[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm very unsure of what to do with myself right now... I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
I'm very unsure of what to do with myself right now... I'm kinda a wreck. I'm trans(MTF), yet fear transitioning... I'm fairly masculine looking, and I'm also a singer/actor... If I transition I'll have to give those things up, and both are things I LOVE. additionally I feel that I may regret it if I do transition. What should I do?
>>
>I'm fairly masculine looking
stop right there. that's all you need to say.
You're not actually trans so don't worry, go on with your life.
>>
>>6414670
? What?
>>
>>6414696
you're a man
>>
>>6414670
But I am trans. Seriously, what does me saying that have to do with anything?
>>
Transition is about being able to fit into life in a way you can tolerate and cope with. If you're really masculine you might never fit in as a woman and your life will be worse.

How old are you/ what gender do you date?
>>
>>6414744
18, and either.
>>
>>6414750
Please think this over and consider not doing it. If you get to be older than 20 just drop it. Pick a path and commit to it.

There are a shitload of sacrifices you make even when this goes well, be ready to give up a lot and face serious risks and sadness, but don't be so scared you don't do it.

Hope for your sake puberty didn't hit hard, removing masculinity is hard.
>>
>>6414774
Well... I'm nearly 6 foot... Deep voice, fairly broad features, BUT from a pic I posted on the honest rate thing, it seems like from certain angles I can pass.. BUT that doesn't solve my Acting/singing problem... I honestly HATE being a man... but I WOULD HATE losing everything I've worked for... And giving up good amounts of my family, and yet it ALMOST feels worth it... I HATE being a man, I feel a burning almost jealousy of women and other trans people who just are already there... UGH
>>
>>6414790
You may be able to song in a female voice with ueson voice surgery but you'll never match a true cis singer.

Anybody can act and if you pass female roles will be open to you.
>>
>>6414803
Yea... Especially considering I sing as it is in a Barritone range...
>>
You'll be giving up those things and many more. All so you can be (actually roleplay) a cute young woman for maybe 10 years. Then you'll be a not-so-cute adult woman (women hit a wall at 30), except unlike actual women you'll be infertile, have a history of being born a man (not great marriage material), and medically dependent for life on exogenous hormones that are delivered through the end of a needle. And that's in the best case, worst case you'll be a total social outcast and recluse, blow all your money on endless surgeries, and end up with a colostomy bag due to having developed a fistula from SRS, oh and cancer from the hrt.
It's a garbage life my dude, you suicide your future just so you can wear skirts in a public. Not worth it. Put it out of your head and go live a real life.
>>
>>6414654
Don't let people in this thread try to give you simplistic agenda-driven answers. In the end it is about what makes you happy. For some dysphoria is mild enough that they're relatively content with not transitioning. For others it is so intense that the only way they can live with themselves is to transition. Think this through. Do the research. Don't let anyone push you down a road.
>>
>>6414654
You should wonder how so many trans-hostile people are always at the ready. Concerning your situation:

You can keep acting if you transition.
You can keep singing if you transition, and will likely possess a unique and broad range if you don't abandon your lower range entirely.
You can keep family and friends if you transition, even if losing at least some for a time is unfortunately likely, still. Keep extending the invitation to rejoin your life periodically, and they'll tend to come back once they get over their issues.

Transition doesn't have to end your life in order to get to living it as a woman. But it will be much, much harder if you can't accept still being a trans woman at the end, and try to distance yourself from what that means, from all the people that know you, and from those things you cannot change.

Think about what this means on your own. Look into how/whether you'd preserve your fertility. Look into the protections and assistance that are available to you. Spend the time working out what about transition, if anything, you truly want to pursue for yourself and what, if anything, you want to pursue for respectability. Don't treat transition as a black box, but as a number of independent but connected things that you might do to improve how you feel about your body, your social situation, and your life.

Once you've got a fairly good idea what you're after, start talking to a therapist/psychologist/social worker (with experience handling gender issues) and go/don't go from there.

I'm not going to bother writing about how you look, more than to say that I have only twice met trans women who didn't think they were doomed before starting some form of transition. The number who were not doomed was far greater than two.
>>
>>6415136
>You can keep family and friends if you transition, even if losing at least some for a time is unfortunately likely, still. Keep extending the invitation to rejoin your life periodically, and they'll tend to come back once they get over their issues.
You know what asshole? Fuck you. You don't know that and you shouldn't spread such blatant misinformation. Just because you got lucky and your family got over it doesn't mean every other family will.
>>
>>6415140
No, not every other family will. And it sucks, but from what I've seen, when there's a way to reconnect available, many do.

I'm sorry things went so poorly for you, and I didn't intend to dismiss your experience as an impossibility.
>>
Continue for being trans, circus life would be suitable for you, since animal are illegal nowadays.

Otherwise, just go on with your beautiful life, and at the same time, become a stunt for women in movies. That would be killing two birds with a stone. Good luck~
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.