[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would mtf's/ftm's do if hormone replacement therapy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: trans.jpg (98 KB, 760x1106) Image search: [Google]
trans.jpg
98 KB, 760x1106
What would mtf's/ftm's do if hormone replacement therapy didn't exist?

Would the medical community still consider them to have a mental disorder?

Why now because some of them can "pass" in society (due to HRT, SAS, PS, and MAKEUP) and the medical/beauty community is making multi-millions if not billions off of them does it make it okay to be transexual? It seems like it only has become more accepted to be transeuxal because there's money to be made! Is this not the truth?

I have nothing against transexuals btw..I just see an agenda here.
>>
SRS*
>>
transexuals existed since the dawn of time, except now we have the means to treat them

simple as that
>>
>>6145575
I mean personally I'd kill myself if there were no HRT because without testosterone I just look like a dyke

There were plenty of cases of girls who dressed and passed as boys and history is murky distinguishing between crossdressers and trans people but I looked way too feminine pre-t to ever pass as a dude
>>
>>6145575
i would have cut my balls off at the start of puberty, and then drank mare urine straight from the tap
>>
>>6145575
There isn't an agenda. There was never much money to be made. The medication is cheap and often covered so the insurance pays for it or the government does. Many of the pills don't have a patent anymore so you can buy them as generics quite cheaply. There isn't a huge industry from it.

Transgender only becomes more acceptable if they look good, if people find them attractive, and if they are part of the rich white middle class. Humans are just programmed to be that shallow.

If you want a ridiculous conspiracy to go after that is linked to a big pill industry then why not go after birth control lmao
>>
>>6145665

My transexual friend says he pays $250/mo for her hormones. Do health insurance companies even cover it?
>>
>>6145635
>treat
That's a weird way of spelling sexually exploit
>>
>>6145688
they were sexually exploited before aswell tho, dw bout it
>>
Honestly I'd just eat large amounts of Mashua with iodine supliments to reduce my T while trying to figure out a way to extract the active components in novel accessible ways. I've been trying to figure out since I was 12, so I should probably ask a chemist or something.
>>
I'm pretty sure mtf's before HRT just cut off their balls, right?
>>
I'd probably just be seriously depressed and float around until I die
>>
>>6145686
She's lieing or retarded. MtF hormones are dirt cheap, and a lot of insurance companies do cover it.
>>
>>6145686
$250 a month is too much even for self medding. Your friend probably thinks she's really smart and getting the best HRT which she pays more for but it's probably just normal. You can find a few like that on the tranny threads, they will get extra pills that are cancelled out by the other shit they take. It's a pure combination of arrogance and ignorance. HRT with insurance might cost you $5 a month depending where you are.
>>
FtM here, I'd probably become a nun to avoid getting married off to a dude and just repress it all using religion.
>>
>>6145697
Pregnant mare urine. One big glass a day, and prayers to stave off the deadly blood clots.
>>
>>6145575
Gender Identity Disorder is a neurological disorder.
Availability of treatment to physically transition doesn't change this. Anyone who argues that it isn't a disorder has, """"""internalised ableism"""""".

But to say why does availability of treatment mean it's okay to be transsexual?
That's to say, after you yourself have called it a mental disorder, you frame a question that essentially reads "why is it okay to be born with a neurological disorder?"

Hmm.

Simply putting this out there, there's nothing dreamy about a world with neurological disorders whether gender related or not. It will never be an "ideal" situation so just accept that shit happens. And do you really want to be punishing people who are born that way every generation, despite it never curing the perceived problem?

Would it not be logical then, to accommodate those people in society instead so to make the best of a bad situation?

There is no agenda. It's simply free market capitalism. The demand has always existence, but finally the industry/ies have the technology and ability to match that demand with supply. It becomes more prominent, more people transition, more people are visibly out in society, society turns rounds and says this needs to be addressed. This is the critical point in time where people are pushing for social acceptance where pushing for it in the past would at best be met with "pfft sure but how?"

So, if you see an agenda, what is it?
>>
I'd kill myself, easy as that. Not much point to anything else.
>>
>>6145686
>My transexual friend says he pays $250/mo for her hormones. Do health insurance companies even cover it?

Idk if private insurance does. I think it depends on the company. Medicaid in my state does, but only if you're in the lowest earnings bracket. Otherwise, I've never paid more than $50 for HRT, even without insurance. Anyone paying $250 is an idiot and being scammed.
>>
>>6145575
suicide
>>
>>6145575
Chop balls off and drink pregnant mare urine.
>>
>>6145686
If your friend told you she needed $250 for mones each month and you paid it then she wallet cucked you hard, Apparently that happens because guys believe anything.
>>
>>6145665
so because insurance or the government pays for it, there's no money to be made...
>>
>>6146142
There's not much profit in hrt for doctors, all the medicines can be generic brand because they're too old to be patented. There's not much profit in any sort of surgeries considering how much time/study/shadowing doctors have to put in just to perform them, also how little trans people there are that actually want them.

