[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Don't want to start any debate here, i want to start a veganist
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: fruits[1].jpg (308 KB, 580x300) Image search: [Google]
fruits[1].jpg
308 KB, 580x300
Don't want to start any debate here, i want to start a veganist diet in a near future but i want to inform myself first. The problem is that all the books i've seen so far try to guide the reader to one specific direction or opinion.

Can you guys recommend me any good objective non manipulative books about Veganism?

thank you anons
>>
Just read any book about nutrition. A vegan diet isn't really a special diet.

Just watch your b12 that's the only thing you can't fuck around with
>>
>>8258985
>Just read any book about nutrition. A vegan diet isn't really a special diet.

Ok, that sounds reasonable. Any good books about the subject?
>>
I am a vegetarian, here's my diet.

Low fat greek yogurt
Whole wheat Tortilla wraps: with the grilled ingredients
-chopped bell peppers (called fajita mix at whole foods, it comes in boxes pre chopped. I get 2 boxes of that a week)
-avocados (however many I am going to use per week, around 6)
-big heaping helpings of leafy greens (I get one giant box of leafy greens and then one smaller box of leafy greens.)
Sweet potatoes
Dark amber honey
Decaf Coffee
Almond Milk
Bananas
Blueberries
Apples
Big bag of oatmeal oats
around 2 - 3 pounds of salmon per week

This is my diet every week, it costs around 150-160 dollars at whole foods. I'm 6 foot 2 inches tall and I weigh 165 pounds, so my diet may be a little more calorie intensive than yours if you're a smaller person. I eat about 2500 - 2750 calories a day to maintain my weight.

All of this lasts me exactly a week and it's enough for me to have food every single day until saturday when I go to the grocery store again. I've been eating this diet for the past year and a half and it's been great.
>>
>>8259050
There is a huge difference between vegetarianism and veganism.
>>
>>8259050
>vegetarian
>2 - 3 pounds of salmon per week
come again?
>>
>>8259466

as well as between vegetarianism and pescetarianism (which is what >>8259050 actually is)
>>
>>8258982

Not veganism per se, but this being /lit/ the number one name to note is Peter Singer.
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Maex3jW0Yw8
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.