[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /LGBT/, I need your help. I'm a straight, white,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 640x960
Alright /LGBT/, I need your help.

I'm a straight, white, male, cis, etc.. And I have absolutely zero ability to empathize with the trans community. I don't understand their struggles.

I need your help because one of my good friends is on the tail end of a MtF hormone therapy, and they're completely suicidal. I've watched him/her (sorry, I don't know where they are at this point, there may be regret on their part) completely spiral down hill, emotionally and physically. I've tried to be a good friend, and they've got lots of support, as far as I can tell, from those close to them. But their just breaking down, and it's making me really nervious for their personal safety.

So I guess I'm asking, what can I do, if anything, to help them? If he/she is possibly regretting the therapy, should I encourage them to push on, or try and reverse it? I don't know if there's been surgery yet.

>pic unrelated
>>
Does he/she/it/xhe/zhe/phe look like a girl or a boy?

Would you fug them? Answer honestly, cissy.
>>
Therapy is exhaustive as fuck in the beginning and some feelings are confusing because they're completely new.

Be there for her. You don't need to treat her as a 'trans person' and take on a completely different behaviour, just treat her as a friend with some added sensibilites.

Don't pretend to understand what she's going through, but offer to listen.

Tell her it'll get so fucking better once it's past the awkward stage.
>>
>>5975457
That's mostly what I've tried to do, but it's getting difficult to be passive. I'm also not sure if her therapist, not the doctor but the psychological therapist, is too ethical. The therapist sends her out to places which aren't generally known for accepting trans people, I don't know why the therapist does this, and the encounters almost always end badly.
>>
Fuck them. And I don't mean like "screw you", I mean do a sex with them. It'll make him/her/them feel wanted and better about self
>>
>>5975695
Tell us how it went/post pixx op
>>
>>5975532
Save yourself first op. I've went through something similar. Best friend clinically depressed and used to be suicidal. I tried everything in my power, and in the end the only one who helped him was a professional. Don't try to fight his depression, you're punching a brick wall.

And I know not worrying is nigh impossible. But you have to realize that nothing you do is worth anything in their fight against depression. Literally zero. You are powerless before demons you can't even feel.

Go about your normal friendship, but promise yourself not to get too involved. I tried and I burned out like a bitch. I'm talking sleepless nights and almost failing my entire future career.

Whatever you do, put yourself first, because not doing it won't change anything.

And again, I get that you're worried. Talk to someone about your own feelings. Tell someone about your worry. Naturally not the friend you are worrying about. But stay afloat and be a place of sanity for your friend. It's worth more than getting involved, trust me.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.