[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rare meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3
File: Coffe3343.jpg (31 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
Coffe3343.jpg
31 KB, 500x332
Has anyone else noticed the meme so prevalent in all of culture? The one where the protagonist likes his fucking coffee very sweet, using an excessive amount of sugar?

Any other weird, overused, tropes?
>>
>Female protag has a cat named after a historical figure
Makes me cringe desu
>>
File: CoffeeBlack.png (118 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
CoffeeBlack.png
118 KB, 500x376
>The one where the protagonist likes his fucking coffee very sweet, using an excessive amount of sugar?

Why no... never have
>>
I like my coffee like I like my cock, black and in my butt.
>>
>>7325650
I like my coffee like i like my women. Strong, black, and married to a beta who will raise my kid when i knock her up.
>>
>she was pretty, but not in the traditional sense
>>
>>7325614
drinking straight black coffee
people who wear suits seem to have a constant fucking headache/hangover 24/7 and are always downing aspirin/NSAIDs like its candy
>>
>>7325676
Where do they sell coffee like that?
>>
yeah i just watched True Romance and Clarence does this. And if tarantino's doing it, you know its been done somewhere else too
>>
If a meme is rare, is it a meme? No. That's dumb. What you're talking about is an observation about a character's behaviour.
>>
File: Eddie.jpg (7 KB, 231x218) Image search: [Google]
Eddie.jpg
7 KB, 231x218
I like my coffee like I like my women. COVERED IN BEES!
>>
>>7326042
Have you ever noticed the meme so prevalent in all of culture? The one where the poster likes to disparage posts about posts about rare memes?

Any other weird, underused tropes?
>>
>>7325638
My Latin teacher as a kid, she had lots of cats. She used name them after Roman emperors. I don't know if she was very good at being a cat lady, because they all kept dying. She was on her second Tiberius and third Nero when I started taking classes. Nero III (or IV including the real one) an heroed before I'd completed the course.
>>
>serial killer only listens to classical music
>brilliant detective is divorced, alcoholic, and neglectful of his children, usually a pretty, intelligent daughter
>people never inhale properly when they smoke weed
>>
I like my coffee like I like my women, ground up and put in the freezer
>>
>>7326823

Serial killing is a patrician hobby it makes sense desu.
>>
>>7325638
that's common?
>>
>>7326103
I maybe phrased it bad. It's maybe not a rare meme per se, but it's not so often discussed. I feel people put it there just to make the character does something "off", Even though it's not justified. But it makes them "interesting", and a cheap trick
>>
>protag likes his coffee black as midnight on a moonless night
>>
>>7325614
What?

The bad guys take it with sugar and the good guys take it black. That's the trope if there is one.
>>
>>7325676
cringe
>>
>>7326843

no it isn't. i don't see why people think this.
>>
people in books always drink their coffee black you pillock
>>
>>7325638
It's even more annoying in real life.
>>
>>7326843
For the love of Christ stop saying desu, you portray a mental image of a lonely weaboo faggot.
>>
>>7325614
>lots of sugar and milk in coffee
The protagonist is Hispanic.

>black coffee
The protagonist is a fedora.
>>
>>7331012
You're projecting some seriously harsh styles, senpai.
>>
>>7331016
I'm not projecting anything, bud. Enjoy your pillow wife
>>
>>7331014
>tfw protagonist of my life is fedora
>>
>>7331019
I'll have you know it's a pillow husband. HMPH!
>>
>>7331012
It's just a word filter actually.
>>
>Deep, somber, artsy character talks about how much they like the autumn

B...but painter-chan, why don't you like the summer like everyone else? Everything's cold and dying in the fall!

Just like my souuuulllll....
>>
>>7331044
>everyone likes summer
>>
>>7331044
Summer's hot as fuck where I live, so only old people like it. If you're saying it's unrealistic to have all the other characters adore dunner, then I agree.
>>
>>7326754
What is your first language?
>>
>>7329689
>not putting salt in you coffee

Wow
>>
>>7331074
>>7331080

I'm talking about normal people.
>>
>>7329904
>people think this

......nope
>>
>>7331044
kek
>>
>>7331074
Its in vogue to claim to like winter and hate summer. Its obvious lies summer is the only time the spirit can freely grow and move about on its own.
>>
>>7325614
I do that.
Half of my cup is filled with sugar before pouring coffee in.
>>
>>7331259
<sane>. <insane>.
>>
>7325683
underrated. This is such a stupid way of characterizing someone. What does that even mean?
>>
>>7329904
Presumably there have been some patrician serial killers. I don't think that the average mentally unstable pervert serial killer would be any fun to read or watch a movie about
>>
>not drinking coffee black
>>
>>7331666
>not drinking hot chocolate
>>
>>7331680
>not drinking your frothy shit you've been fermenting in a cup behind your toilet for a few weeks
>>
>>7325676
I like my women like I like my coffee, in a cup
>>
>>7325676
I like my women like I my coffee: called tea.
:^)
>>
I like my coffee like I like my women. Boiled.
>>
>>7331096
>live in Arizona

Summer is shit. Monsoon is best season.
>>
I like my coffee like I like my women: cold and bitter.
>>
>>7331096
REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>7331666
*sips fedora
>>
I like my coffee like I like my women: with a cunt.
>>
>>7325721

Sweden
>>
>>7331259

In Houston, summer is the season where the spirit is pinned to the scorching sidewalk by the hateful glare of the Sun as soon as you step outside. Plus, the air is the consistency of soup.

Winter is far nicer.
>>
I like my coffee like I like my women.

>>
>>7333682
Flat, white and covered in blacks?
>>
I like my coffee like I like my women: hot, cheap, and will run right through me
>>
When the characters are human/humanoid, any recommendations of books where the protagonist is not human and does things humans wouldn't?
>>
>>7325638
that desu
>>
>>7329904
Maybe not patrician, but the big difference between a serial killer and a murder who gets caught after a couple killings is the ability to plan well, think on their feet, and sharp eye for any details they may leave. Also, a good acting ability. Sometimes that means they have good taste, others not. tl;dr to be a successful serial killer, you have to be smarter than your average person.
>>
>>7331034
a word filter for what? desu? senpai?
>>
>>7334677
f a m t b h
>>
>>7327942
ayy
>>
>>7331014
>what is the Grapes of Wrath
>>
>>7331044
thats basically me
shameless melodramatic artsy kid
>>
>>7333682
with cum in
>>
>>7325638
But it's so cute real life!!!
Meet cute guy, see his cat, it's named Marie Antoinette!!! Hnnng so wet
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.