[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lgbt/. I'm a questioning guy who's just recently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: image.png (111 KB, 349x418) Image search: [Google]
image.png
111 KB, 349x418
Hi /lgbt/. I'm a questioning guy who's just recently left Tumblr for good, in part because I found Tumblr's LGBT community to be toxic and infested with teenage special snowflakes. Judging by some of the some of the posts here, you're all familiar with them.

So, I have a question for you guys: What is it that makes Tumblr queers so obnoxious? Is part of the website itself? A demographic thing? Youthful rebellion?
>>
>>6254000
mostly that they're always just straight
>>
>>6254010
this
>>
"humankin"
please kill me fucking christ
>>
>>6254000
It's a youth culture thing crossed with the modern condition

youth culture in that it's all rebellion and shit and also the kids these days are fucking obnoxious about how they think they and their music, politics, fashion etc. is superior to the past, there's a really shitty obnoxious streak that manifests itself in the hypocrisy and broken/subjective logic of many of their arguments ("It's 2016!!!" well no shit, 1969 was 1969, no era is inherently 'better' than what came before just because it's the new thing). I'm not sure why the younger generation have this shitty way of thinking they do but it's observable and it feeds back into the sort of media they consume such as John Oliver-type stuff and quirky reddit humour in most current mainstream-oriented movies.

modern condition because of the loss of religious faith to the bleak truth of scientific thinking and the loss of internal sense of identity to the globalised and media-saturated world we live in making us aware of our own lack of inherent individuality, leading some kids to fill that void with the idea that they're somehow radically different from other humans for feeling this way. can't really blame them for this one, I think it's also the source of a great deal of depression and soul-searching in adults these days too.

the gateway between that generation and a lot of us is the whole nihilsm-meme culture, you're seeing some really fucking bleak stuff right there and a matter-of-fact discussion of quite serious mental illness rising in the <35 population (lots of figures show this is a very real increase in the last 15 years, in the UK it's believed to be primarily due to stress about our futures financially) but instead of simply venting, it appears to verge on acceptance of this mass existential crisis, which again is symptomatic of the shitty way of thinking a lot of the younger kids have.

tl;dr imo it's a symptom, not a cause, of the degradation of society on a deep and existential level.
>>
>>6254010
>>6254026
Yeah, a lot of them strike as really insecure and wanting to be gay/trans/etc because it's the "cool". Their obsession with it all seems almost fetishistic to me.
>>
File: bebopsmoke.gif (810 KB, 500x350) Image search: [Google]
bebopsmoke.gif
810 KB, 500x350
>>6254076

>this

Plus, I don't know if it's just me, but some of the people on tumblr and even reddit (full grown 30+ adults here) are so incredibly shallow, almost obnoxiously so. I think it partially stems from hipster culture or something combined with an overload of information by the internet that has basically caused people to just get really manchild-ish, at least on reddit (to me at least?)

I don't know where this is going but I don't like where it's headed right now. But then again, I'm a pretty big idealist and I think it's stemming from how the web 2.0 model has begun to majorly affect how the average user interacts with the internet. I would much rather it go the way of utopian scifi where everyone manages to learn to use the power of technology and connectivity with dexterity and expertise to better the world, but I think that the overload of cat pictures and echochamber-inducing content is beginning to affect most people in a way not like hard cyberpunk, but more like a modern, mundane yet still cynical and degraded version of what society was "supposed to be" with technological progress.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.