[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am curious as to why being gay should be not only allowed but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: 1466293480935.jpg (39 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
1466293480935.jpg
39 KB, 640x470
I am curious as to why being gay should be not only allowed but valued in today's society.

>inb4 troll
I am not a troll, I am just legitimately curious about peoples view points on the matter, and want to debate about it.

The 2 arguments I have for not being gay is as follows.

1. It goes against nature. What I mean by this is nature dictates a man and a women get together, procreate, and have kids.The parents die of old age, the kids grow up, get together with the opposite gender and have kids of there own. Thus the circle of life continues, and being gay just seems to halt that progression.

2.Gay people seem to center there whole life around what there gender is, gay pride parades, showing off that there gay, even talking in a different dialect just to signal to other gay people that they are gay themselves.

so yeh, debate me faggots.
>>
Try putting some effort into your trolling and I will.
>>
(you)
>>
>>6444090
Argument 1: We have too many people, something being natural or unnatural is not a basis of legislation, people are not legally obligated to procreate and so there is no reason to ban it
Argument 2: some people do something you find annoying. you can't ban something on that basis.
Most of all, just try and troll with something actually creative and interesting.
>>
File: 1460964366432.gif (1 MB, 280x210) Image search: [Google]
1460964366432.gif
1 MB, 280x210
Jesus, all I want to do is have a fuckin debate, but I guess all you faggots are just so caught up in ur own shit to even fucking try.

nevermind, it was a mistake thinking someone had a brain and an intelligent mind on here my bad.
>>
>>6444126
>I want to discuss whether or not you should exist and you're not pandering to me by hearing out my retarded arguments
sorry that you've been triggered, better get back to your safe space
>>
>>6444122
OK first of all thank you for actually being intelligent.

1: why not? it seems something worth banning if its literally halting our ancestors bloodlines and lineage because you decide *No my ancestors who worked hard and continued to provide offspring fuck them im going to be gay*.

2.its not that I find it annoying, its that they center there whole lives around what they proclaim they are. I'm a straight white male, but I don't go shouting in everyone's face about it and throw a parade.
>>
File: 1416384722312.gif (436 KB, 134x170) Image search: [Google]
1416384722312.gif
436 KB, 134x170
>>6444169
>>
>>6444169
Straight people can decide they don't want to have kids. There's no mandate to reproduce. We don't force fertile couples to reproduce. Therefore there is no reason to legally restrict gay people from existing (and even if we did, it wouldn't stop them existing, it would just force them to be gay in secret).
Secondly, we can't legally restrict people from centering their lives around stupid shit. Some religious people centre their whole lives around Jesus, and that's not illegal. So neither should be centering their whole lives around queer theory and gender parades. Also because heterosexuality is the norm, you don't realise how much society does that shouting for you.
Basically there's no reason to criminalise homosexuality as it is not in breach of anything that would be a problem if other people were doing it, and would not stop homosexuals from existing, it would merely criminalise them for existing, which is unconstitutional.
>>
File: Proud-Christian.png (35 KB, 178x178) Image search: [Google]
Proud-Christian.png
35 KB, 178x178
>>6444169
Dang I guess we should ban Christianity too. Because being an ordained priest or monk means you're celibate and therefor "halt your ancestors bloodline" and people can be proud and base their identity off of it
>>
>>6444233
That makes sense that its not constitutional to criminalize them for being gay. I just don't like the idea of halting our ancestors work and lineage because you have the audacity to stop it, to me that's not your decision to stop it. As for gay people in general, its that iv never met a socially normal gay person. I'm not trying to discriminate but every gay person iv met was either really flamboyant to the point where just interacting with them was unpleasant.

Basically my point is that it goes against nature, and they destroy there bloodline, that there ancestors worked hard to keep intact.
>>
>>6444337
Babe, putting your dick in someone isn't working hard, especially when it's the only thing expected out of you.
>>
>>6444169

>I'm a straight white male, but I don't go shouting in everyone's face about it

except you people say this exact line in every discussion that doesn't center around you, thereby trying to shove it in our faces

we don't care about your identity any more than you care about ours
>>
>>6444337
Toupee falacy

>I've never seen a gay person who wasn't visibly gay!
Well of course, that's why you saw them!
You've met gay guys without knowing it because they aren't flamboyant
>>
>>6444416
Makes scence, except that I have met people that were gay and aren't cingey, or weird, or don't try to shove it in my face about it, one of my friends from middle school come to think of it.

