[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is premarin really as shitty as people make it out to be? I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Is premarin really as shitty as people make it out to be? I was prescribed .625 mg, along with spiro and lupron shots, but apart from third world trannies, everybody says my endo is trying to kill me.
>>
>>6266242
It's hard on the liver, harder than just about anything besides oral T. It's not going to kill you, but there's some evidence that it increases the risk of blood clots in older women.

Which you likely aren't, the main risks of DVT are really older transitioners.
>>
>>6266329
Is it true that it's not as affective as other types of estrogen? I have to be on it for like 2 months more until I can change endo .
>>
>>6266414
* effective
>>
>>6266242
Yes.
That was what the mtfs got in the 40-70's or maybe even to the 90's.

At least in the like 60's, it was pretty common to die in your 30's or right before turning 30, of cancer. It's increases the risks of cancer an insane amount, I wouldn't be surprised if even half the patients ended up with tumors and cancer.

>>6266414
It's not bioidentical (probably why the cancer), so I imagine it's less effective too.
>>
>>6266470

I think it's really that premarin is loaded up with all sorts of other shit in addition to estradiol.
>>
>>6266693
Given that it's literally horse piss, it's gonna have whatever nasty medical byproducts the horse's kidneys and liver didn't get.
>>
PREgnant MARe urINe.
>>
>>6266242

I'm surprised your doctor is giving you lupron shots, the top tier, but then they give you premarin of all things.
>>
>>6266994
It's part of why I'm asking around, because it seems weird to just prescribe it like that, there aren't any endos with trans experience in my city so I can't even get a second opinion.
>>
>>6266994
Because premarin is still used for some stuff. It's used for some estrogen gels used by cis women too.

>>6266470
I wouldn't say it's significantly less effective from personal experience. The differences in effect are minimal at best.
>>
>>6266329
>>6266470

I've occasionally seen TERFs show concern for the dangers of HRT. They'll always bring up the health risks meme, but never go into details.
>>
>>6269751
From TERFs it's mostly a meme, when they talk about "dangers of HRT" they mean the danger that people would think gender variance isn't so bad.

Their list of dangers includes shit like "Lupron causing irreversible sterility" and one in a million side effects. FWIW, Premarin isn't anywhere near as dangerous if you're not fat and sedentary.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.