[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seriously that sh1t has to stop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
Look if you're a gay,lesbian or Bisexual, That's all good that's easy to understand, you just like ppl of your same gender or both.
BUT IF YOU'RE A FCKING ABSTRACTGENDER GENDERQUEER OMNISEXUAL THAT'S NOT FCKING EASY TO GET YOU KNOW?
>>
>>6433352
You're just preaching to the choir, nobody here believes in that shit. Take it up with Tumblr, not us.
>>
>>6433352
None of those people dwell here, stranger.
>>
>>6433352
>please dumb down your gender identity because I am stupid
kys
>>
>>6433386
More like
>Yo those are some funny words you used to describe yourself but let's get to the point! XY or XX?
>>
File: kawaii.jpg (949 KB, 2000x1500) Image search: [Google]
kawaii.jpg
949 KB, 2000x1500
>>6433352
My gender identity cannot be pronounced in a mortal tongue.
>>
File: .png (26 KB, 136x134) Image search: [Google]
.png
26 KB, 136x134
>>6433410
Same.
>>
>>6433410
Some kind of Transcendent Gender?
Well living and learning right?
>>
>>6433438
The unseen abominations' will is absolute, and they have some nice curves. Also tentacles.
>>
>>6433386

You don't have to dumb down your gender identity or sexuality, but there's a limit to how specific you can reasonably expect commonly understood gender terminology to be. Think of it like color: There are millions of different colors, but we don't have specific terms for each one, and what specific terms we have are not universally understood (e.g., everyone knows what green is, but not everyone knows what viridian is, and if you asked someone what color #40826D is, they'd normally answer "green"). Similarly, when we're talking about gender and sexuality, we usually are going to have more use for broad terminology than for a detailed formal nomenclature.
>>
If a person can be born intersex/hermaphrodite, what gender are they supposed to identify with? In that light, I think I can understand how a person would identify with both or neither genders. There are so names and subcategories to the point of being absurd, but I think that's due to the fact that many of these "ideas" are approaching mainstream exposure for the first time and nothing has been settled on - and people are determined to have a label.
>>
>>6433370
Nope. Special snowflake non-binary trans reporting in.
>>
>>6433665
I Got your point the hermaphrodite point is kinda valid but, you know that even when a person is hermaphrodite on their DNA still specified XX and XY right?
>>
>>6433695
Humans aren't true hermaphrodites, intersex conditions are usually ambiguous. We don't genetic test babies to assign legal genders. It's literally just determined by whether they can penetrate with what they got, if yes, male, if no, female. A lot of the time, they'll do surgery on the baby to make them "normal" and they're raised like any other kid. Most intersex people just think of themselves as male or female, straight out.
>>
no you are the ones making it more confusing but enforcing ideas like a binary system of gender and specific attractions based on gender

you block people into certain roles with specific labels, and when people inevitably dont fit into them, they try to come up with their own labels because theyve been taught to label everything

then you shit on them for it? kinda fucked up if you ask me
>>
>>6433406
Neither
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intersex#Conditions
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klinefelter_syndrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XYY_syndrome
>>
>>6433791
The only Intersex condition valid is the chimerism/Mosaicism where the person has XX and XY on its body, the person is basicly BIOLOGICALLY Both genders at the same time.

All Klinefelter syndrome individuals still Biologically Males. XXY

All Jacobs Syndrome individuals still Biologically Males. XYY (Ultra males)
>>
>>6433668
I'm not a regular on this board [spoiler] (I'd post a picture but I don't want to break global rule 15) [/spoiler] and since this thread is already all over the place I'll just ask it here.

Aside from the political reasons, why is it important to have your sexual identity/sexual preference a part of your identity? I'm not trying to be inflammatory, I'm open to any lifestyle choice I've come across so far.... let me just repost what I wrote on that other board

I was just recently blessed with a beautiful daughter. She's only been with us for a month but I'm already dreaming of the day she'll be old enough to say "Hi. I'm xxxxx and I like to draw.", or "I like trucks", or "I like computers", or "I like sports", or "I like clothes" etc. etc. I can't wait for her to find the thing that makes her "her".

But I fear that one day she will say "Hi I'm xxxxx and I have/identify with these genitals and I enjoy fucking people with/who identify with these genitals". I fear the day that my wonderful daughter, full of potential, will decide that her greatest attribute is her gender identity/sexual preference.

I am not trying to bait or cause a fight, I just want to hear some honest points of view. I would greatly appreciate it.
>>
>>6433827
XXY and XYY are neither XY or XX.
You're moving the goalposts because you don't want to admit that gender is not and never has been binary.
>>
There's only 2 genders
>>
>>6433838
all that stuff comes from what society imposes upon children

being "lgbtjihsdfkdj" sets you apart from everyone because it isnt considered "normal" and that can either cause distress, or can be taken as something unique and special and becomes your primary identity

either way, id say just try to let them grow normally how they will, and dont try to impose anything on them
>>
>>6433849
Moving the goalspot? Son you not getting the point, look, my point is that there is 2 genders Male and female (you can go for the Legendary FemaleMale Chimerian if you want) nothing more and nothing less even with the variations on the chromosomes.
>>
>>6433838
Well one major reason that people identify so strongly with their sexuality is because they get branded with it and mistreated for it. It becomes such a huge deal because everyone else makes it such a huge deal.
If there was no discrimination or hatred for gay people whatsoever, then the only time it would come up is if it were directly relevant to the situation. In fact a lot of people already do that and still get shit for it.