>>6444365
yah they do. When I meet a gay person I can automatically tell they are a gay person because they make it so apparent. They subconscious or consciously shout at the top of there lungs *look everyone im gay* just with how they dress and act and talk. its not that I care its that I ask why are they so concerned about shoving it in everyone's face about it.
>>
>>6444337

Nature has the system of modifying and passing on genetic data, in order to eventually create a species that's better than it currently is. This was vitally important up until very recently, and is the reason humans are as successful as we are.

But now, the evolution of society is advancing exponentially faster than biological evolution can keep up. As long as you aren't at the extreme top or bottom of humanity, your genes are basically insignificant. And if genetic alteration is developed, they literally become a non-issue.

Instead, it's the development and evolution of information and ideas that's advancing society. Procreation exists now only as a means to ensure we have as many humans around as we need. And, given that we already have too many humans, we do not need everyone to procreate. In fact, if people don't slow down soon, it will likely result in a disaster that severely sets back the progress we've made thus far.
>>
>>6444536
Do you have evidence to back up ur claim that there are too many people currently on this planet?

>inb4 just look around you.
>inb4 in should just be obvious, I shouldn't have to explain.
>>
>>6444650

Mostly, it's the logistics necessary to keep a country like the US running as it currently is. Simple things like food, water, and transportation can only service a maximum number of people before they start to break down. Some places are already at those limits, and many are closer to the breaking point than is apparent, because they work fine with their current load.

In 3rd-world countries, they already have to deal with infrastructure that can't handle them. It's impossible to facilitate enough food, water, sewer systems, and education to accommodate them. Now imagine if a 1st-world country, who is the one developing all these world-changing technologies, found themselves as overwhelmed as 3rd-world countries are now.
>>
>>6444090
OP, just move to literally any Muslim country.
>>
>>6444921
You have a gewd point here.

So are you suggesting that in todays age we can accept gays, because our world is overpopulated enough?
>>
>>6444090
>It goes against nature.
Homosexuality is natural, though. It wasn't synthesized in a lab or made up by a society. It has existed probably since forever (see ancient Greece), and it is well known that animals have gay sex as well. Besides, using computers isn't natural, but I don't think you want to criminalize it.

>Gay people seem to center there whole life around what there gender is,
Pride parades wouldn't exist if fags were accepted in society for a longer period of time. Regarding the other stuff, gays have an affinity to act gay because they are gay. Their minds are different and it's not surprising that they act differently*. Being different/annoying isn't illegal.

*I admit that it is possible that acting gay is actually just exhibitionism, but exhibitionism isn't illegal either.
>>
>>6445074
I'm not him but the fact of the matter is, as long as they aren't directly hurting you, it isn't really about you. You don't have to accept anyone, but even then, you are only doing it because you don't believe that they are reproducing. Also we owe our ancestors nothing. You only owe things to people that are in your life.
>>
>>6444090
>There

Jesus I am unironically talking with children on this site.

Brb an heroing
>>
OP if you want an actual debate how about you don't write like a teenage girl.
>>
>>6445352
Insulting someones ability to properly type in a manner in which you are accustomed to, ya, sounds like the internet.
>>
>>6445269
>Pride parades wouldn't exist if fags were accepted in society
That's an interesting idea, OP is frustrated because he thinks these things are held to irritate him when it's instead ment to spread tolerance to people who are opposed to homosexuality.
Gay pride parades exist for the betterment of the social order.
>>
File: 1464717746469.png (892 KB, 761x1096) Image search: [Google]
1464717746469.png
892 KB, 761x1096
>>6445271
>Also we owe our ancestors nothing.
yeah, we kind of do. They were the ones who built this country, they were the ones who fought and died to allow us to even be here.

This notion that *we don't own them anything, and we are our own people* is simply wrong. The fact of the matter is our lives are not our own were simply barrowing it, and to tell me that my ancestors don't matter would be spitting in each one of there faces.
>>
>>6445918
No, we really don't.
Most of our ancestors didn't do shit. They just fucked.

And most of this fucking before they knew what fucking was, what birth control was, or had any plan for their lives beyond children, so I really don't give a fuck.
Their 'contribution' means even less than our's would now.
>>
>>6444337
>I just don't like the idea of halting our ancestors work and lineage because you have the audacity to stop it, to me that's not your decision to stop it.
There are many straight people who make that decision. The decision is somewhat made for gay people, who are not attracted to the opposite gender and cannot make themselves attracted to the opposite gender. Although they can do IVF, so in a sense if you improve access to IVF gay people might be more moral than straight people who choose not to have children.
It also does not go against nature, because homosexuality in animals is well attested, but something being natural or unnatural is not a basis for morality. It is unnatural to wear glasses or use the internet, but we do both of those things.
>>
>>6445271

I can understand the idea of being thankful to those that struggled to ensure not just our survival, but our ability to thrive. There are a lot of people that went above and beyond what was necessary to make the world what it is today.

