[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a way to deal with dysphoria without transitioning?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: hang in there.gif (11 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
hang in there.gif
11 KB, 408x408
Is there a way to deal with dysphoria without transitioning? I've been attempting to do everything in my power to pass short of medically doing anything or coming out socially for the past 5 years. Worked great at first but I'm too old now, I look to young when I'm read as male. I know some MtF people take smaller doses of titty skittles so the changes aren't noticeable to the public, but I can't do that with T. Sometimes I can go weeks without being more than acutely uncomfortable, but now when I'm in a bad spell it just gets worse and worse.
>>
>>5937244

So you're not HRT but somehow you look too young to people when you dress as a male? I'm really having trouble understanding you.
>>
>>5937268
theyre FTM and probably dont want to be a twink
>>
>>5937268
My body is female, I'm legally female. I have dysphoria. I used to be able to pass as a guy just by dressing male, but now I'm so old that it doesn't really work because I look like a male child when I do it and I'm in social situations where people are expecting me to be 21+. One thing to look like a high schooler when you're a college student, another thing to look like a high schooler when you're trying to get a beer. So I get read as butch female now or told to GTFO because I'm a minor.
>>
>>5937244
I never found one. I spent about ten years looking, trying, and testing.

Why do you not want to medically transition, though?
>>
look into female body builders. they have lots of different chems that help them bulk up. or do you not want a big muscle
>>
>>5937286
1. Family would disown me, mother would flip out and cry a lot, etc.

2. Lesbian girlfriend of 2 years who I really am into, no way she could handle it.

3. Obviously I get why people do it but the idea of modifying my body so drastically because of some weird desire I can't explain feels so weak to me. I don't want to give in to this stupid irrational want and put myself on artificial hormones and surgery, I want to just not give a fuck and be comfortable in my own skin.

4. I'm really really short and I'm really girly physically. I don't think I'd pass. I know FtM guys almost always pass, but there's a lot of them in the uncanny valley where they have these huge heads with tiny shoulders and beards with huge eyes. I'm pretty sure I'd look like that.

>>5937295
I've been lifting for a few years. It's better than nothing but it doesn't really help. I just don't put on gainz like guys do, I just look like a "toned" woman. By chems are you talking about gear or just like creatine?
>>
>>5937317
You honestly sound more like you have such crippling self esteem issues, that you think a change in perception about your body/sex is somehow going to cure what's going on with your brain.

Forgive me, you just don't sound like you're trans so much as you are someone who hates themselves a lot... And not on account of your given sex, either. Just in general.

Go see a therapist. I think it'd do you a world of good.
>>
>>5937357
>You honestly sound more like you have such crippling self esteem issues, that you think a change in perception about your body/sex is somehow going to cure what's going on with your brain.

What makes you think so?

I've been seeing a therapist for a couple years actually, he thinks I should probably transition but otherwise I'm good.
>>
>>5937317
Yeah, those are reasons. The first two are social obligations that you be a woman, the third is the belief that people don't deserve bodily autonomy (or, at least, you don't), and the fourth is fear that nothing will ever help.

Dunno what to tell you. You're trans. You're kind of fucked, and that's not going away or getting better. Substance abuse can mask dysphoria for a time.
>>
>>5937376
Yeah, that's kind of my conclusion too. Thanks for pitching in anyway, appreciate it. Cheers.
>>
>>5937393
Sorry I can't offer any cheerful options. We all just have to make the best of a bad situation. Just each of us has to make some tough calls to decide what counts as "best".

I hope it works out for you.
>>
>>5937244
Go to a fucking doctor for your mental issues.
>>
WOMEN SHOULD ONLY BE SEX SLAVES
>>
>>5937591
YES
>>
>>5937317
I mean non-test steroid things
anavar for one

>>5937357
I don't see that at all
>>
>>5937568
Thank you, same to you.

>>5937656
Never heard of it, I'll look around for more info. Thanks.
>>
>>5937244
Therapy, though the odds of "success" are abysmally low, and you'll just transition later but with worse results. If you plan on taking this path, find a therapist now. Actually, get a therapist either way, because you'll need it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.