[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dear /lit/ Irony is the song of the prisoner who's come
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3
File: 90s pepe.jpg (9 KB, 250x246) Image search: [Google]
90s pepe.jpg
9 KB, 250x246
Dear /lit/

Irony is the song of the prisoner who's come to love his cage.

Love,
Sincerity
>>
File: 1416279180648.jpg (66 KB, 802x437) Image search: [Google]
1416279180648.jpg
66 KB, 802x437
How do I escape the endless maze that is irony?
>>
>>7315529

>I'm a teenager who just discovered DFW

wow cool
>>
>>7315536
Do you disregard anything written more than a day ago?

That's a shame
>>
>>7315529
It's actually song of the bird who has come to love its cage.
>>
>>7315529
"Sincerity" is not the opposite of irony, it is the absence of it. Like "authenticity", another empty label, it will disappear wherever you search for it.
>>
>>7315838
>implying that irony is not a method of escapism for people who don't actually want to interact with actual emotions
>>
>>7315845
Well hoss, I don't think I implied that.
>>
>>7315838
neh bruh authenticity is omnipresent
>>
I don't even know what the hell is going on anymore

Love,
Anon
>>
>>7315863
As soon as you start to look for the "authentic," you're already lost. Authentic handcrafted Amish furniture, authentic Thai cuisine, authentic 1000 times folded grorious Nippon steel, it doesn't exist. Only more and more uncanny simulacra.
>>
>>7315895
>Authentic handcrafted Amish furniture etc doesn't exist

I think you lost it a bit there
>>
>>7315895
simulacra are authentic simulacra
>>
so whats your solution. hate the cage? idiot. my cage is comfy
>>
>>7315945
The problem is when you sing about hating your cage when you like it.
>>
>>7315950
So I am tsundere for my cage?
>>
Irony is nothing but a joke peretuated, a limitless bout of foolishness, an infinite... bunch of crapola.
>>
>>7315529
>>>/his/
>>
>>7315945
Carry the cage on your back
>>
>>7315535
Wow this made me laugh a lot
>>
>>7315945
imagine the cage happy.
>>
Sincerity is narrative topsoil.

Irony is a shovel.

The limits of human reading comprehension are the bedrock.
>>
I honestly wish I would just die in my sleep at this point.

Regards,
Anon
>>
>>7319839
I believe the popular term is JDIMSA, for your convenience.

Cheers,
Anon
>>
>>7319834
I guess that's why they call it having a dig ey?
>>
It
Rony is the somg of the fag who lovs Hitler
>>
File: image.jpg (373 KB, 800x2126) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
373 KB, 800x2126
Can someone explain to me exactly what level 3 is supposed to look like in practice?
>>
>>7320034
Sure, man.
>>
>>7320042
Ok, I'm all ears.
>>
>>7319967
>JDIMSA
Anon?
>>
>>7320034
When I hang out with my conservative friends I put on the can'tstump.trump mask and play along with them but I try to take it too far to see if they'll agree and if they do I usually withdraw from the conversation. Like I've got to keep up the mask to protect my reputation but I've taken it too far and might have created something bad. Ill then withdraw myself from the world and go for walks in nature hoping it will purge the emotions that have come from shame.
>>
>>7320070
So you're saying that you're a 3 becoming a 4? Could be dangerous.
>>
>>7320034
>I fell for the bait :'(
>>
>>7320070
I think you need to either commit full throttle to the bit or never go there in the first place.
>>7320078
Can you elaborate on that?
>>
>>7320070
This is what happens to anyone that flirts with /pol/, at first you meme about the zogs and the nogs and c.u.c.kolds, and then one day you wake up and realize the holocaust is a lie
>>
>>7320099
That's exactly how It is. I think the holocaust is a lie now but haven't quite bought into the Jewish conspiracy.
>>7320093
Not again
>>
What's the difference or relationship between cynicism and irony
>>
>>7320122
Cynicism is me thinking you're baiting, the irony being that you are and I'm falling for it
>>
>>7320122
Cynicism is the poise adopted by the chronic ironist.
>>
>>7320059
Just Die In My Sleep Already
>>
>>7320137
uh, that was supposed to say "pose"
>>
we should all adopt the phrase tbs (to be sincere) in order to fight irony.

Contemporary doesn't need an irony sign since irony has become the norm.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.