[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TRANShumanism
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
born too soon to have the synthetic body of choice.
>>
No such thing as a post human, technically you're still a human, sorry fuckers, robot arms don't make you a cyborg.
>>
>>6424285
They literally make you a cyborg
>>
>>6424285
define human
>>
>>6424285
who cares ive got robot arms
im like jax from mortal combat
>>
>>6424285
>No such thing as a post human
Not if you place your brain in a machine and/or reconfigure your brain to output to internet
>>
>>6424285
Stop being so robo-phobic, you shitlord.
>>
>>6424251
I actually saw OP's picture on a shirt design yesterday.
>>
>tfw you are going to be a sexy robot grill and normies won't even know your brain is male
the tables shall be turned
>>
File: Major.jpg (128 KB, 1024x1189) Image search: [Google]
Major.jpg
128 KB, 1024x1189
I hate the body I was born in. Being a tranny isn't enough, when are cyborg ghost in the shell bodies going to be reality?
>>
I don't know about the lot of you but I intend to become a cyberwolf and if someone gives me shit my concealed dick-shaped vulcan gun will spring out and take care of them.
>>
File: image.jpg (19 KB, 390x163) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
19 KB, 390x163
>>6429638
No

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZGzMfg381Y
>>
>>6429705
>Fighting strong AIs
How stupid do you have to be to fight something so vastly superior to you? It's like dogs joining forces to try and take down the human race.
>>
>>6429705
this is like another robo-shoah
>>
>>6429705
>tfw you are a programmer and have some minimal training in electrical engineering so you don't think machines could possibly be conscious
I'm going to be the old bigoted bad guy in 30 years, aren't I?
>>
>>6424251
JDIMSA
>>
>>6429803
Thanks to the failure of moores law.

Their processors will never be advanced enough to support AI.

And anything that could come close will be stuck inside a data centre with thousands of supercomputers that can be turned off at will.

Hardly a terminator
>>
File: image.png (21 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
image.png
21 KB, 900x900
>"I want to turn my cock into a pussy"
>OMG insanity! Mutilation! You need therapy!!!

>"I wanna chop off my healthy limbs and replace them with Deus Ex HR super prosthetics"
>Hell yeah!! singularity when???
>>
>>6430547
only one of those is an upgrade
>>
>>6424285
Are you literaly retarded?

Transhumanism is a transitional stage from human to post-human.

When we start to replace parts of our brain or rewire them to such an extent that our way of thinking becomes alien and incomprehensible to a normal human, that's when you reached the point of post-human

>>6430535

yeah but thats where quantum computing and 3 dimensional circuits come in.

Technological progress will never stop, but its pointless to argue with retards like you.
>>
>>6430562
>implying any penis removal isn't a huge upgrade
>>
mfw technology will make 100 genders tumblrinas and otherkins right
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 320x180
>>6430621
You have autism. My fedora wearing friend.

Enjoy being a literal subhuman who hacks off his arm for a sub par prosthetic
>>
>>6430691
*sigh* that moment when they can literally be an attack helicopter and I suddenly look stupid for telling them it was not legit.

Thb I would happily swap my current body for a fem one as long as the metal to flesh ratio was right haha. Though with the right neural connections maybe full metal would be ok.
>>
File: Apache_Helicopter_Firing_Rockets.jpg (427 KB, 1800x1008) Image search: [Google]
Apache_Helicopter_Firing_Rockets.jpg
427 KB, 1800x1008
>>6431299

>that moment when they can literally be an attack helicopter

Someday...someday.
>>
>>6429673
I've read somewhere that Major from GitS was male before her body got shattered and that he specifically requested a female cyborg body. I don't know is that true - probably not as the author seems to have denied it though it could have been an early intention - but, dammit that's my new head canon.
>>
>>6429850
I'm also a programmer but I've grown up with too much anime to not fully believe in my robot cyborg waifu 100%.
>>
>>6430535
>And anything that could come close will be stuck inside a data centre with thousands of supercomputers that can be turned off at will.
Or you could put it on a cloud. Then the only thing that matters is speed of transfer and compression algorithms. Y'know, things we can actually work on instead of trying to work with hardware the size of an atom.
>>
>>6432279
the Major has always been female. It is is just a joke in the anime. That the major should just get male body so she can have more strength.
>>
>>6424910
>combat
>c
Fully triggered
>>
>>6432398
>>6432279
And because she's kind of a dude.
>>
File: 1439912760242.gif (2 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
1439912760242.gif
2 MB, 550x309
Humanity is heading the other way. In a few generations we'll all just be struggling to survive as a species and you'll have to conform or die. This is the golden age.
>>
>>6435836
Republican detected. Things are getting better and have been getting better over the last few centuries at a steady pace.
>>
She was in ghost in the shell anime , and Motoko Kusanagi , the major , was born female , she not was Shemale or Male Gender . sorry for my bad english ;-)
>>
>>6436971
>Republican detected.
lmao no

>Things are getting better and have been getting better over the last few centuries at a steady pace.
And we are nearing the peak. Soon there will be checks on humanity that come into play and very violently.
The party is almost over and there is nothing to be done at this point. We'll all mostly be dead before we see this fully come to fruition though.
>>
>>6437189
Every single generation said that. The world's always ending. Science has always gone too far and kids these days have always been rotten.
>>
>>6438459
This problem isn't cultural and the issue is that science hasn't gone far enough nor can it keep pace

The positive checks are coming and when they do get ready for de-globalization
>>
>>6438483
I strongly disagree. The single biggest issue humanity faces is global warming. The status quo is as it is due to the corporations and the politicians in their collective pockets. Other than that we are in pretty good shape, survival-wise.