Anyway if doctors want profit everyone knows they become a plastic surgeon and give nose jobs to rich milfs...
>>
>>6146142
Because it goes through so many hands and the margins are so minuscule. If you don't understand it you're welcome to try and figure out why people reasonably think the claim is ridiculous.

Current estimates are 700,000 people out of 350,000,000 might have some kind of transgender problems. They're not all medicated or transitioning. That means your maximum potential market is 2.45% of the population paying roughly $400 a year but only if we imagine that there are literally zero costs for production, personnel, packaging, promotion, R&D, postage, taxes, and so forth. We're also not including the huge costs in lobbyists and propagandists that are necessary for your theory.

If every country becomes economically equal and every slightly trans person is on hormones this will generate a total industry profit of a whooping 70 billion world wide. That revenue gets split between at least a thousand pharmaceutical companies for a nice $70 million a year possible maximum profit for peddling mones. That's not bad for a startup!

But call us again when you want to play with the big boys that live on this side of reality ...
>http://www.statista.com/topics/1764/global-pharmaceutical-industry/
>Revenue of the worldwide pharmaceutical market $1057.2bn
>$1057.2bn
>>
File: shinobu.jpg (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
shinobu.jpg
1 MB, 1440x900
>>6145575

Trannies would become estrogen vampires who attack women at night and bite out their ovaries to fuel their endless feminization-lust.
>>
>>6145686
$40 for six months without insurance.
>>
>>6145934
Progesterone is BS desu, AAs are my main concern
>>
>>6146808
where do you live?
>>
>>6145665
But you know they expect them to them for life, right?
>>
>>6146916
The costs keep going down but the number of potential transgenders in relation to the population wont change. If it was a scheme to sell more drugs then it failed astronomically and made less than a cent on a hundred dollars, and their competitors are everywhere.
>>
>>6145575

When Percy Lavon Julian managed to synthesize estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone, the first pound of progesterone he produced was estimated to be worth $63,000 dollars at the time, which is slightly more than half a million today. However, the price of progesterone has come down a lot lower than that in the several decades since.

>>6145650

You're being hyperbolic with the cutting your balls off aren't you? Otherwise you must have started anti-androgens really young then.
>>
>>6145575
Literally just look at history and other cultures that have some concept of a third gender like thailand and india.
They crossdress, they're often rejected by family and the majority and forced into sex work as the only option, some use various herbal treatments as a primitive hrt, some get primitive surgeries.

>and the medical/beauty community is making multi-millions if not billions off of them
Ahh the classic "it's just big-pharma making bank off the poor confused degenerates!" conspiracy theory.
The fact is that the medications used in hrt are fairly cheap and already see use in other treatments and the one-time surgeries aren't incredibly expensive either but are hard for trans people to afford due to employment discrimination and lack of insurance coverage largely thanks to political manipulations.
Along with the incredibly small percentage of the population that trans people make up and the already huge and successful industry of cosmetic surgery for people in general it just doesn't make sense to sustain some vast conspiracy for a tiny market that has trouble paying for procedures instead of tried and true profitable botox and nose jobs and lip work and face lifts.
> It seems like it only has become more accepted to be transeuxal because there's money to be made! Is this not the truth?
Of course, it MUST be some conspiracy even though the treatments have existed for decades! It couldn't POSSIBLY be changing academic views towards /lbgt/ people and pathologizing human variation along with continued neurological research slowly giving us more insights to the biological aspects associated with gender dysphoria.

>I just see an agenda here
And you're tilting at windmills.
>>
>>6145635
They did in the old days too, castration to this sorta music on a sorta ergot blood-slowing wine hallucinogen, with a sterilized ritual sword as on offering to the Goddess Cybele, and the future MTF which would be called a Galli, would run through the city, tripping balls, and throwing their severed testicles into a home, to get a women's rainment from said home.

https://soundcloud.com/user-818039900/cybele-lives

>>6145714

>>6146088

They would also work in a hops fields to grow breasts, it's why beer drinkers have tits.
>>
>>6146878
Florida.

I'm using a discount mail order RX service my mom had been using for years. Only downside is they don't stock 100mg Spiro, so I gotta take 4x25mg each dose.
>>
>>6147336
I really need to look into that. I'm currently paying about $20 a month after insurance.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.