[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what do you consider an artpiece
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: fucker.jpg (346 KB, 1886x1062) Image search: [Google]
fucker.jpg
346 KB, 1886x1062
what do you consider an artpiece
>>
It doesn't matter. Word definitions are made up concepts.
>>
An object or phenomenon intended for display.
>>
File: 1413597314739.png (1 MB, 935x699) Image search: [Google]
1413597314739.png
1 MB, 935x699
A vaginal prolapse.
>>
File: must-i-go-fast.jpg (34 KB, 399x399) Image search: [Google]
must-i-go-fast.jpg
34 KB, 399x399
videos of bubsy 3d and sonic are the only art i recognize
>>
>>6473005
When is a concept not made up?
>>
>>6473042
I think the idea he was attempting to communicate was that the concept of art does not refer to any specific category of object or particular trait, and that the criteria for what is or is not art are ultimately subjective.

And just like all subjective matters, this means that discussion on the topic only makes for a grand pissing contest.
>>
>>6472997
say what you will Ryan Dorin has put out some nice piano music
>>
>>6473052
OP here, yes cool but what do YOU consider art, I am hoping for a grand pissing contest
>>
>>6473061
Art is whatever some loon says is art.

The more important question is whether or not the thing in questsion is GOOD art.

The mere act of calling something art doesn't necessarily make it worth a damn.

See; top forty and YA lit
>>
>>6473061
Art is anything that Spirit finds itself in
>>
>>6473193
PÜRE IDEOLÖGY
>>
not video games
>>
>>6473083
saying something is art doesn't make it art 100% of the time
>>
How about the try to come up with an essential characteristic that all art shares by any definition.

Subjective expression?
>>
>>6473193
go back to be Schopenhauer
>>
>>6473242
I disagree, but being an entirely subjective matter I have no objection whatsoever to your contrary opinion.
>>
>>6472997
Anything-literally all things- that have been created by man in his image. The value found in that art thereof is entirely subjective
>>
>>6473250
That's not even Schopenhauer's position.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.