I'm curious. What do you think is going to happen?
>>
>>6438519
>The single biggest issue humanity faces is global warming.
This and resource depletion (soil and water not just fuel) will lead to diminishing returns, which will make our massive population unsustainable leading to positive checks on our population and a sharp decrease in the overall quality of human life.

The only hope is another Green Revolution, which is what initially made Malthus's projections incorrect. I believe an advancement of this size and in time to save us to be unlikely, and even if we do manage to make it past the current point at which we will meet the positive checks, I believe its almost certain we will meet them before we ever get to transhumanism.
>>
>>6438602
I can't pretend to be an expert on the subject of agriculture but I honestly believe that the speed at which we make new discoveries is going to keep increasing at a drastic rate as has been the case over the last century. Computing and machine learning in particular are not magic like some overly optimistic people seem to think but the rapid advancement in these fields acts as a multiplier for just about all others.

I think that if Man falls it will not be due to the failure of scientists to produce solutions but due to the failure of politicians to heed their advice.
>>
File: basically singularity.jpg (42 KB, 338x475) Image search: [Google]
basically singularity.jpg
42 KB, 338x475
>>
>>6424251
www.reddit.com/r/trans_humanism
>>
why would sexuality & gender even matter in a post human future though? Wouldn't we transcend beyond such crude and meaningless categories, if we could?
Like, why wouldn't we decide to allocate our pleasure responses to more worthwhile things than sticking a penis in a vagina and going up and down several times... you know what i mean
And what meaning does gender even have if not in relation to sex or soon to be outdated gender roles? Why even call it gender at that point, instead of just idk free self expression or whatever

Idk, personally i think this sex/gender shit is all temporary. Which is weird for me to even say, given that i'm transgender myself but, yeah
>>
I'm sad that I probably won't live long enough to see a future where your gender merely means your preferred shell.

I just want to fly. That or be a spider-tank. I hate my meat.
>>
>>6429705
00:58 is always the most heartbreaking shit. I get all teary eyed if I'm even the slightest bit emotional.
>>
>>6424251
Just sit and wait, anon.

>>6429675
Depends on funding and R&D roadblocks. Our current society, sadly, is quite aversive when it comes to hard-tech that is not software.

>>6430547
I just want to live a long long life in a durable body while not having to deal with deadly diseases (is there even such a thing as a completely healthy human nowadays?)

It is weird that our society almost doesn't care about life extension while caring so much about lesser things. Raging pop-transhumanists don't help the cause either..

Also this sci-fish depiction of weaponized enhanced humans is quite childish, in the real world it is going to be optimizing for durability, reliability, freedom of movement and appearance.

>>6435836
>>6437189
This is another possible outcome, see reddit.com/r/collapse

>>6440165
>I can't pretend to be an expert on the subject of agriculture but I honestly believe that the speed at which we make new discoveries is going to keep increasing at a drastic rate as has been the case over the last century.
We are already stagnating in everything but software. Even moore's law has died. Future doesn't come for free anymore.
>>
>>6442419
>We are already stagnating in everything but software. Even moore's law has died. Future doesn't come for free anymore.
Hardware's not advancing as quickly but efficiency is still being steadily squeezed out via ever more brilliant innovations. The software we are developing is in many ways astounding. Over the last 5 years almost every major InfoSec corporation in the world moved to gathering and using big data. AI is finally used in commercial capacity on a massive scale and so gets funded properly.
>>
>>6442465
> AI is finally used in commercial capacity on a massive scale and so gets funded properly.

That's the only hope desu, rest of tech is stagnating. See Peter Thiel interviews, he says it better than me.

>but efficiency is still being steadily squeezed out via ever more brilliant innovations
>steadily
2 year process cadence has stopped ~10 years ago. It's post-moore now.

I believe in technological progress but it is underfunded.
>>
>>6430621
Eew gross, why would you want that? I hope they bring in laws to ban it to stop weirdos harming themselves by fucking up their brains with robot circuitry
>>
>>6429705
>the robots eventually kill all of humanity and trap whoever is left in the matrix until keanue reeves has to save everyone
>liberals helped the robots

Reminds me of liberal faggots who support islam
>>
The future is head to combination of cyber punk and dying earth genres.
Corporations and lobbyist control the government through the oligarchy.
Hackers like anonymous, guccifer, weev, lizard squad, snowden, wikileaks do battle with governments and corporations.
Those digital billboards from blade runner exist.
A rising china to spread east asian culture.

The only thing missing are biker gangs, mega cities, and sexbots.

As for the dying earth, global warming is going to kill us all eventually, making the land into a desert.
>>
>>6432329
A 'cloud' is literally a data centre you fagget, or did you think your dropbox files floated in some wifi aether?
>>
>>6432279

I read the same damn thing. Don't know if it was on Wikipedia or a fan site.
>>
>>6432312

I bet you're a tranny too.

>>6441652

Did you play Watch_Dogs?
>>
>>6424285
respect my robo-nouns, you low-res scuzzball
I should assimilate your ass for that
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.