[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Coming out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 2016-05-24 10.05.49.png (154 KB, 379x200) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-24 10.05.49.png
154 KB, 379x200
Did any of your friends or family members "know" before you told them? Or at least have some sort of clue?
>>
>>6256594
one close friend had some ideas. Only because I'd known him for years and never talked about girls while everyone else did.
>>
>>6256594
If you think they know, they KNOW
>>
>>6256623
This is a safe assumption
>>
>>6256594
Aside from one, responses ranged from "it's about time", to "oh, that makes so much sense".
>>
All of them knew something was "off", so when i came out everyone's reaction was more or less "oh so THAT'S why".

Which just goes to show how shit i am at being in the closet.
>>
>>6256623
>tfw I thought this
>tfw I came out and lost all my friends
>tfw my dad has no clue and wants me to get married and have kids, all the while asking me about girls

My friend found out through MySpace in highschool, we weren't friends after that until we happened to move into the same house a couple years ago. But I can't really bring guys around in that environment
>>
I told my sister and she just went, "yeah, i already kinda knew that."

My mom knows, but she doesn't want it to be happening. "Why don't you wear makeup anymore? You cut your hair and wear these clothes, are you trying to look like a boy?" When I wasn't even out, just questioning. I didn't even look like a tryhard ftm, just a tumblr lesbian.
>>
>>6256594
Well, my sisters weren't even slightly surprised. I'd basically been mothering them for years kinda. Gogo neglectful parents! My parents had no idea, but on that same token they never had any idea of anything going on at home at any point.

My friends were perhaps a bit more surprised but it wasn't like they didn't get it immediately because it made tons of sense. I never really acted like a guy so there you go.
>>
>>6256594

My girlfriend suspected when I wanted to suck the dicks more than her in the 3somes, but she still feigned surprise.
>>
>>6256594
>tell my dad im trans
>he just thought i was a depressed gay guy
okay

>tell my mom im trans
>she just thought i was on drugs
>ive never done drugs, drank, or smoked in my life
OKAY
>>
>>6257111

One of the smother comings-out that I've read. Consider yourself lucky.
>>
>>6257148
i mean even after several years and my transition mostly finished my dad still calls me by my male name and 'he' even though he says he doesnt disapprove of my transition

like my name is on my drivers license and its the only thing that people call me these days except for him. hes called me my female name like a total of twice
>>
>>6257174

He probably just can't do it on the fly. Which means he actually doesn't give enough fucks to put any effort into it. That's a good thing. He realizes you made the choice regardless of his opinion, therefore he does not care if you get offended if doesn't care. Enjoy.
>>
My best friend told me, after I came out to him, that he had a dream that after I came back from my first year of college I had become female. The dream made him stay thinking about it.
>>
>>6257795
Also, after I told my uncle I thought I was trans, he said he thought I was just gay.
>>
>>6256594
most people at my school, and probably my parents, thought i was a lesbian when im a gay ftm. but that's just par for the course
>>
>>6256594
I have a-cup-verging-on-b-cup tits now, I'm pretty sure people know :P
>tfw andro/girlish body but man face
>>
>>6256594
I came out to my wife as bi after many years of marriage. She told me that when she met me her best friend (who introduced us and was my best friend's sister) told her that I was probably gay.
>>
>>6257187
This.

Tbh, if I raised a child and thought of and referred to 'him' a certain way for years, and then he changed his sex and name, I'd struggle to suddenly change my method of reference.

Doesn't mean I wouldn't be fine with my kid transitioning and want the best for them.
>>
Only my mum said she knew I was gay already, everyone else was either shocked or indifferent.
One of my friends has been teasing me a little bit about it, but he lived with a gay guy for a year so that's just banter mostly.
>>
File: 1463197541633.jpg (112 KB, 600x835) Image search: [Google]
1463197541633.jpg
112 KB, 600x835
Was forced to come out so people didn't get the wrong idea. Always been straight but then got massive mutual crush on best friend (male) and when he came to stay at mine with bunch of other friends like we do each year thing got romantic and awesome. Friends figured things out easily because we slept in same bed and he kept stroking my leg and making me jump, or lying his head on my lap when I was still trying to be at least a little discreet still.

Went home and still had massive hickeys on my neck. I have super pale skin and we discovered that my neck is like my gspot or something, legit feels better for him to suck on neck than on my dick, but left a bunch of evidence. That and the fact that I was more happy than I'd been in years.

Mom confronted me at table when we clearing up after dinner or something. Said she thought I might have had something to tell her, I say about what, she says about Anonfriend. I start to panic and just say what about him. Other side effect of being so pale is it's really damn obvious when you blush, so that probably betrayed me too. Anyway she said it's ok or something like that, and gave me a hug, and I made some excuse for the hickeys being a dare or drinking game or something and went to my room.

Came out over text to parents couple days later after they dropped me back at uni accom. Said I didnt want to tell them or anyone since it was probably not gonna go further etc, but also needed to make sure they don't get wrong idea. I'm bi, not full on gay, so grandkids still on the table I suppose.

Made me feel really uncomfortable since I'd just made up my mind not to tell anyone, and told mum later that her trying to prompt me into conversation by cornering me like that was the absolute worst thing to do, but I know it could've been a lot worse.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.