That said, I don't see why we should honor them by doing whatever it was that counted as success to them. They also used to kill people in neighboring countries for damn near no reason. It was what any young man was expected to do. But we're not about to destroy our carefully-maintained peace just because, "Well, our ancestors did this for millennia, and we don't want to be disrespectful."
>>
>>6445738
It's actually neither to irritate homophobes nor to spread acceptance amongst straight people. It's for LGBT people to get together and celebrate the struggles of their community. It's not about straight people, it's about LGBT people. Straight people often struggle to understand the concept of something not being about them.
>>
>>6445918
What about people who get vasectomies or hysterectomies? Some gay people have kids and/or adopt kids, and more would do it if the option was easier. So surely you should be more opposed to straight people having elective sterilisation procedures?
>>
File: 1466647734097.jpg (1 MB, 1553x2185) Image search: [Google]
1466647734097.jpg
1 MB, 1553x2185
This has deffinataly been an eye opener for me. You all have managed to argue every point I brought up, I guess my trump card would be that if someone is gay, there's something fucked up in there head.
>>
>>6444090
>Gay people seem to center there whole life around what there gender is, gay pride parades, showing off that there gay, even talking in a different dialect just to signal to other gay people that they are gay themselves.
how many gay people do you know personally to even make this claim
>>
>>6444090
>1: it's not natural! i have no evidence for my claim, and also i am using a computer which is also unnatural so i am a hypocrite
>2: certain people focus on a certain aspect of themselves too much in my opinion so we should OUTLAW it

wow op you make some very compelling arguments
>>
>>6446051
>we should outlaw people that i think are "fucked up" with no valid evidence or reasons presented

lol
>>
>>6444090
OP, gay people can just raisee orphaned children or procreated via surrogate or some other arrangement to counter your point #1
#2 is not true and also pretty biased. I know a ton of hetero people that center their lives around being hetero. Girls that only talk about boys all the time or guys that talk about smashing pussy all the time or w.e. Not to mention hetero relationships are plastered front and center in every mainstream movie, commercial, song, etc. Gay people have one day of the year where they celebrate being gay at a parade, 1/365 days dedicated to it isn't exactly centering your life around it. It doesn't even come close to what heteros do
>>
Well then the issue of same sex marrige comes into the mix.Think about it, would't a child having 2dads and 0 mom be a little odd to them? Then the amount of insults the child would receive at school or from people they know about having a *weird* family. It would ostracize the child from any social interactions cuz all the other kids can think about is how weird that kid is for having 2dads and 0moms.
>>
>>6446295
I mean, they're still better than straight couples who choose not to have kids in your eyes according to previous posts. And if your biggest objection to gay people having kids is "homophobes will hassle them", then maybe you should focus more energy on objecting to homophobes.
Kids have to learn homophobia, they're blank slates. If they're brought up understanding that some people have two mommies or two daddies instead of a mommy and a daddy, they won't find it weird. The argument you're employing here is the same one that was used against divorce - children will be bullied for having divorced parents. It's not sound logic.
>>
>>6444501
>just with how they dress and act and talk. its not that I care its that I ask why are they so concerned about shoving it in everyone's face about it.
2% of the population identifies as gay. Imagine how fucking hard it would be for any gay person to hook up if they didn't make subtle hints to recognize each other. They'd have to flirt with 49 straight people before finding one potential mate. Imagine the number of time a gay man would get punched in the face from flirting with 49 straight dudes.
>>
>>6444257
>kek
>>
>>6446051
>if someone is gay, there's something fucked up in there head
really?
>>
>>6444090

The problem is you only notice the annoying loud faggots that do the gay pride parade, and don't notice the normal homos because they don't act differently.
>>
>>6444090
>debate me faggots.

No. I'm tired of debating. Every fucking day somebody wants to debate. I don't care anymore. Think whatever you want.
>>
>>6444169

Atm it's probably helping humanity to be gay because of overpopulation, we need less humans.

>but muh bloodlines
Fuck off grandpa no one gives a shit.
>>
>>6444090
>1. It goes against nature.
You don't know nature. Nature doesn't follow some sensible logical course. You can't say "this goes against nature" when you don't only know nature, but it's something extensively documented IN nature itself.
Heck, even necrophilia has been documented in nature.

>2.Gay people seem to center there whole life
As if straight people don't mention their sexual attraction every 2 seconds. Name me one man who doesn't talk about "muh girls" all the time, and no, gay men don't count. Name one girl that isn't lesbian who doesn't talk about "zomg he's so hot" every few seconds.
Sex is a core part in our society. People just get upset when gay people do it.

