[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help I'm retarded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1436480213537.png (308 KB, 492x419) Image search: [Google]
1436480213537.png
308 KB, 492x419
How do I read a book?

I don't think I have ever successfully read one book from cover to cover in my entire life. I'll spend the entire day reading news articles, posts, interesting historical articles, etc, but there's this weird mental block that happens when I try to read an actual book and I just stop after about a chapter or two.

The idea of finishing a single book seems like some kind of enormous undertaking to me, but I know people who read a book each day. How the hell do they do that? I just can't stay unstimulated for such a long period of time. I'm addicted to doing a dozen things at once on the internet while I read an article, so stopping all of that, sitting down in front of a book, and just reading it sounds impossible.
>>
>>7222940
same tbh, but when reading no fiction i just feel bored and expecting a twist.
>>
just read lmao jesus christ
>>
>>7222940
Sit down and read a portion at a time until you finish. Start with one chapter, then as the weeks go by increase the amount you read. Also, try to stay off the internet for some period of time during the day. It fucks with your ability to concentrate.
>>
File: adderall.jpg (10 KB, 205x160) Image search: [Google]
adderall.jpg
10 KB, 205x160
I take one of these and then walk away from the computer with the book.
>>
you fucked up your brain using the internet too much

amphetamine would probably help you a lot
>>
start with the greeks
>>
How is it possible for someone not to read a whole book, ever? I know I read fewer books since I'm a working adult and I have the internet, but when I was younger I would easily burn through a few 300+ page, non-picture books a week, or a 1000+ page book in a weekend.

You need to be like Buster in that Arthur episode and find a book/series on a a topic that interests you.
>>
>>7222971
these yellow pills?
>>
>>7222940
Start with smaller books and work your way up.
>>
>>7223383
I don't mean this to be offensive, but did you even have any friends?
>>
>>7223667
I'm friends with your mother
>>
>>7223693
I'm just saying, I wonder why it is these kids read so much.
>>
>>7223718
I read voraciously as a kid and I had 2 very close friends and several good friends.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.