[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Completely broke down today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 421x144) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 421x144
So recently, I've been trying to work up the money to transition and such and I started telling family and friends about a year ago. I got into an argument with my biological father about politics and, despite having nothing against trans people he said this [See image].

He thinks I'm doing this just for attention, despite me trying to keep it from becoming a big, public fiasco and I'm trying to keep drama from happening by not throwing it at people that I'm trans. I guess I just need some emotional support, if anyone is willing to cheer me up.
>>
so are u against bernie or something
>>
>>5932916
so what was the argument about? your biological father is bordering on illiterate, that text makes absolutely zero sense.
>>
No. I don't like any of these people running, but I'd rather not pay more taxes to pay for a 9.6 trillion dollar plan to give people free stuff instead of making it easier for them to work for it.
>>
Also the argument was about the tax plans of the different candidates.

(Sorry, I have no idea how to reply to individual things. I've never posted on this site.)
>>
I'm sorry, anon. The old "doing it for attention" line is typical gaslighting bs. My parents did the same (except being very uncool about queer stuff to begin with). It take time for the shock to dissipate, but hopefully he will realize how he hurt you. On a lighter note, is there any good news regarding your transition? Anything that makes you feel more in tune with yourself lately? :)
>>
>>5932916
>nothing against trans people
>callously tosses a low blow by mocking your identity and calling you a man

Pick one.
>>
Not much, really. Most of what I'm waiting to do is get the money to move out of this town to somewhere else where I can get a job and earn money to afford the transition.

About 5 minutes after he said this, I actually said "Oh, and that line from earlier? Not fucking cool, dad." And I blocked him. It didn't really bother me that much until I actually went back and read all the messages. He's always been really cool about things, but this really knocked me down unlike anything people have said to me. I've been called trash, fag, devil worshiper, retard, scum, and many other things, but this hurt the most since it came from my dad.

If I just had a way to get somewhere where I could get a real job and have an income that could make this a possible thing for me, I would be the happiest person in the world. Like... I live in a dead-end town and I have places I can go, but no way to get there, so I'm just stuck.
>>
>>5932916
Have you not started hrt or anything since you came out a year ago? That could be why he thinks it's just for attention

He will likely come around once you start moving along in your transition
>>
>>5933000
It's probably that OP had no experience with their actions towards a trans person irl let alone their own child. People suck
>>
Yeah, I don't get it either. You talk about, say, my uncle and he's fine with the fact that my Uncle is trans, but me? No, apparently not.

Also, my biggest issue is that I can't afford it because I've got absolutely no way of paying for it because of where I live.
>>
>>5932947
Fucking idiot who doesn't understand that you NO LONGER PAY FOR INSURANCE THEN. it actually save the country about 11b overall retard.
>>
>>5933009
> dead-end town with nowhere to go
That feel of being trapped... I'm sorry. Small towns are shitty for us trans people. Wish you could find a way out :(
>>
>>5933033
Okay, figured out how to reply to individual things.

Yeah, it really does suck. Like, there are these prepaid gift cards at the gas station and, if I could afford it, I'd get one completely filled and buy a bus or train ticket out of here, you know? Then, all I'd need is a ride to the station and off I go.
>>
>>5933027
Really, my problem is that raising taxes isn't going to magically lower prices for things like common groceries. There are people struggling paycheck to paycheck and taking more of there money isn't going to help.
>>
>>5932980
>gas lighting
fictional tumblr concept
>>
their*
>>
>>5933050
It mostly raises taxes on the rich and a bit on the middle class, but those struggling paycheck to paycheck will not have money taken out of it for insurance anymore, thus saving them money.
>>
>>5933071
And see, that is something absolutely nobody has said to me or anything. Thank you for saying that, I just...

All of their plans have a ton of flaws and me pointing out some of the flaws in one led my dad to saying this. I'd put down my email or something so people here could message me freely, but there's a lot of risk in that from what I've heard about this site and I'm not sure it'd be okay to do so. I'd rather not get banned or anything like that.
>>
>>5933059
Baka
>>
>>5933080
People get heated with politics, just saying. My dad makes tranny jokes all the time yet me and him are still very close. If he genuinely cares about you let him know that what he said was hurtful and try and give him a pass. It takes time for people to get over the fact you're trans and kind of put it into the back of their mind and treat you like a normal person again, it's really only worth putting up with for people really close to you such as family.

P.s. Bernie is the only candidate who wants the help the poor and middle class, keep that in mind when considering his policy positions ;)
>>
>>5933113
Yeah, but this isn't the first time he intentionally said something to hurt me because I disagreed with the way he saw things. I've gotten used to him saying stuff just because he didn't like what I said, but this is the first time he pulled this card and it really hurt.
>>
It was a dick move on his part, no matter what political opinions you or he may have.
>>
>>5933146
Agreed. I can deal with anything else, but he always means what he says, so this was a low blow.
>>
Okay. OP here. Re-read all the rules and I cannot post any of my info here. I would love to talk to all of you individually, but I cannot. I may have to go and sleep here soon, but thank you all so much for taking your time and posting on this thread. It means a lot.
>>
>>5932916
You should probably not be Anti Bernie.
>>
>>5932916
so you're a retarded hillaryfag?
>>
>>5933201
Absolutely not. I don't like any of the people running, as I've said before.
>>
>>5933193
I'm not anti-anyone. I don't like any of the candidates.
>>
Guys, one of the posts on the thread became red. I read the FAQ's, but didn't see anything regarding that. Should I be worried about that?
>>
File: SandersInterestRatesTweet122615.jpg (127 KB, 1188x694) Image search: [Google]
SandersInterestRatesTweet122615.jpg
127 KB, 1188x694
>>5933027
free healthcare=/= good healthcare
and once college becomes free then the degree becomes meaningless, and you'll flood the job market with graduates with certain degrees, thus decreasing the salaries of college graduates. it's a terrible plan.

