[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Children with crazy parents end up with a distorted understanding
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-11-03-11-52-17--100373876.jpg (9 KB, 194x146) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-03-11-52-17--100373876.jpg
9 KB, 194x146
Children with crazy parents end up with a distorted understanding of the world. Even though the children are not crazy, their intelligence isn't up to the task of root in out their parents' influence.
What happens if the smartest man ever born coincidentally happens to be batshit insane and no one is ever smart enough to realize it?

Pic related
>>
>>7329678
Rooting out*
>>
you are what you are

not some isolated piece of yourself extended to its maximum potential but the actual value that piece takes in life
>>
>>7329704
You misunderstand. Wittgenstein is the parent.
>>
Are you talking about kids like Mozart who were essentially crafted by their already intellectual fathers?
>>
>>7329781
Like the Jacksons.
>>
>>7329678
Your point is that Wittgenstein ideas were bullshit because he was crazy, or that he was a genius that we will never understand?
Because, as I see it, he makes some pretty good points on logic and reality, but he then realizes how pointless and contradictory is to write a book like the Tractarus to explain himself, but affirm that Philosophy (and complex phrases) are useless since it has a disconnection with reality.

What I respect out of Wittgenstein is the fact that he was able to say that he fucked up at some point and try to reformulate his philosophy
>>
>>7329678
Who else here grew up to be very disappointed in their parents' poor intellectual abilities? As I've aged, I've exposed massive irrational flaws in their political perspectives and worldviews. I'm not even sure how we can be related.

Why is this a problem? I feel like I could have achieved much more with my potential if I had been properly nurtured with solid reasoning from a young age.

Inb4 I'm an edgy teenager. I'm 30, I live alone and I'm grateful for their efforts.
>>
>>7329816
I, too feel that way.

My parents were like yours but abusive also.

I had potential, perhaps I still do, but I will not reach the levels of a man like Wittgenstein especially considering his abundance of wealth.
>>
What if women were afforded the same education and independence given to men throughout most of human history?

Wittgenstein is Virginia Woolf.
>>
>>7329713
lmao
>>
>>7329827
Witty gave up all his wealth to fight in WWI and become a schoolteacher in a rural village.

His reputation came from stalking Bertrand Russell.
>>
You fucking fools

My point was, what if Wittgenstein was totally insane and everything he said is retarded but we're not smart enough to argue with him?

Or, if you don't like Witty, what if some hypothetical hypergenius is born and he just MAKES SHIT UP and tricks us all and no one smart enough to see through his bullshit is ever born?
>>
>>7329992
LINGUISTS HATE HIM

Weird guy discovers this one clever trick to use language to defeat meaning!

Click here to find out more.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.