[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or does RuPaul favor black drag queens? It seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: bob the drag.jpg (21 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
bob the drag.jpg
21 KB, 320x240
Is it just me or does RuPaul favor black drag queens? It seems like he throws as many bones as possible to them.

Sorry but Bob the Drag Queen should have been third, bitch couldn't do makeup worth shit.
>>
Ok, werk.
>>
I don't know but I felt bad for Naomi, she had a look in her face before like Zoolander when he thought he'd won. I do think Bob had the best performance tonight. I also like Derrick more now.
>>
3 winners have been black. 4 black queens have ever made it to top 3.
3 winners have been white. 8 white queens have ever made it to top 3.
2 winners have been mixed latinos. 7 latino queens have been top 3.
1 has been asian. 5 asian queens have made it to top 3.

Where's the favoritism?
>>
>>6208987
Chichi should've been gone a long ass time ago she only really redeemed herself during the 3 look book challenge and by then it was too late
>>
>>6209041
Nope, Cheech was great this season, delivered the best lip syncs and grew through the competition. She earned her spot. Unlike Naysha and Robbie who were constant flops.

If anyone was spared most season it was Robbie and Derrick.
>>
>>6209076
I disagree about chichi but i agree 100% about brit brit oh hell no that bitch should've gone home a lonnnng time ago
>>
>>6208787
Bob is meh alright, I just don't find his drag transformation that appealing. He looks the most like a man in a dress up there. I don't know how he got away with some of the outfits he pranced out in stage in, some of them were just horrid.
>>
>>6209076
Chichi, clearly was being helped ALOT, I mean you could tell she was being given a crutch every turn.

>>6208597
Bob is interesting for about 4 episodes, then he gets kind of redundant and old, and I don't think he will have as much a shelf life as Kim chi or Naomi would have had. I think Kim and Naomi are much more creative, innovative, and evolving. Bob the Drag Queen has reached his pinnacle, you're not going to see anything else from him.

now I guran-damn-tee you you will see amazing things to come from Kim and Naomi.

RuPaul seriously fucked up tonight, he hasn't made a decision this bad in quite a while now, and I think he will face serious backlash over this.
>>
So... since Bob can't do makeup but won anyway, are we going to get a queen who can't sow crowned next season.

RuPaul has really been going down hill lately, especially with some of his gimmicks, like with the stupid cellphone.
>>
Bob only won $60,000 - $75,000 after taxes. Basically a normal one year income for anyone with a college degree.

Rupaul makes $50k-$100k an episode so she made $500k-$1mil for the season. The regular judges (Michelle) makes $100k+ for season.

The only one whose truly winning is Rupaul and those who are able to use their fame from the show to make some real dough.
>>
>>6209659
>The only one whose truly winning is Rupaul
That's kind of ignorant. Even the losers this season have name recognition worlds above what they had before appearing on the show. They'll be able to tour and make a living doing drag for years to come.
>>
>>6209384
You will see amazing things from Bob too, you just can't see it because you didn't want him to win.
It was a great top 3, I wish them all success.
>>
>>6209384
Chi Chi wasn't helped by anyone. I don't think she had the crutch this season.

Derrick, Kim Chi and Robbie gave meh to straight up poor performances and were often safe.

You could argue Kim Chi should have been lip syncing at certain points this season (dancing challenge/the political episode) but was saved by Ru because she was a favorite and would be sent home in a lip sync by anyone.
>>
>>6209659
>Rupaul makes $50k-$100k an episode so she made $500k-$1mil for the season
>she
Rupaul is a gay man who does drag not a trans woman thus he/him are the right pronouns.

>mfw dumb girls at work think transwomen and drag queens are the same and ask me to go to a drag show to see my kind
>>
>>6210357
What if they were referring to the persona? Aren't drag personas refer to with she her pronouns
>>
>>6210357
There's ignorance about drag since it gets conflated with transitioning and men wanting to be women. It's just entertainment. Some are trans and do drag, but that's not typical.

The pronoun thing doesn't matter though. Most drag queens are fine being referred to as she or he while in drag. Others find 'he' to be shady if they're in drag.
>>
>>6210405
How can you be a trans woman and do drag as a woman when you are already a woman?

I think those trans women who do that are really just drag queens trying to make themselves look more feminine with hormones and shit to make their performance better.
>>
>>6210431
Many trans girls did drag to express themselves and later transition, some do drag for the money because they can't find other forms of employment, some do drag the same reason cis women do drag because it's fun for them
>>
>>6210431
Maybe. Some did do that in the ball scene of the 60s and 80s and had tits even out of drag. Some died because they didn't know what exactly they were putting into their bodies and it fucked up their health.

I think those that are drag queens and start to transition probably started drag in order live out whatever issues they have with their gender and later on decided full on being a woman is what they really wanted full time.

I don't see trans queens like Carmen as drag queens anymore, but there are some that still go out there to do splits and flips to a top 40 song at gay bars: so what they're doing is still drag to me. Typical trans women don't lipsync to songs or walk runways with exaggerated makeup and costumes.
>>
Somebody has the link to the episode ?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuogbfF6VR8
>>
Naomi's makeup looks horrible on the finale. Her lips and eyelashes look so bad.
>>
>>6210559

vodlocker.com/uwq5ibxz3v1z
>>
>>6208597
>is it just me, or are those niggers getting a bit uppity again?

Seriously OP?

You should be grateful for what the black community has done for you.
>>
>>6211172
>You should be grateful for what the black community has done for you.

Such as what?

Thank you to the black community! I'm so glad you can find time in your life to commit around half of the homicides in the USA, despite only making up 13% of the population
>>
Bob is hands down the best performer.

What KimChi gives is best received through photos, and same with Naomi mostly but she's not bad at performing.

I'd only pay to go to a Bob show.
>>
>>6208597
That's just affirmative action
>>
>>6209041
??? Chi Chi lipsynced fucking flawlessly, she stayed because she mopped the floor with anybody she lipsynced against.
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 500x282
Who cares, I want Pearl in All Stars 2
>>
Bob, Acid and Thorgy should have been top 3. Kim Chi and Naomi had no business there. Kim especially. She offered nothing but look, and it wasn't that great of a look either.
>>
Why the fuck did Lena Headey from Game of Thrones left a message to Naomi? What even is their connection?
>>
>>6217523

I think they just wanted a celebrity endorsement for all the queens and Lena was the best they could come up with for her(maybe they tried to get Naomi Campbell and failed?) Anyway Lena's a drag race stan and was apparently rooting for Naomi, so I guess that's all the justification they needed.
>>
>>6208987
You have to take into account the amount of each demographic. I'm too lazy to go through the 100-some queens and figure it out, but that being said, that looks pretty fair. Whether they deserved it or not is a whole other question I guess.
>>
The guy dancing during Kim Chi's performance is so cute. I think I'm in love.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.