[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is absolute garbage. How can someone have the audacity to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1444942305822.jpg (19 KB, 392x574) Image search: [Google]
1444942305822.jpg
19 KB, 392x574
This is absolute garbage. How can someone have the audacity to read a passage about a minor getting spanked making an audience including the protagonist get so aroused they have a spontaneous orgy and call it "the greatest book ever written in the English language"? How can someone with a straight face read a book that includes a man eating feces from a woman's anus that reminds him of fellating a black man's penis and have the nerve to recommend that book to another human being?
>>
Go to bed, Granddad!
>>
Gee /lit/ it's okay, you don't have to sell it to me, I've begun reading it already.
>>
>>7239290
It's just a prank, bro.
>>
There is a lot to take fault with in Gravity's Rainbow, but neither of the passages you cite strike me as low points.

Were you under the impression those scenes were meant to be funny?
>>
Thanks for doing my marketing for me --Tommy P
>>
File: bvtrbw.jpg (273 KB, 1366x658) Image search: [Google]
bvtrbw.jpg
273 KB, 1366x658
>>7239459
It sounds like he's bitching about it for moralfag reasons rather than based on the prose or anything. He should calm the fuck down and have a banana.
>>
>>7239459
he's just baiting, just assume everyone that can't form coherent sentences is
makes life much easier
>>
I was going to read it but the mention of these scenes are a bit off putting. Is it really as disgusting as OP is saying?
>>
>>7239459
what aspects of it do you think were flawed out of interest? i see a lot of people criticise the characters for being unrelatable

>>7240999
some of it is genuinely grim reading but you should definitely give it a go.
>>
>>7241008
Grim? Besides Bianca what was grim?
>>
>>7241149
uhhh...

the possibility of some technologically driven fate driving humanity deathward? the war? hiroshima? the violence of the zone? the sudwest genocide?
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 950x633) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 950x633
>>7241154
Wha? That's the world we live in. GR was yr exposure to this? That's not fiction, that's the world that all novels are written in, the world we wake up into and nod off in everyday, the world where we shitpost on /lit/ while the Harvard educated elite fund mass murder across third and second world countries. I know you know this, but do you care? Pretend to care?
>>
>>7241164
time to masturbate, thanks
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.