[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting social ties after transition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_nsdg831xo11u59ltco1_400.gif (2 MB, 268x290) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsdg831xo11u59ltco1_400.gif
2 MB, 268x290
>Go full time a month ago
>I pass to strangers, but friends that knew me pre-transition still treat me like a guy
>They use new name and female pronouns half of the time, other name and pronouns when they forget to be sensitive
>Other subtleties make clear that they don't think of me as a "real" girl
>Consider cutting ties with them, but am scared of having no friends

Did anyone else here feel compelled to cut most social ties after transition?
>>
Yep and already did. Another year of cocoon mode ahead of me before freedom ;_;
>>
I did and I definitely don't regret it, I only kept one friend who thinks of me as a girl but they don't have any ties to anyone else in my life so it won't affect me.

It's much better making friends and having a boyfriend who sees you as a girl from the get-go. I can't imagine not cutting all ties and going stealth.
>>
File: 1437595820170.jpg (337 KB, 1463x852) Image search: [Google]
1437595820170.jpg
337 KB, 1463x852
>>6522175
What did you do during that initial stage where you didn't have any friends? The thought is kind of depressing me at the moment
>>
>>6522371
Not him but I've done it twice before. Spend your first few months in the new place being really social and get connected. That way you develop a good base quickly and you can have people help you since you're 'new' there. Go to the office parties, join organizations, school/university groups, and meet peoples friends. It'll die down after a while and at that point you'll have a handful of people you can hang out with regularly. It's stressful but temporary.
>>
>>6522371
Well I always had 1 friend, but you just gotta make new ones thru whatever outlet to the outside world you have. I met my boyfriend first and made friends through him.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.