[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey all, so for hrt, would it be possible to test my levels using
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 1462669494412-b.jpg (41 KB, 445x505) Image search: [Google]
1462669494412-b.jpg
41 KB, 445x505
Hey all, so for hrt, would it be possible to test my levels using a urine test rather than a blood test??
>>
>>6153014
Read that there might also be a saliva test. Is there a home version of any of these tests?
>>
Are you afraid of getting your blood drawn or something? Do you need help with HRT? Do you live in the USA? If you do, I can help, but if not, probably not.
>>
>>6153101
Yes to all.
Earlier today, I was doing a lot of research and talking with various anons over what to take. I was able to find that on average, most mtf take 200 mg of Aldactone/Spironolactone and 2-6 mg of Estradiol. I found reliable websites that sell both. The Estradiol Vernate Im going to get is Progynova.

All I really need would be a reliable way to test my levels. I'm not very partial to needles and would prefer if I could do most of this at home.
>>
Yes, then give it to a trans shelter for recycling into the usable hormone.
>>
>>6153148
Not following...?
>>
>>6153167

Most likely they're going to tell you "estradiol valerate has to be passed through the liver to be usable by the body" even though the San Francisco Department of Health says it's interchangeable with 17b estradiol and can be taken sublingually. Literally the only advantage of micronized/17b estradiol is it will dissolve a lot faster under your tongue (and into your bloodstream) than progynova.

Page 6 of https://www.sfdph.org/dph/files/THS/HormoneTherapyRev.pdf
>"Estradiol valerate is interchangeable with estradiol. Estradiol micronized is manufactured to quickly dissolve sublingually but any of the oral estradiol or estradiol valerate preparations can be used sublingually or transbuccaly to decrease the possible risks related to 1st pass effects in the liver and excess thrombotic effects. Sublingual use may result in higher peak levels and lower 24 hr AUC (Price et al., 1997) levels but it is not clear what the clinical significance of this is."

They say it has to be passed through the liver to take the ester off of the estradiol molecule to make it usable by the body, yet if that were true, the same would be said of estradiol valerate injections. Yet one of the benefits of injections is it doesn't have to be passed through the liver. So you know they're full of shit.
>>
>>6153444
Ahk, thanks for clarifying.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.