Secondly, it's generally other people who refer to a gay guy as "that gay guy", or "this is anon. Have I mentioned he's gay? because he's gay and sleeps with men".

And lets not forget that "pride parade" is mostly there for straight people to flaunt their acceptance in public (gee, sounds like a certain accusation generally heard before)

But you wouldn't know this shit because you never cared and just want to be proven right since your worldview is narrow. How do I know? You wouldn't have made this thread otherwise.
>>
File: 1433213338375.jpg (43 KB, 336x213) Image search: [Google]
1433213338375.jpg
43 KB, 336x213
>>6444090
>1. It goes against nature.
>Modern medicine.
>Electricity.
>Vehicles.
>Fossil fuels and machines extracting other forms of energy out of them.
>Money (even as a concept).
>The ability to read and write.
>Mathematics and other science subjects
>Music
If we followed this argument all the time, we would not have any of the above listed. So yeah.
>nature
>modern civilization
Choose one.
And just one last thing, in nature there is no age of consent. Not even the concept. Everything is based on the start of releasing a given hormone or pheromone. If you use this argument you justified fucking 15 year olds. (And I'm not giving ideas to sick fucks.)
>>
>>6447893

Not even 15-year-olds. Little Suzi just had her first period at age 11? Hook her up with your neighbor's son in exchange for five goats, and make sure she gets knocked up in a month. Don't worry, her tits will probably come in by the time the baby is born.

I mean, our ancestors had to have children that early because of their lower life expectancy. Our life expectancy is about double theirs, but it's pretty disrespectful to our ancestors to not do exactly what they did.
>>
>>6447925
>Hook her up with your neighbor's son in exchange for five goats
Trade? That's not natural either you sick fuck
>>
>>6447935

But the free exchange of goods and services is my fetish... :(
>>
I normally don't comment in debate threads but the. "I don't feel the need throw it in peoples faces." Comment prompted me to respond. I think there are two types of homosexuals.

Ones that are simply born that way. Who, from my experience are content to just live their lives without any blatant overt signs of their personal tastes outside of what a non gay or lesbian person shows. Meaning, if you get to know anything about them you may or may not find out.

Then you have the ones who are bigger than life. For better or for worse. I've known people who were flaming and heartwarming. I've also known some who were obnoxious as hell.

What I've found is those types tend to be the gay equivalent of a douche bro. What's annoying about them is the fact that they are just as overbearing as some straight person going on and on about their sex life and exploits.

Finally, the in your face attitude comes from being oppressed for years. The pendulum is swinging back. Once everything settles, however long it takes, things will even out and being gay will cease being anything other than just being gay. It will take a few generations of so called equality, but it will get there outside of a few pockets who will continue to grumble on.

Sufferage, Civil Rights, all of these spawned as swell of in your face types, who finally had a voice and used it to establish their presence.
>>
As for the bloodline comment. That is comical. While sure, if you're the final member of your family and you don't have a kid. While sad in a way. It's also a bit archaic. Also, how many people can really recite their family history going past their grand parents or great grand parents. Not a lot I'd imagine outside of a rural community. I could be wrong, I don't know many people who could even name their great grand parents much less where their ancestors are from. From a more cold, logical and scientific standpoint. We do more damage to the bloodline by allowing straight children with defects to grow up and breed back into the population. So that argument is invalid as well. Homosexuals are literally not a threat to haters out there outside of being different at best and annoying at worst, In the end it's most certainly due t o offending their delicate sensibilities.
>>
>>6444090
We've got too many people as it is, I encourage butt sex and scissoring.

Think about all those carbon foot prints that are completely avoided. Gay people are saving the earth while degenerates watching mainstream media reproduce.

There's always a side polar opposite of yours, and if you don't think so try to argue for it maybe you'll understand it a little better.
>>
File: 547472.jpg (36 KB, 552x450) Image search: [Google]
547472.jpg
36 KB, 552x450
>>6444337
>I'm not trying to discriminate but every gay person iv met was either really flamboyant to the point where just interacting with them was unpleasant.

Either what? Jesus you're trying so hard to troll you can't even finish your own points
>>
>>6447857
Actually here's a tangent point, not op btw as clearly I passed the 3rd grade and know how to spell, should I be able to hang out with my straight friends and say "damn that guys hot" like they say "damn that chicks hot" without any repercussions? In a perfect world I mean, or should that stuff never be mentioned by either of us?
>>
As a man seeking cok i will tell you that everyone that participates in pride parades are faggots. All of them. Being gay should not be valued, but it also shouldnt be looked down upon. Its part of natures way of controlling population levels, making sure we dont breed uncontrolably.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.