanna force-feed you Foye Gras until you feel gras yourself and then eat your fucking fatty liver you impolite goons
>>
>>7332980

Anon tries to save face after feeling like a first year memekid.
>>
>>7333009
>>7333011
>being this angry
stay pleb, kid
>>
>>7333063

>still hoping his ragebaits will bring about actual rage

Bless your little 'eart. You do try.
>>
Can we stop meming for a second and actually talk about books?

I didn't make much connection between IOaWNaT and Foucault, but Barthes makes a lot of sense. Ludmilla and Marana pretty obviously support the death of the author (albeit in different ways), where Lotaria does not. Flannery and the reader are trying to make sense of the whole thing, and in the end the reader realizes it doesn't matter and he should take control of his life to find his own happiness instead of following the whims of the competing ideological factions surrounding him and continuing on an impossible search for truth.
I thought it was very Nietzschian.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.