[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Losing a part of yourself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: GyakutenSaiban3-558.png (10 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
GyakutenSaiban3-558.png
10 KB, 240x160
Alright, trans here. I think I am a girl, but I also think that somehow, by thinking I am a girl, I am losing a part of myself that I may want to keep. It's really hard to explain, but basically I feel like I would be different, and that maybe I would lose something in me, and for a reason that scares me.

I know this has to do with " gender roles ", " How X should act " etc ... but it still scares me for a reason. Anyone has like, some advice with this?
>>
File: 1410194528739.jpg (60 KB, 500x483) Image search: [Google]
1410194528739.jpg
60 KB, 500x483
>>5916132
No advice, just the same abject terror that you'll destroy yourself and become a pariah who will eventually be scooped out of a gutter after dying of cirrhosis or an overdose.

I know that people just think I'm a butch dyke, but I like men so how am I supposed to live when I'm just and ugly woman that wants to be a man and I like men? What about my family? I'm over-sensitive to what my mother and brothers think of me because I have no friends. I have a decent enough job to survive but what happens to that when I turn up one day and insist they call me 'Blaize' or some other shitty tranny name? How the fuck can I ever hope to find someone to love me after I tell them that all I have between my legs is an ugly as fuck vagina, hell even if I get hormone treatment all I'll end up with is an ugly as fuck deformed vagina.

Hell I'd just kill myself straight up, but I have a young niece and nephew who would't be able to understand why their auntie just drank bleach.
>>
>>5916132
I don't think you'll lose any aspects of your personality during your transition, if that's what you're worried about. If, however, you are worried about losing an aspect of your physical figure during transition, I'd recommend that you reconsider your feelings about transitioning in the first place.

For me, I feel as though I'm already missing something, something I've missed my whole life, and that transitioning will help me get that back. Maybe that's just me, I dunno.
>>
>>5916339
Dude, get on T and work out, there are plenty of dudes who'd go for a trans guy. Do a little online dating, find the fag that's right with you, marry his ass and be the loving trans husband he's always wanted.

There's someone out there for everybody, you just need to look.

And honestly, fuck what everybody else thinks. You decide how to live your life. If you live life the way others want it, are you really LIVING your life? Nope.

Man the fuck up, and live your life.
>>
>>5916373
Thanks, I'll make an appointment with a doctor. I'm really at the point between getting help of committing suicide.
>>
>>5916132
If your not 100% trans please don't transition. It may sounds glamours and easy to be trans but it's hell desu. Dating life sucks, only girls want to hang out with you, everyone stares unless you drown yourself in makeup, it's expensive, you may loose your family, all the surgery sucks.
>>
>>5916341
Oh no, it's not a physical part at all. I am just sometimes worried of how I feel inside.

I consider my body like a dead weight, and honestly it's really keeping me back from wanting to socialize with people, or even cuddle them. It hurts me inside, I can't do it with this body.

The stuff I am talking about here is that I am mostly afraid of like ... what I like at the moment. Card games, video games ... " manly stuff ". I know it fucking sounds stupid, and I know that the first answer will be " a girl can do that ". It's just that I feel unsure of what will change.

I don't want to be disappointed. I feel super empty as a guy, and I think that being a girl would solve this physical barrier that kept me from being " me ". But on the other side, there's all that questionning about what will really happen with others and what I like overall.

I just am an anxious person naturally. I think I need to be reassured on some parts. 4chan may not be the best place for this ...
>>
>>5916573
There comes a point where you either accept who you are or make massive changes in your life to be who you want to be. Obviously transitioning is not going to solve your problems. It may create even more problems but you must be resolute about who you want to be. No changes can be made without a firm belief in who you are and what you want.
>>
>>5916573
I'm the same fag that tried to hijack your thread here>>5916339 But I really need to say that playing card games and video games is about as masculine as watching TV, you have your hobbies and you have your interests and that doesn't make up your gender identity. Looks like we both just need to get some therapy and hormones.
>>
>>5916132
>dat pic

Look it’s OP’s stand, ZA GIRRRRL.
>>
>>5916373

Wait, I think OP is a trans GIRL though. OP, for the love of God don’t take T if you’re MtF.

>It's just that I feel unsure of what will change.

Dude trans girls are nerdy as FUCK, HELLA MtFs are into that shit. That’s honestly the one aspect of your persona that’s set in stone.
>>
>>5917451
I wasn't responding to OP, I was responding to >>5916339
>>
>>5916573
I don't see how transitioning would prevent you from liking/doing the things you already enjoy doing now. I play vidya (maybe a little too much, actually) and I don't plan on stopping, no matter how much my physical form changes.

I can't see how your personality could change, since you are not trying to change it. I think you'll be fine.
>>
File: technology.jpg (6 KB, 267x189) Image search: [Google]
technology.jpg
6 KB, 267x189
>>5919323
Well that could change but I discovered a new part of myself when I first thought I was trans. Loved talking with people, felt a bit more calm and felt super happy.

Now that I am starting to doubt about gender again, it's starting to make me scared. I don't know anything anymore. I am confused as hell as to what I should do or what I shouldn't.

This is what I say by " losing myself ". I don't know if I am me right now or playing a sort of persona or whatever.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.