[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible for me to unironically identify as 'gendermeme'
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 250x250
Is it possible for me to unironically identify as 'gendermeme' without being seen as a joke?

Let me explain. My gender has been influenced by outside fads and expectations a lot. It's like the universe has 'shifts' between masculinity and femininity: for example, 2010 was midway through, and this caused me anxiety. 2013-2014 was VERY masculine with people like Kanye West gaining prominence again, and the appearance of lumbersexuality. The recent years, however, have been very femme and it feels like its staying like that, which makes me comfortable.

How do I avoid being made fun of for a legitimate, perceivable, time-measurable strand of genderfluidity? Are there any other gendermemes? Is there a potential new, easier to use name for this that still includes 'meme' because that's the core concept?
>>
>>5973047
yr just an extra pretentious and ~~~unique~~~ transtrender, pls kill yrself

sincerely an actual trans person
>>
>>5973069
>being seen as a joke after asking to not be seen as a joke

thanks anon this wouldve been you in the 90s

I feel like I can't possibly be the only gendermeme so that already invalidates accusations of being a special snowflake.
>>
File: Ce29GBUUYAAyrRc.jpg (102 KB, 600x844) Image search: [Google]
Ce29GBUUYAAyrRc.jpg
102 KB, 600x844
>>5973047
I honestly am a little disturbed and enlightened how much I identify with this post. I didn't know what we were was called Gendermeme but I think we're both very gendermeme.

If we're both gendermemes I'm sure this board has to be full of gendermemes too. I'd like to hear some of your stories about being gendermeme to help me know if this is something I should start identifying as, Its already spoken to me so I'm tempted to make it my entire personality right now.

Watching anime usually makes me feel very feminine, I'm curious what memes influence your gender the most anon.
>>
File: 1453147776957.jpg (69 KB, 720x719) Image search: [Google]
1453147776957.jpg
69 KB, 720x719
>>5973076
but this is a joke. it's a sad unfunny joke played on you by yourself, even if you don't realize it.

it's not like I don't accept non-binary people, I'm dating one for fuck's sake. but this gendermeme bullshit is just pretentious attention-seeking drivel. it's nonsense.
>>
You're just hopping on fashion bandwagons. No special identity bullshit.
Sincerely an actual trans person
>>
Wait -- So basically you're saying;
>whatever fashion or meme bullshit is popular at the time, is how I identify my sexuality
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>5973117
You're oppressing us. Gendermemes are a thing and shaming someone for their gender is disgusting.

Sincerely, an actual gendermeme.

I get my post comes off as a little satirical but I feel pretty offended right now, you don't have a monopoly on what I can and cannot identify as.
>>
>>5973113
Finally empathy and not just closeminded bullshit. You give me hope.

In regards to being influenced by particular memes, the Occupy Movement made me consider growing a beard for the first time after transitioning (Which I started during the wake of Jennifer Lawrence's career). It was drastic and I eventually dropped it, but the general rough, all-natural nature of it and the zeitgeist turned it into an uncontrollable compulsion.
>>
>>5973141
The other 'gendermeme' is a troll. He's having a laugh at your expense.

Hell, maybe you're a troll too and I've just been swallowing bait this whole time. That last comment about the Occupy movement has to be too dumb to be true.
>>
File: srsly.jpg (47 KB, 583x398) Image search: [Google]
srsly.jpg
47 KB, 583x398
>>5973137
Holy shit. I honestly can't tell if you're joking or not.

Either way, fuck off to Tumblr you faggot. Sincerely, a faggot.
>>
File: 1433535030840.jpg (149 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1433535030840.jpg
149 KB, 650x650
>>5973153
>oh no sombody called me out on being a hypocritical dick
>>
>>5973169
how am I being a hypocrite?
>>
File: 1439074350908.jpg (31 KB, 318x322) Image search: [Google]
1439074350908.jpg
31 KB, 318x322
>>5973175
>>
>>5973153
The fact that you think something this simple is bait and that anyone who shows a positive opinion is a provocateur shows how divided and paranoid we've all become. Why accept when you can stop at your own identity and say 'this is the limit of normalcy' amirite?
>>
>>5973153
The fact that you think something this simple is bait and anyone showing positive opinions is a provocateur shows how divided and paranoid we've become. Why accept as you wish to be accepted when you can just draw the line for normalcy at your own identity amirite?
>>
doubleposted by accident because this is gicing me the shakes & anxiety and i thought it didnt post. i didnt expect to be slammed by people who suffer from prejudice too.
>>
>>5973180
>>5973181
>>5973195
Goddamn you're an insufferable little cunt.

