[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get interested in self publishing at amazon >surprised
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: snatcher_039.jpg (23 KB, 307x185) Image search: [Google]
snatcher_039.jpg
23 KB, 307x185
>get interested in self publishing at amazon
>surprised by how simple and easy it is
>decide to check the indie best sellers
The first thing I saw was "Pretty when you cry: A dark love story" The cover was a guy with a hipster beard kissing a woman.
I scrolled through dozens of pages, and all I saw was shitty hipster books made by edgy teenagers.

Why all self-publishing tools are full of this bullshit? I don't want my work to be seen in the middle of all this shit.
I wish they charged at least 5$, so there wouldn't be so many shitty "novels"
>>
>>7314906
>Why all self-publishing tools are full of this bullshit?

>I want people to read my shitty story, but for some reason Penguin, Harper Perrenial, and other big publishers rejected me. Whatever shall I do to get my shitty book out there?
>>
>>7314919
I never tried to publish anything, anywhere son. I was hoping Amazon could be my first one.
>>
>>7314906
Self-publishing is an amazing tool if you know how to use it. Plopping your stuff on there with a 0.99c pricetag as an unknown and with minimal editing is a great way to never get read.
>>
>>7314906
Self-publishing is the new way that technology has allowed failures and hacks to get their genre-fiction schlock out to an audience of mouthbreathers. Stay far away from it if you ever want to be taken seriously.
Better to die an unknown and have your dignity than find your 'fame' in the halls of self-publishing.
>>
>>7317138
Pseudonyms are my plan for some money to live and the real lit shit is gonna be me.
>>
>>7317157
You aren't going to make a living doing Amazon self-publishing. You just won't.
>why is self-publishing on the cheapest platform shit
Because anyone can do it. No Gatekeepers, no editors, etc. If you want to be published but don't want to wait on a big publishing house, there are some very good indie houses these days. Coffeehouse Press, Curbside Splendor, and Burrow Press are a few that come to mind.
>>
>>7315020
>Self-publishing is an amazing tool if you know how to use it.

How do you properly use self-publishing?
>>
>>7314906
>Why all self-publishing tools are full of this bullshit?
Because there's a lot of books on there and the average book sucks. So far no https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recommender_system is good enough.

See also: Google Play, Steam, YouTube, etc.
>>
>>7317224
What the world needs is a group of patricians with proven good taste to selflessly dedicate their time to finding the elusive good self-published book.
>>
>>7317252
That's the solution Value is going for with Steam right now. We'll see how it works out for them.
>>
>>7317138
>>literally the martian
>>
>>7317211
>You aren't going to make a living doing Amazon self-publishing
You can if you make your work free and collect donations through Pateron.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.