[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Denmark declassify being transgender as mental disorder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2
So this happened. What does /light/ think?
Source: http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/jun/01/denmark-to-declassify-being-transgender-as-mental-disorder
>>
*/lgbt/.

Dann auto correct on my phone
>>
Perhaps taxpayers' money will finally go somewhere where it's actually needed.
>>
So what is it classified as now though? The article wasn't clear
>>
So are they doing what Norway is doing, that you only need to send in a form to legally change gender?
>>
Great!
Now they just need to put an asterisk next to that so they can note that the vast majority of trans people are mentally ill.

Cause it's fucking true.
>>
>>6313947
Nothing. Denmark has a list of offical mental illnesses and being transgender is being removed from the list.
>>
>>6313959
They removed the requirement for sterilization a few years ago. So you only need to do some paper work. But the minimum age is 18, and you must wait 6 months and then you get new papers to fill to prevent hasty decisions and regret.
>>
But isn't it a type of mental disorder? What's the point of doing this
>>
being a Dane is a mental disorder tho

Lindisfarne, never forget. Dragon ships can't melt reliquaries
>>
How is dysphoria not a type of mental condition?
>>
>>6314787
transgender =/ transsexual
>>
>>6314831
I don't get it
>>
>>6314959
it's not a sexuality
>>
>>6314431
to get SJWs to shut the fuck up for a few seconds before they're on to the next crusade
>>
>>6314431
it got officialy removed from Denmark as a disorder. It's gonna happen worldwide eventualy because the same thing happened to homosexuality.
>>
>>6313970
It's still in the ICD-10
>>
>>6314441
Underrated post.
>>
>>6315029
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEE
I WANT A FUCKING CURE NOT THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT
>>
File: 1453945732997.jpg (46 KB, 340x565) Image search: [Google]
1453945732997.jpg
46 KB, 340x565
>>6313661

>trans and proud

Why the fuck would anyone be *proud* of having this shitty condition. Fucking hons...
>>
>>6313661
>What does /lgbt/ think?
Sad and offensive, people are going to be embarrassed as fuck in a generation
>>
>>6313661
Don't the Danes make it nearly impossible for the young to get hrt?

So really, they're just banning body autonomy and channeling everyone into becoming creepy hon apes who'll creep on women in the restrooms.

Stupid eurotrash
>>
>>6315637

The fuck? The reason American kids started getting puberty blockers at 12 and E or T at 16 9 years ago was because of the Dutch, who started it.
>>
If it isn't a mental illness. Then how will the danish trannies get diagnosed? So they can have the government pay for their therapy, hormones, and genital mutilation.
>>
>>6313892
>muh tax dollars
Why is it you most often hear this from trailer trash on welfare?
>>
>>6313961
>NO! they need to base all medical policies on muh feels!
>>
>>6317443

They'll call just call the gender dysphoria a mental disorder and treat that.
>>
>>6317443

It has to be classified as some sort of medical condition...it doesn't have to ecessarily be mental.
>>
>>6314431
Gender dysphoria is, transgender identies aren't.
After transition removes dysphoria they're no longer considered ill at all.

However, that subtle difference is lost on armchair psychologists and religious/political extremists who want to legislate their feels to control other people and think all mentall illness means "bad dumb delusional illegitimate crazy people who need to be locked up!"
So I can understand why some believe the classification does more harm than good and causes confusion instead of informing on the current medical understanding. The only argument for keeping it classified as a disorder has been for insurance purposes.
>>
>>6315219
If by "cure" you mean some magic pill to make people not-trannies anymore then it seems to not be possible with current technology.
Additionally, the degree of neurological manipulation that it would require would raise ethical and philosophical issues since it could likely also be used to change other fundamental aspects of peoples' personalities. We'll probably have almost perfect physical transition first.
>>
>>6315351
Oh no!
Anon got their feels offended!
>>
>>6317470
It's not about the mental part, it's about the illness part. Just as homosexuality is a mental condition, but not an illness.
>>
>>6317514
exactly, that's why this is harmful, because they'll suppress research.
>>
>>6317443
>medicine that upsets muh feels is mutilation!
>>
>>6317940
wut
>>
>>6313661
It is a mental disorder. Sick of trans people shitting on others with mental disorders like theirs is better or something. If someone thinks they are an otherkin or feels their arm should be chopped off because it doesn't belong on their body, it's the same damn thing as being trans. Get over it.

Sincerely, someone with GID.
>>
>>6317940
This. I want them to find exactly where in my brain I have this body image problem and develop a pill so that I could feel comfortable, not the other way around and have to go through years of hormones and operations. Fuck that stuff. /lbgt "rights" groups have suppressed research that could have helped me.
>>
>>6317410
Those seem to be exceptions to the rule. The net is full of teens complaining that they basically have a de facto moratorium on anyone under 25 getting meds. That's why their country is so full of hons.

Wouldn't be a surprise European medicine is a nightmare between Incompetent doctors far less educated than in the states and zero patient autonomy.
>>
>>6318090
>>6318070
it's nice to see people who feel the same way. i think we lost this battle though. fuck this shit
>>
>>6318070
>If someone thinks they are an otherkin or feels their arm should be chopped off because it doesn't belong on their body, it's the same damn thing as being trans.
The actual doctors and scientists and research disagree but I'm sure you can disregard that because your feels are the REAL facts :^)
>>
>>6318090
>>6318187
lol
It's not some big bad librul feminist conspiracy beating up scientists and burning research to bury the truth, there's simply no clear avenue for even beginning to research a "cure" besides just general research in neurology.

Eventually, we will likely have the ability to freely manipulate non-plastic structures with complete understanding of what we're doing but it's so far off that it's in the realm of sci-fi and we wont get there by focusing just on trannies, actually we'd probably find a "cure" for gay people first since their neurological differences are less extensive.
>>
>>6318229
obviously there's no cure tomorrow, but there will never be one as long as it's considered "offensive" by those who hate people with mental disorders
>>
>>6313661
Really stupid since it is
>>
>>6318289
You really don't seem to get what I'm saying, the "cure" won't come from sjws shutting up and letting us experiment on trannies however we want, it will be the side result of being able to manipulate non-plastic structures from general neurological research.

The whole "cure being suppressed because it's offensive" is just a strawman.
>>
>>6318490
and if/when we reach that point, sjws not shutting up will prevent that knowledge being used to cure me, because "it doesn't need to be cured."
>>
>>6317450
Because you know exactly where they want the tax payer's money to go.
>>
>>6318199
They disagree because the amount of butthurt would be incredible

>because your feels are the REAL facts
This is the ultimate irony. Trans people have been acting on feels for decades and now use that hypocritical bullshit as insults when people now are using logic.
>>
>>6318821
most of the reasons people "discredit" unpopular opinions are because they are "harmful," not wrong. they're usually "harmful" because of people misinterpreting them and hating people like fetishists and the mentally ill. there's a lot of misdirected anger
>>
>>6313947
Can't tell you, it's classified.
>>
>>6318821
>neruological evidence that upsets MUH FEELS doesn't count!
>>
>>6313970
But why ? What caused it to be removed ?
>>
>>6319626
There is also neurological evidence behind most body image disorders but you don't care about that do you? No, yours is more special than the others.
>>
>>6319671
feels
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.