[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have trouble saying, "I'm gay." Am I ashamed?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: ashamed.jpg (97 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
ashamed.jpg
97 KB, 600x397
I have trouble saying, "I'm gay."

Am I ashamed?
>>
>>6270676
you should be, of yourself
>>
>>6270676
>self identifying as a gay
literally garbage
>>
>>6270676
I have the same problem anon but the more people I comeout to its getting easier to say out loud. Just look your self in the mirror everyday and say "I'm anon and I'm gay, and that's alright." Best of luck.
>>
>>6270676
Literally nothing wrong with repression
>>
>>6270676
I have that too, although t's more because of paranoia than shame of being gay.
>>
>>6270676

I have trouble saying I'm not gay.
>>
Pretty normal. All your life it's been reinforced in subtle and not-so subtle ways that it's a bad, abnormal thing. It takes getting used to, going against the norm when you'd rather keep to yourself and keep your head down.

>>6270820
Cheesy but good advice.
>>
>>6270676
probably. but the word gay is also pretty fucking lame. take the word dyke for instance, its a pretty cute word all considered. a babbling brook is pretty peaceful and nice to look at. instead its associated with grunge metal lesbians for some reason. i wouldnt be able to say I'm a dyke even if it is phonetically pleasing. maybe you just need a better word you feel comfortable saying without extra baggage?
>>
Well, you are on 4chan, you must be ashamed of something.

And since your on 4chan, start with "i'm a faggot" and work your way up to gay.
>>
>>6270676
>"I'm a man I'm a man I'm a man I'm a man. Accept it"
Every morning.
>>
>>6270676
I have trouble saying "I'm straight." It's not shame, it's knowing that by categorizing yourself, you're allowing others to just put you in a box and dismiss the complexity of your sexuality. I know it's not the same thing, and I fully accept my straight privilege here, but it *is* the same problem in that you don't want to be associated with people who share that label and held to bear the burden of the cultural baggage that goes with it. I'm with you, OP. We should transcend these shitty labels. Don't identify as anything. You don't have to, and nobody can make you.
>>
Well i'm not gay, and i don't have problems saying "i'm gay"
so you probably are
>>
File: spidermancancer.jpg (33 KB, 500x320) Image search: [Google]
spidermancancer.jpg
33 KB, 500x320
>>6272146
Anon... don't you see what your post is doing to spiderman???

For the love of all that's good and holy, please post responsibly.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.