On the off chance that you're actually joking, here's why you're wrong: actual trans people are trans because they suffer from gender dysphoria as a result of hormonal conditions. In other words, it's a medical issue, not a fucking social issue. ACTUAL TRANS PEOPLE WOULD BE TRANS NO MATTER WHAT SOCIETY THEY WERE BORN INTO. If I'd been born 5000 years ago, I still would've had gender dysphoria, even if there was nothing I could do about it. If I'd been born 5000 years in the future, in a utopian egalitarian society where the very concept of gender roles and gender norms no longer existed, I'd STILL have gender dysphoria, even if I'd have to find different ways to express it.

I'm not gonna deny the existence of non-binary people because the gender binary is more of an abstracted guideline than a hard scientific rule, as proven by the fact that intersex people exist. But saying that your gender is defined by current social paradigms (the 'masculinity' or 'femininity' of which are PURELY FUCKING SUBJECTIVE ANYWAY) is retarded and goes against everything that actual medical science says about gender identity issues.
>>
>>5973217
*On the off chance that you're actually NOT joking
>>
>>5973223
Did you doublepost by accident as well because you're shaking like hesheit?

Should shaking be a gender?
>>
>>5973217
>If I'd been born 5000 years in the future, in a utopian egalitarian society where the very concept of gender roles and gender norms no longer existed

Holy shit anon what.
Also everything the brain does is chemical so why the FUCK wouldn't this be a chemical problem? There are chemicals that make people susceptible to things, this for all you know could be a brain condition but judging by your view of the future you don't know much.

Enjoy being murdered by mudslimes ten years into the future when Sahara law becomes world wide.
A utopia is impossible as long as we ignore the shitty direction the rest of the world is going.
>>
>>5973369
First day on 4chan?
>>
>>5973369
inb4 ban
>>
>>5973239
>>5973217

Slow down guise leave some o' dat bait for the rest of us you're being sel-fish

Let OP be whatever the hell he/she/zhir/dur/blur/skur wants to be, dysphoria isn't the be all end all of identity validation. Human gender and sexuality are malleable concepts so why does OP's existence bother you so much? Just leave them to live their life
>>
>>5973047
No.

Next question?
>>
File: 1Xn5cXU.jpg (54 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1Xn5cXU.jpg
54 KB, 625x626
>>5973047
>>5973137
>>5973113
>>
>>5973047
Identify unironically but play it off as ironical, if you do it right people will go along with it for laughs without actually thinking you're for real and laughing at you (as opposed to your shitty self-depreciating jokes), if you do it wrong well fuck

Surrounding yourself by autistic /pol/ posters and dank memers help since they're usually too retarded to tell

Also helps to be that type of retard that's never serious (most important step)

>>5973117
I understood OPs post as feeling uncomfortable when current fashion doesn't match his regular gender expression
God knows tho
>>
>>5973047
You know OP, at first I was convinced, but you really need to go deeper.

Your entire life must be a meme. Your sexuality should revolved around what the memes find beautiful. Your political viewpoints must be in accordance with the holy memes (i.e liking Donald Trump).

Soon enough you will feel your own body changing. It's normal, it's in the nature of memes to mutate.

As you approach meme ascension and begin to transcend reality, you will have your own legion of cultists, ready to spread the memes.

Then, with the full power of meme magic, truth as we know will cease to exist. There will be only memes, for Your eternal glory.
>>
>>5973069
Trans are also special snowflakes though...
>>
>>5980921
Please, I put time typing that.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.