[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any satanist works actually worth reading? unlike pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
Are there any satanist works actually worth reading?

unlike pic
>>
>>7328011
No. I haven't actually delved into Satanic literature at all, though I think it's reasonable to assume that it isn't very good.
>>
>>7328011
depends on what you mean when you say satanist

beelzebub's tales to his grandson by gurdjieff
>>
>>7328011
Have you ever researched black/white magic?
>>
>>7328094
No, I haven't.
>>
>>7328011

Edgy window-dressing and the 60's "voice" aside, there are a number of completely reasonable ideas in this book (bear in mind that Lavey was intentionally being as edgy as possible, this was back in an era just as society was still crumbling i.e. not completely down yet, so there was actually something to push against:)

- it's better to be strong than not,
- it's better to be smart than not,
- there is (almost?) nothing admirable in weakness (which Christianity celebrates), and
- humans tend to want some ritual and window dressing around their most important values, so that's exactly what we (the satanists) going to provide, for emotional color.

I'm not a satanist but I find these all (personally) to be perfectly agreeable starting ideas (how to build a cult: start with ideas that are a mixture of actually being correct, and sound good, for your opening pitch. Then over time, test newcomers by introducing the bullshit... and if they pass, they will be happy to stay because they're part of a group with shared values now, which humans love love love...) I suspect that I find the above so reasonable because, as Jack Donovan once observed (my paraphrase): "satanists tend to be white middle class atheists".

Of course, Christianity has been such a soft target for so long that it's no longer edgy or interesting to oppose it. Once someone actually starts ideologically opposing Islam and living to tell about it, then I'll be impressed. Maybe Russia is stepping up, now.
>>
Most of the ideas for Satanism actually come from Might is Right by Ragner Redbeard. Just read that.
>>
There's basically two types of satanism: Edgelords who actually worship Satan as a deity and edgelords who use him as a symbol for their secular atheist egoism.

A person who basically as dumb as a christfag and edgy enough to root for the bad guy will never write a good book.

A person who is childish enough to need to adopt the archetypical bad guy as a symbol of his mundane egoism will also also never write a good book.
>>
File: 1442153151228.png (50 KB, 202x235) Image search: [Google]
1442153151228.png
50 KB, 202x235
>>7328337
>christfag
>dumb
Yes, some of them. There are also very intelligent Christians and many retarded Atheists.

>edgy enough to root for the bad guy
Bad is completely subjective. Plenty of reasons to find Yahweh distasteful.
>>
>>7328162
Satanism deals with black magic.
Angels deal with white magic
>>
>>7328420
what if all magics are dark at night?
>>
>>7328417
>Yes, some of them. There are also very intelligent Christians and many retarded Atheists.
I'd say intelligent Christians are more of exception these days than intelligent non-theists though.

>Bad is completely subjective. Plenty of reasons to find Yahweh distasteful.
Yes, but they don't choose to flaunt their satanism because it's their subjective preference, they do it precisely because they know it's edgy.
>>
>>7328448
>they don't choose to flaunt their satanism because it's their subjective preference, they do it precisely because they know it's edgy
That is your opinion and it's kind of a poor excuse to easily dismiss any validity to the concept. I'm sure that applies to some Satanists but not all of them.
>>
>>7328011
Newton Principia
>>
Paradise Lost
>>
Compleat Witch is what you need.
>>
File: lavey-snake-portrait-lg.jpg (55 KB, 800x784) Image search: [Google]
lavey-snake-portrait-lg.jpg
55 KB, 800x784
>>7328516
I'm pretty sure it does applies to all Satanists.
>>
>>7328448
>I'd say intelligent Christians are more of exception these days than intelligent non-theists though.
Wrong. There are no intelligent heretics.
>>
>>7329077
LARPing dated ideologies does now take place on the >>>/his/ board.
>>
>>7329086
>dated
UMMM... ITS LIKE 2015 DUDE!!!
>>
>>7329101
I'm not saying we should believe one thing or the other because of le current year, just that pretending to be religious (which is pretty much any so called religious person from a first world country) is silly and annoying.

People who claim to be Christians these days are simply lying to themselves and others and attempting to hold on to something they now is dead.
>>
>>7329127
Confirmed for troll.
>>
>>7329138
Churchgoers are the real trolls to be honest.
>>
>>7329148
See: >>7329138
>>
>>7329156
Have you never felt the need to ask a churchgoer 'come on, just between us, you don't really care about those old jew myths do you? You're just here for the social aspect aren't you?'

The honest ones without a history of illness tend to admit it.
>>
>>7329168
See: >>7329138
>>
>>7328011
La-Bas

enjoy
>>
Anton LaVey put a curse on the building I'm currently living in.
>>
>>7329127
Confirmed for preteen
>>
>>7328011
my diary, desu
>>
Isn't satanism basically just the philosophy of Nietzsche dressed up with an air of mysticism?
>>
>>7331131
Isn't Nietzsche's philosophy just the philosophy of Max Stirner dressed up with an air of mysticism?
>>
>>7331146
Not really, no.

Of course you'd know this if you'd actually read some Nietzsche, or Stirner for that matter.
>>
>>7331131
So it's like a dumbed down version of Jung?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.