[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
St8 male with a question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: hqdefault.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
So my best friend of 10+ years came out to me yesterday, he told his family before me but I was the first person outside of his family he told.
We've been there for each other for so many things, deaths in the family, breaks ups that type of shit.
But I think I might have made him feel bad when he came out to me because it was such a none issue for me that my response was "Oh, well I'm glad you got that off your chest, so you wanna get pizza?"
He didn't get visibly upset but I feel like he had hopped I would have been super happy and hugged him and said something like "I'm super proud of you!!!!"
should I have done that and basically lie or was my honest reaction right?
>>
I would've been pretty jazzed about the pizza desu
>>
Honest reaction is good.

Honestly I feel like most people are happy if they just don't get a negative reaction.

I had a friend who reacted in pretty much the same way, it was great.
>>
>>5948667
well, how do you really feel about it?
>>
>>5948667
You didn't do anything wrong.

The thing is, coming out is one of the scariest things to do for us. Your friend probably spent montha if not yeara thinking about how you would react. There have been countless cases of parents kicking out their own children when they came out, so even when he probably knew you'd be ok with it, the fear of you reacting bad and not wanting to be his friend anymore was most likely there.

What I mean is that he wasn't angry (most likely) just confused because what was a life changing confession for him, was really nothing important for you. He expected a reaction, and yours was basically a non-reaction. He probably felt dumb afterwards.

So, don't worry. He'll be awkward for a while now, but it'll pass. Just be patient with him.
>>
>>5948667
the main reason i dont come out to ppl is i dont wanna be treated differently NBD is the best kind of big deal
>>
>>5948667
If he is disappointed he'll get over it. Ideally, every coming out would be nonchalant like this. It makes life a whole lot less of a shitshow.
>>
In my experience, the people who act like it's no big deal are usually the bigots who turn on you later, they just don't know how to deal with it when you first come out so they brush it off.

Maybe he was worried about that.
>>
>>5948810
Yeah, this happens.

When I came out with my dad he was like "ok whatever makes you happy."

It was fucking awesome.

Then a week later he came and told me that was the worst thing that had ever happened to him and that his life was ruined.

I was like wtf I thought we were cool.

He eventually got over it and apologized, though.
>>
File: gay shibes.gif (456 KB, 1000x446) Image search: [Google]
gay shibes.gif
456 KB, 1000x446
>>5948667
depends on the person. Me personally I would have loved your response cause I'm always paranoid about being treated different by my straight friends when they know but some people think it needs to be a big event.
>>
No and he shouldn't be entitled to that because it's a fucking sexuality and there is no need to be excited over liking cock instead of pussy.

It's like saying that I'm a man and I love coochie, wow congrats bro!
>>
>>5948945
do you love coochie?
>>
>>5948667
Well all my friends made a huge deal about it and I always got asked a lot of questions.
I guess when people say they don't care it seems like they're being passive aggressive and will inevitably hate you for it just because you "came out"
>>
>>5948953
I like both, but I prefer cock more
>>
OP here, thank you all for the feedback. Looking back I should have been a little more enthusiastic about him coming out to me, cause that takes guts, but after reading what you guys have said I feel a little bit more comfortable in being so nonchalant about it because it isn't a big deal to me if he likes cock or pussy.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.