People that support Sanders policies don't understand even basic economics. Here is Sanders himself who fails to understand even BASIC interest loans and collateral loans.
>>
>>5933242
That was actually one of my main arguments with my stepdad. It's kinda like how Obamacare was meant to be affordable, but if you couldn't afford it, the money was still taken out of your paycheck through taxes.
>>
Welp, to everyone who replied, talked, voiced their opinion, etc on this thread, thank you very much. I must go to bed and, provided this thread is still here when I wake up, I'll be here. Hop to see you all again. Thanks for your time once again, and goodnight. It's 2 Am and I need to sleep.

Night, /lgbt/, and thanks for the talk.
>>
Hey guys. OP here. Unblocked my dad and immediately, he started telling me how I wasn't really trans, that I was just faking it to be special and that I was somehow fucking brainwashed.

Like, just constantly throwing insults at me. I blocked him again and he called my mom to get her to tell me to unblock him and they got into an argument. Now mom is on the phone in the other room yelling at my biological father while my stepdad, who doesn't really understand trans stuff, but won't say anything against it came out into the living room to play some Halo with me, so I'm cheering up a bit today. I think my dad is just trying to stir up drama to try and prove his point.
>>
>>5933242
>and once college becomes free then the degree becomes meaningless

Except that's not how it works. You've still got to qualify for college. Just because college could be free doesn't mean everyone could get into Harvard you stupid Industrial Era tier faggot. Go whine about your "hard working" rich people elsewhere.
>>
>>5934583
I don't think that's what he meant. I think he meant places like community colleges and state colleges. Places that are a lot easier to get into compared to, say, Harvard.

I totally support cheaper college, but I don't like the idea of college being free for everyone. Think about the huge amount of applicants colleges would get if it were free. It'd get to the point where people who should be getting in won't get in.
>>
>>5934641
>I don't think that's what he meant.

Except it is. 90% of faggots like him think if college is free everyone will get into Ivy League colleges when they don't fucking qualify for them. If suddenly there were a lot more people with degrees from community colleges so fucking what? Very few of them amount to the same thing as a degree from a regular university such as a degree from Indiana University East being considered the same as a degree from Indiana University but other than that they're not much different than a high school degree. It's just a paper showing you're willing to commit to things and willing to let a system fuck you in the ass and rape you with debt.

I can agree on cheaper but doing nothing is a no go and I'd rather faggots like him be hung than get a say in anything.
>>
>>5934534
I'm sorry but at this point something smells SUPER fishy. I hate to be a doubter, but it does not feel like you're an innocent victim here.

Are you literally attacking his political beliefs to the extent that he feels justified in attacking yours? He might feel stung by your words too.
>>
>>5932954

Click the numbers after the date at the top line of the post
>>
>>5934749
He has a tendency to do this whenever someone disagrees with him. Just saying something against what he believes causes him to go flying off the handle. He's one of those people that even when he's wrong, he's right and if you prove why he's wrong, he just flips things around to make it sound like he was saying that all along.
>>
>>5934765
I figured it out last night, but thank you!
>>
>>5934749
Liar, you're so willing to back the biggots that you start blaming the people they bulliy.

You've just helped show that you guys are every bit as bad as the trump supporters. I'm never going to back your guy now and I hope the other people who read this won't either.
>>
>>5934831
Woah, woah, woah, guys. Let's not get hostile, please. I came here because I needed somewhere to vent about something that happened to me because I'm trans, not to get people starting drama towards each other.

Please, just... Everyone calm down, please. Let's not have more drama get started.
>>
>>5933237

you should be concerned (not necessarily worried though) about the fact that you are taking 4chan seriously when it is in fact an emotionally toxic trash heap for the most part

the redness might just be because you clicked on one of the links back to a previous post; that puts a pound-sign thingy into your URL and causes the corresponding post to be highlighted
>>
>>5935247

this is a weakly moderated forum full of insecure yet highly opinionated people; you cannot stop drama except by staying away altogether
>>
>>5933071
Why the fuck does Bernie raise taxes on the middle class at all?
>>
>>5933059
Nope. Just because you first heard it from a clickbait article or a blog post does not mean it lacks historical grounding or analytic validity.
>>
>>5935537
He doesn't, that's conservative rigamarole. Under the economic plan he's already presented, almost everyone gets more services for less fiscal burden, and it would actually increase economic growth, company health, and class movement.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.