[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm confused.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: download (13).jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
7 KB, 225x225
Scenario : a couple Bob and Tina. Tina breaks up with Bob because she comes out as a lesbian. Bob then comes out as trans. Is is transphobic for Tina to still not want to be with Bob just because they identify as a female? I mean Tina is sexually attracted to females and Bob is a female in a male body. Is it not OK anymore to be attracted to someone's body, or not attracted?
>>
File: bertha2.jpg (8 KB, 396x300) Image search: [Google]
bertha2.jpg
8 KB, 396x300
Bertha is processing your request
please stand by
>>
>>6366378
Are you attracted to every single cis woman you see? I hope not.

There are ugly transpeople and pretty transpeople. Sounds like Bob just came out, and still looks like a man. Why would Tina want to be with a woman that looks like a man?
>>
Who gives a shit.

>Is xyz problematic xdxd

Go back to tumblr .
>>
>>6366400
This is what I'm asking. I've had multiple trans people say this is transphobic. Although in my experience most things turn out to be transphobic to them. It's like being offended by straight people... How will that help get to equality?
>>
>>6366421
It sounds like its just transphobic to disagree with them or not give them whatever they want.
>>
>>6366421
I'm trans, and I don't think it's "transphobic" in the slightest.

No one wants to be with someone who puts no effort into looking female, hasn't transitioned yet, or can never pass. Why? not for any other reason than they're ugly. Just like tons of cis people are ugly.
>>
>>6366433
That's pretty much the case.
>>
>>6366421
Your gut feeling is right, that is not transphobic at all, I see that as a totally understandable reaction, and I am a trans girl.

I am happy we are moving as a society towards greater acceptance, but sometimes people have unrealistic and impractical expectations of others and to me I see that as being somewhat unempathetic of others.
>>
>>6366443
I'm a costume male and am with a trans person who says they "transcend gender" they are a female biologically but I don't care about how they identify I love them and am happy with their body. We were just talking about this situation and I felt bad ( they make me feel bad a lot) because I thought that Tina has the right to not be attracted to the male form. I would still love my significant other if they did change which they don't plan on. I don't know I was just distraught about the whole situation so I came to my trusty Chan. I've never been on this board let alone posted on it. I feel like less of a cissy asshole now. Thank you.
>>
>>6366470
Cis. Hahaha auto-correct
>>
>>6366454
Better question: am I still straight even though I'm with a trans person who pretty much identifies as no gender or "Well it's complicated " their words. I am only attracted to the female form. Im confused and just trying to be happy. I am happy I'm trying to be less confused.
>>
>>6366378
Well, I was in a relationship with a terf a few years back. Which wasn't a problem for her because I was presenting male at the time and she considered being trans wasn't a real thing. However, came one day she decided she was het, not really asexual as she claimed. The end result was her dumping me because, in her words, I made her feel like a lesbian (dick staid unseen and untouched when we had sex.)
Was that transphobic, homophobic, misogynistic or all three?
>>
>>6366660
that was you dating a retard
>>
>>6366672
Wouldn't call someone who aced civil service exams she didn't study much for and is now a diplomat a retard. She had hateful and skewed views, but she was definitely gifted, not retarded.
>>
>>6366496
Well see that's the meat of it, you're sexually is what you're attracted to, either your straight, gay, or somewhere in between but it's all in your perspective of how you see others. Ultimately, does Tina see Bob as a female, or a male? Just how much does Bob's form shape Tina's opinion on Bob's gender? Then also Tina's gotta ask herself, is she truly attracted to Bob or not? Even if Bob were a biological girl, not all lesbians are attracted to each other just as not all straight people are attracted to one another. Especially so with how complicated trans issues are, especially considering that being trans is actually a whole separate issue from sexuality.

If I were Tina, I would think carefully about what she ultimately wants from the future. Even though you could love someone, not being attracted to them or becoming less attracted to them is kind of a big deal. Society likes to think it's shallow, but it's not, sometimes that's why people divorce so often because we force ourselves to do something we think is right when really there is nothing wrong in the alternative. Just because Bob is transgendered does not mean Tina is obligated to stay with Bob, as honestly neither gender or sexuality have anything really to do with that decision, happiness does. Is Tina happy, or not?
>>
>>6366700
I would call them a retard.
>>
>>6366378
Ending a relationship is a prerogative that doesn't actually require a solid rationale

>>6366660
>dating a terf
>presenting as male
>hiding dick
>asexual terf
>still had sex

>transphobic, homophobic, misogynistic or all three?

It doesn't make any fucking sense
>>
>>6366737
Yeah, that relationship didn't mean any sense. Strange bedfellows thing that went to 11. However, looking at it, it's still a friend of Cathy Brennan who convinced me resuming my transition was the right thing for me... I've had a crazy, absurd life, even compared to most trans women's.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.