[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm not a super flaming fag, but I'm a bi guy that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: 1465509173324.jpg (213 KB, 663x904) Image search: [Google]
1465509173324.jpg
213 KB, 663x904
I'm not a super flaming fag, but I'm a bi guy that cares about hygiene and appearance.

My supervisor has recently referred to me as "junior" and has grouped up me and a female employees with the phrase "let's go, ladies."

I am more educated than him and I have never really dealt with a stupid hick boss that made his way to a supervisor position based on seniority rather than skill.

Should I call HR? I haven't really been harassed before so I don't want to blow it out of proportion. I know this guy a little bit, though. He isn't mincing words and his comments are directed. I get treated differently than my coworkers, but I am necessary for his "team" so he can't just drop me. It is starting to piss me off.

How have you dealt with non-homoliking bosses? This guy is super christian FYI (he has jesus tattooed all over his arms. in most of them he is spearing generic demons.
>>
>>6376650
You`re just being paranoid. You do realize that feminine guys get called ladies as a joke?

You are not even sure if he knows about your sexuality
>>
>>6376671
I'm not fem.

I'm a built guy that works hard but my supervisor knows that i date guys because of a chatty gossip coworker
>>
>>6376703
I am a built guy myself but people used to hicks used to call me a lady based on my shy personality.
>>
>>6376650
Take your boss out and show him what kind of lady you really are.
>>
>>6376734
*vomits internally*
>>
>>6376650
Do the following, anon:

>Imagine your boss has strong homoerotic feelings himself, but is fighting them, because he was raised in an ultra christian environment.
>The tattoo-jesus on his arms is fighting demons - a symbol for himself fighting his homoerotic affections.

Keep this in mind and you will feel compassion with your boss making it easier for you to deal with him.
>>
>>6376650
You've gotta be a counter striker. "Calm down, you're very cool and funny".
>>
>>6376650
he's teasing you but it's nothing serious. if he gets worse talk to him in private that you don't like it and if he ignores you call hr.
>>
>>6376650
If it really bothers you, talk to him in private. I doubt he will be looking for a problem.
>>
>>6376650
I wouldn't worry too much. Usually straight people assume gays prefer befriending women so he's probably actually just trying to be nice to you in that regard and put you in a more comfortable environment. I'm sure the 'ladies' thing is just a joke, a lot of gays use it jokingly so he most likely sees nothing wrong with it. Though it really depends on how antagonizing he seems I guess
>>
OP your opening post makes it sound like you are being a bit too sensitive about this lol. I dont know if he is doing this in a joking kind of way or just trying to make you feel bad...

I don't know where you work or what kind of people you work with but i think it is normal male culture in many places to bust each others balls a little bit.

If you are actually confident in yourself, it will show that this kind of talk does not bother you. You will maybe get some respect.

First you should talk this through with him, before going to talk to some HR people lol, that makes you seem like a pussy and you will never get any respect
>>
OP, are you cute?

You can work for me (in a cute butler outfit)
>>
>>6376650
I'm in a similar position, but my bigoted boss doesn't actually know I'm trans.

On a lot of days he is in the break room when I usually am, and he talks to me a lot, sometimes I think he's trying to flirt with me but I try to stay more or less uninterested in him. He mainly just complains about customers, calling them faggots or niggers or really any slur he can use against them.

I'm a mtf and present female, but not really stealth. Only the person who hired me here at work knows I'm trans, and I told her to keep it low key mainly because I don't want to start any shit at work. This manager is really getting on my nerves though. Idk if I should say something or just let it go. I only have to deal with him at like 5 to 10 minutes at a time anyways, so should I just suck it up?
>>
when people treat you bad realize that it is not about you, it is just a weakness/flaw on their side.

When you act compassionately towards people who treat you badly, first of all, there is a huge chance that they will start treating you nicer because when you react with friendliness, they will start to feel like an asshole ("Why am i being a dick to such a nice guy").

Yeah next time just look him in the eye and smile. And yeah dont do that fake smile either, it will only make it worse, find a way to genuinely smile with empathy and you will win all of these kind of situations
>>
>>6379234
>I don't know where you work or what kind of people you work with but i think it is normal male culture in many places to bust each others balls a little bit.

It is ball busting. And i have no problem with that. I dish it hard to my coworkers, just not management and supervisors. He singles me out and it pisses me off. He could refer to me as "that fag" and I would brush it off, but he is an asshole intrinsically and thinks/makes it clear that he is """smarter""" than everyone else and also tries to act super masculine constantly.

Drives me nuts and the HR is not in my state. I work for a giant pharmaceutical corporation so there is nobody on-site. I really don't want to get walked off-site by security for no good reason.
>>
>>6379246
I'm very cute, but i'm a trained professional.

Where are you? We could do a breaking bad type setup, except i won't make illegal compounds for you.
>>
I've been a manager before and my department has 12 women reporting to me. Plenty of times I'd say "Let's go guys" and no one said anything about it. I think you're just being sensitive.

But you can have fun, too. Next time he says it, just say "OK mom" and see how he reacts. I bet you get a chuckle out of him.
>>
Taking things to seriously isn't good. Joke once in awhile. Being to serious isn't good for your health nor to your rep. Someday, someone at your work might call you a mary sue for that.
>>
>>6376650
Don't go to HR right off the bat, you gigantic asshole; just privately tell him you don't like being called a lady, then if he gets shitty or won't stop, THEN you file a complaint.

I don't see why you're mad tho; "ladies" is something hick/hardass guys call other guys really commonly, especially to employees. I wouldn't let it bother you.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.