[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to change your sexual orientation, /lgbt/? Have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 500x400
Is it possible to change your sexual orientation, /lgbt/? Have you ever tried? Do you think you've successfully done it before?
>>
File: 1462821867911.jpg (331 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
1462821867911.jpg
331 KB, 1200x800
>>6263465
Listen madoka. its always easier than you'd expect to get a boyfriend and just lay back and accept it but it's never going to get any easier to kiss them and cuddle with them. you're always going to feel gross when they try to get intimate. theres no way to change your sexual orientation to escape that. Don't let those crazy baptists get to you.
>>
Ignoring your sexual orientation is possible. Changing it is not.
>>
Some trans people report a shift in sexuality after taking hormones so maybe
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3556x2312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3556x2312
>>6269903
B-but... but it just makes me feel so weird sometimes! I'm always listening to Sayaka and Mami talk about the boys they have crushes on and what they want to do with them, and I just don't feel that way at all. And the way I start to feel all funny around Homura sometimes... I don't think the other girls would understand.

I'm just not sure if I can accept it all...
>>
>>6270031
You can use your madonkadonk with guys if you want. but there's no reason you need to change. You are pretty so your body will do just fine in making men happy, if you care about social happiness than intimate happiness.
>>
>>6263465
Of course it is. "Sexual orientation" is based on the false premise that one's sexuality is a stable and consistent construct throughout their life. It's not. You may want to have sexual relations with people who have penises sometimes, and then decide you'd rather love on some vulva. You might like both, you might like some on Mondays and some on Wednesdays, and really have a thing for enlarged-clitoris-with-small-labia on alternating Fridays. Human beings are so complicated that any attempt to draw broad categorizations is inherently dishonest to some degree. We just believe otherwise and ignore our impulses toward one or the other because we're afraid to admit how complicated things are.
>>
>>6269946
Exactly, you're gay because you're lacking T. You should start lifting.
>>
>>6272415
factually wrong. though for bisexuals level of hormons can affect how attracted you are to men and women through out time, it doesn't change the base sexuality, which is why gay camps do not work. just because something isn't static doesn't make it inconsistent.

there are of course complications to being a human being and the granularity of life. that is not in despute. Madoka is for example, struggling with the fact that she doen't want to make being a lesbian part of her identity even if she is one. Her hang ups are likely better solved by accepting herself but a strict identity can ignore or over trivialize things like how important her parents and friends's acceptance of her is.
>>
>>6272518
>she doen't want to make being a lesbian part of her identity even if she is one
So, what makes her "one?" I am ignorant of the particular narrative, but if she is attracted to women, then maybe her "hang up" is actually society's insistence on calling that particular attraction "being a lesbian," when it may just mean only that. It's hard to get at what I mean here, but I don't know what "being a lesbian" means other than having a vagina/vulva/clitoris and wanting to sexually engage with another person who also has those things. Maybe the idea that we have to "accept" this as part of some "identity" is actually the underlying problem, and Madoka is right in rejecting the idea that it should "mean" anything about her... again, sorry for my ignorance of the specifics of this situation.
>>
>>6272697
are you daft? thats the whole point of what I said. is that she can choose to value other things that matter to her rather than submit to her biological impulses, not that following those impulses is wrong or bad, but they can be perceived that way or make her distant from her friends and family, so rather than insist that she tell her family to fuck off I am telling her that it's okay to be gay and it's okay to repress that.
>>
I used to be a lesbian

like:
>>6271871

very eerily similar to how I felt while I identified as a lesbian. Later I decided to transition and took T. Became full hard gay ftm after that.
>>
>>6272697
People were just role playing as characters from an anime who aren't even lesbians.
>>
File: 1460929144985.jpg (53 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1460929144985.jpg
53 KB, 480x270
>>6272812
>>>/a/
>>
>>6272763
Umm, yes. Daft, I guess. Just trying to break out of the binary, which leads to difficulties in communication. Sorry if it aggravates you.
>>
>>6272812
Yeah, I got that impression, but then again basically everybody is role playing as themselves all the time, so I thought it was still relevant.
>>
>>6272868
see >>6272839
>>
>>6272882
You're... really into categories. I can respect that, but you might want to recognize how deeply art and fictional narrative serve as underpinnings of how we construct our actual human experiences. Neil DeGrasse Tyson recognizes that's how it do, why don't you be?
>>
>>6272941
I told you to go back to /a/ actually because you are the fags that are into categories, normally categories like "best girl is X, your waifu a shit," and most especially
>>my waifu being lesbian
>>not fawning over my dick forever
>back to /u/ with you yuri faggot.

which is exactly why shit like
>characters from an anime who aren't even lesbians.
is not how the universe be like it is, and yes, neil degrasse tyson would agree with me.
>>
>>6273019
FYI: I've actually never been on /a/. I don't know who "you" (as in "you are the fags that are into categories") is, and you may not actually realize how myopic you're being right now, so you'll probably just reeee at this, too, but... damn, dude. You're projecting a *lot* here.
>>
>>6273059
dog, this may be news to you, but I'm not projecting at all. the fact that you do not understand what you are doing means fucking nothing. if you pick up a sign that you don't understand, and rally against homosexuals having nice things, you don't get to go "oh, I'm not a homophobe because I didn't know what that sign said."

It was your responsibility to know what was going on as soon as you agreed with the anon spouting /a/ tier bullshit, but you didn't, you aquiested and said that was your impression too. If you weren't sure, you should have asked, but odds are, you were sure, because you wouldn't have agreed otherwise. Regardless, I'm not projecting.
>>
>>6263465
Posible if you get a psycological trauma
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.