[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this book suck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: bad book i swear to god.jpg (178 KB, 778x1200) Image search: [Google]
bad book i swear to god.jpg
178 KB, 778x1200
Siddhartha was so much better. Did Herman Hesse develop some kind of mental illness as he was writing the ending to this book because it was shit.
>>
It didn't.
>>
Never read that one, only non-siddhartha hess ive read was journey to the east and that was a disappointment t b h
>>
>>7321496
One of the few I haven't read sadly. I've loved all the books I've read so far: Peter Camenzind, Gertrud, Rosshalde, Siddhartha, Steppenwolf, Journey to the East, The Glass Bead Game. Oh shit, nearly forgot Beneath the Wheel.

So what I guess I'm getting at is you're an idiot.
>>
>>7321496
Jej, I'm finishing that one right now. It's like, proto-fascist esoteric erotica
>>
I liked it, maybe you are too 'normie' to get it.
>>
Just finished reading Siddhartha today coincidentally enough. You cant compare it to Demian. They both have their own style of writing and different messages.

I thought Demian more Gnostic and Esoteric than Siddhartha. I'm reading the beginning of Steppenwolf and it seems to be similar to Demian (the lone character with a secret type) so I dont think it's a drastic change of style.

Personally Siddhartha was an aberration. But that's just me. I've yet to read his other books.
>>
>>7321496
I liked it more than Siddharta and Steppenwolf.
>>
>>7321670
I agree.
>>
>>7321581
Oh my god that's the best description I've heard.
>>
Hesse gets samey as fuck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.