[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genuine good parts - not a full list
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1444579484507.jpg (8 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1444579484507.jpg
8 KB, 224x225
437. Space is a million times more peaceful than the jungle. Have you ever wondered why? Because it's such a hostile environment to life, that nothing can survive there. A hint for the pacifists, as to what it would really take to finally achieve "world peace".

234. "Do you think people deserve a second chance?" — No, because there's no "second", no repetition; what comes next is always a new thing — and that's a good thing.

233. Either you are interested in the work, in which case money is irrelevant, or you are interested in money, in which case the work is irrelevant. There is no middle ground here.

229. It's always a bright and sunny day on planet earth, it's just a question of having enough elevation.

228. The obsessive hatred, bordering on psychosis, against products — i.e. against man-made objects — seems to be the hallmark of the pseudo-intellectual today. Hatred of consumption, a problem which no sane, healthy person has ever had. As if food and clothes, as if eating or dressing were bad. Such is the pseudo-intellectual's craving to appear to be raging at something, that he will rage at life's basic necessitities if need be.

166. Or "war crimes". It's okay to kill someone but not rape them. Subhuman logic.

157. A low blow is something unbecoming and distasteful, especially to a tall man. But when you are fighting short people — there's no way around it — you have to hit low.

135. Writer's block is bullshit. I've been writing for close to a decade now, and have not the faintest notion of the thing; it's merely a euphemism for slaves who want to make a living out of scribbling because they are too lazy to do anything else. If a writer has something to say, it comes out by itself, if he doesn't, then what's the point in WANTING to write? — Money, of course.
>>
>>7221160
>out of order

pls delete this
>>
holy shit these are fucking great, did a frog poster really come up with this shit? or are these some kind of aphorisms from like a middle tier conservative author no one reads anymore because he's not a marxist? i could imagine these coming from an orwell-tier, but right-wing, author.
>>
>>7221165
>233. Either you are interested in the work, in which case money is irrelevant, or you are interested in money, in which case the work is irrelevant. There is no middle ground here.
this is the stupidest thing I have ever read
>>
>>7221173

if you ignore all other dimensions (i.e. humanitarian benefits, status benefits, anything other than enjoyment or money) then i independently came to this conclusion.

I think many jobs are really shit. Either be a banker / entrepreneur or be an artist / academic. There is no such thing as half rich or half an intellectual. Being an engineer on £60k while working 9-5 monday to friday as a 50 year old is pathetic
>>
>>7221165
But it is in order; it just starts from the highest number, and the lower the list you go, the lower the number you’ll see.
>>
>>7221182
ree; etc.
>>
>>7221180
>this is dumb
>b-but I independently came to this conclusion

gr8 jorb budd
>>
>>7221160
Please don't tell me this is all orgyofthewill.
>>
80. The retards ask: "Where is the evidence for the inferiority of women?" And I respond: Where is the evidence that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west? Where is the evidence that it takes clouds for it to rain? Where is the evidence that pigs can't fly? It's all around us. Propositions so self-evident that the mere fact that retards question their validity almost constitutes evidence.

94. Why is the businessman, ultimately, doomed to remain a little man? Because in order to be good at what he does, he has to think of the needs of everyone but himself.

14. I have nothing but love for my teachers. To be resentful of and hate your teacher is the first symptom of the bad, the hopeless student. And to envy him of the mediocre.

15. The shallow thinkers — who want moreover to pass to you for "humanitarians" — say: "Don't investigate the people, investigate the system". But the people are the system. Who do you think created the system? The magical system fairies? Investigating the system ends up leading you back to the people; more precisely, to the psychological processes which led them to create it.

>I agree with the previous two a lot

392. Socrates: "The unexamined life is not worth living." But no life is "unexamined". It's just that the capacity for examination varies from person to person, something which Socrates was too superficial to take into account. Those he thought led an "unexamined" life were simply bad at examination (and consequently led dull lives which were not even worth examining). "The unexamined life is not worth examining", would be the correct thing to say, then — and that's precisely why it isn't.

404. You know that Cormac McCarthy is an idiot loser and his prose is shit, when he talks about punctuation as "weird little marks that blot the page up". But a "weird little mark" can change, not only the tone and feel of a passage, but even the FUCKING MEANING of it (if the tone and feel were not already meaning, which they are). Pretentious pseudo-intellectual loser. And that's why all his books suck ass.
>>
>228. The obsessive hatred, bordering on psychosis, against products — i.e. against man-made objects — seems to be the hallmark of the pseudo-intellectual today. Hatred of consumption, a problem which no sane, healthy person has ever had. As if food and clothes, as if eating or dressing were bad. Such is the pseudo-intellectual's craving to appear to be raging at something, that he will rage at life's basic necessitities if need be.

this is interesting

where are those from btw?
>>
569. Hatred of the rich is so wretched, it's such an obscenely malignant sentiment, that it is truly a masterstroke of deception that the rich-haters have managed to convince everyone (and even the poor rich people themselves!) that they hold the high moral ground! The low moral underground, more like! For what are riches? What does it mean to be rich? Examine the concept of money closely and you will see that all it means is that rich people are those to whom everyone else owes something; and in fact a great deal of things indeed! Otherwise they wouldn't be rich! Hatred of the rich is merely an attempt to get out of discharging a debt (and indeed a great number of debts!) that one has incurred, at one point or other, of one's own free will.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.