LGBT is only an identity and culture because the rest of the world lumped them together and exiled them. Outcasts will bond over shared struggles, and now that that community exists people will identify with it.
There's a reason you don't hear people say "Hi I'm xxxx and I'm straight and cisgendered!"
>>
>>6433838

Because I was miserable as a "girl" and would have ended up killing myself sooner or later trying to live as a women, look up gender dysphoria for an idea. Anything and everything about being female makes me want to stab myself and rip my guts out. Most people like this would be FTM, identify as male and just want to live as dudes.

I don't know why, but I don't. Neither male nor female is 100% right and comfortable for me. Ideally, I'd love to be completely androgynous, full hermaphrodite, and other people unable to tell either way. However, I live in the real world where that's not achievable.

So, I settle for living as male mostly, I'm on testosterone and planning on top surgery to get rid of my tits when I can afford it.Getting rid of my feminine traits in return for masculine ones helps a lot, and I'm not 100% happy or comfortable with it, but I can live this way. I'm actually able to be productive, and most people just think I'm a guy and let them refer to me as one, he pronouns and all.

In real life, apart from my girlfriend and closest friends, I don't bug anyone to call me they/them in real life or flip out when people don't magically guess I'm a fucked up special snowflake.
>>
>>6433880
you arent bringing anything new up here

all youve said is "there is two genders"
sure whatever dude, no one here cares anyways, its not like you are actually bringing up any relevant points or evidence
theres no discussion or argument here
>>
>>6433880
>my point is that there is 2 genders Male and female
Which is widely recognized by modern science to be not true sooo I'm not really sure what you're trying to prove here.
>>
>>6433894
damn, there really is a lot of others who feel the same as me

guess im not really a special snowflake after all :^)
>>
>>6433895>>6433897

But there is Also my second point right there, that the FunnyRandomWordsGenders have fucked minds. :D
>>
>>6433909
wee woo wee woo autist bait alert

abandon thread
>>
>>6433897
"Which is widely recognized by modern science to be not true".
Well that "modern scrince" seems kinda faz from Actual Major Science.
>>
>>6433870
>let them grow normally
This. Other than showing her the games/toys I liked when I was a child (just like how my Dad did for me) I want to give her the opportunity to explore whatever she takes an interest in.

>>6433882
>In fact a lot of people already do that and still get shit for it.
Well, that's for sure. It might just be where I live, but a lot of the segregationist, far left people seem to think that if you don't explicitly differentiate between LGBTQ and non LGBTQ then you are some sort of horrible person. Not trying to single out the left or anything it's just that this is the voice I hear most often where I live.
>There's a reason you don't hear people say "Hi I'm xxxx and I'm straight and cisgendered!"
I can't deny that.

>>6433894
You sound a lot like my Dad, only when he was young he didn't know about all this shit. He just thought he was a failure of a girl. I hate to use an old meme, but it gets better. However the way my Dad got better was not by dwelling on his gender or his identity but by accepting it and moving forward with what he wanted to do in life. It's hard but once you learn how to say "this is bait" to the haters and walk on by, you'll find a whole world of people who love and appreciate you for what you DO rather then what some people SEE you as. Sorry to get all dad on you It's just my brain at the moment. New child and all. Feel free to call me a shitstain.

Thank you all for replying. I didn't mean to respond the way I did at first, I guess it's just the nor/mlp/erson in me speaking :^)
>>
>>6433894
Also not trying to me inflammatory, but why did you feel this way? Who made you feel like you had to be a certain way to be female? My biggest problem with all of this third gender stuff is that it seems very contradictory. It seems like you all say "boys can play with Barbies and girls can play football!" And then if you're a girl who doesn't like playing with Barbies you're not a girl? Aren't you, in a way, conforming to the societal standards of femininity when you say you don't identify with those things?
>>
>>6434144
Nah, I was always a tomboy from the beginning and my parents were supportive of it. Things didn't really hit me hard until puberty. If I could be just a super butch lesbian, and be happy, I'd do that. But I just don't identify with being a woman, and any of the physical body stuff was distressing. I didnt talk much in high school, not because I was shy, but because I hated my voice and couldnt stand it.
>>
>>6433827
What about XX males, where the SRY gene (I.e. The gene that leads to typical male development) is attached to an X chromosome, leading to physical development of testes/penis, and people who usually ID as male but are, according to your definition, female (since they have no Y chromosome)?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/XX_male_syndrome

Looking at sex from a purely chromosomal level issilly because there's a lot of things that play into sex.
>>
>>6433568
Not that I buy into any of this otherfruit nonsense, but that's a really bad analogy. In their minds they're green and you're saying THERE ARE TWO COLORS, BLUE AND RED.
>>
>>6434317
I already got those Special SnowFlakes Legendary Syndromes that affect like 0,001-0,004% of the global population, they have that excuse to be so confused with it's gender and stuff, but it still meaningless to create all those "genders variations" on ppl that doesn't even have those Syndrome issues.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.