[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, what actually is QUEER? I mean it's been included at
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lgbt/ - Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & Transgender

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (194 KB, 478x774) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194 KB, 478x774
So, what actually is QUEER?
I mean it's been included at the end of the LGBT as LGBTQ and yet nobody who identies as queer ever really as the same answer for what it is and half of the people who identify as a form of queer seem to be straight or cis...
>>
It can also stand for questioning
>>
>>5911303
Having bad fashion sense or a shitty haircut/dye job.

This is what most "queer" people I know are defined by.
>>
>>5911303
It means you are cis and straight (and most likely white and female) but your life is boring so you want to be able to feel opressed while being able to step out of it at any moment.
>>
>>5911303
>So, what actually is QUEER?

People who are not gay, bi or trans but wants to feel included and will scream and throw a hissy fit until you let them in.

The same people who want 'Allies' to be included in the LGBTWTFBBQ word salad.

Straigt, cis, sjw's basically.
>>
>>5912258
Isn't this just the same as men wanting to be able to access women's safe spaces though? Except lgbt are losing the argument?
>>
Anything but hetero. All other answers ate coming from edge lords and alt-rights.

A cis male who is in a relationship with a cis female can identify as queer. Just clarifying...
>>
ITT:

DIE QUUEERRRS!!!!!

that is all.
>>
>>5912634
everything ITT has been accurate
>>
I thought queer was more of a gender term or some shit
like you could be bisexual and queer
like you don't give a fuck about gender norms and can wear a dress in your home or something and not really wanna transition
>>
>>5911303
It's actually LGBTQI now. I stands for intersex.
>>
>>5912932
LGBTQIA. A is for Asexual.

Sometimes GNC is added at the end (Gender Non-Conforming).

I just stick with 'Gender and Sexuality' if I absolutely need to cover all possible bases.
>>
>>5912932
I understand adding intersex though, as they're a misunderstood sexual minority and could do with a larger support base, but Q is just plain stupid.
>>
>>5912946
Asexuals have no business being involved with w group primarily about sexual attraction. Same with aromantics, assuming they're cis and otherwise heteroromantic/sexual

a gender noncomforming cishet person also has no business with the group
>>
>>5912634
Die queers is literally saying the same thing as die straights or die cis...
>>
>>5912946
Trouble with that is that pedophiles are trying to get themselves under that sexuality banner tho :/
>>
>>5911303
Queer means FREE

Free from made up social roles and expectations

Free from sexual repression

Free to express yourself and your identity

Free to be yourself!

It doesn'
I am queer because I'm FREE. Yes I may be female and yes I may prefer men (like gay men do), but I don't fit into preconceited ideas of womanness, so fuck them.
>>
>>5913102
nah you're a queer because you're a faggot.
>>
>>5913102
Nah, you're just a straight cis woman who wants feel special.
>>
>>5911303
queer is anything not straight or cis. technically asexuals are queer
>>
I think that's the point. I.e. "It's complicated, so just say queer." I think it's a fantastic solution.
>>
>>5912226
>This
>>
>>5913102
You're a straight cis woman who wants to feel special.

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>5913102
you're never free from sexual repression, social roles and expectations

even if you are wealthy
even if you want to be
>>
>>5913002
I dunno, I feel like homo/biromantic asexuals belong in the movement, but not aroace and heteroromantics
>>
>>5913102
Queer means odd or weird
>>
I thought it just meant you were gay. Sticking it on the end just seems like aiming for pointless extra credit with the crowd you're talking to by trying to seem 'aware'.
>>
>>5912932
Intersex is a solely genetic medical issue though???
Why have they been included?
I do understand that they need A LOT more attention, but it doesn't have much to do with sexual orientation at all.
>>
>>5911303
>why Queer
Because depending upon your viewpoint, I could count as any of the four main letters.
>>
File: jeffreys-front-web.jpg (46 KB, 321x458) Image search: [Google]
jeffreys-front-web.jpg
46 KB, 321x458
This book will teach you all you need to know about queer politics:

http://radfem.org/unpacking-queer-politics/
>>
>>5924604
This exactly. I don't know what I am anymore. And I don't care much anymore. I don't want to have to pick a letter. I just want to do what feels right.
>>
Queers are essentially people who want to reject society instead of conforming to it, often rejecting society's beauty standards as well. that's why most of them are fat and don't shave their body hair. Queer people revel in being ugly.
>>
>>5924199
Second this. Women are literally the most privileged group https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%22Women_are_wonderful%22_effect
>>
File: 1435045536071.jpg (298 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1435045536071.jpg
298 KB, 1600x900
Queer means focusing less on the bullshit Dichotomy and more on treating each person individually.

stop fussing about if you or someone else is gay or straight or if your a man or a women
you can still ask objective questions like
Do you have a Dick?
Do you like to do anal?
Are you currently on estrogen or testosterone?
Are you fit or a fattie?
Do you have tits?

DESU its gonna get rid of all this LGBTQIAZBAS bullshit. Helps get rid of sexism for everyone.
And no more T folk getting fucked over by social conventions.

So if you wanna still be a bitch about words you can but im gonna rely on objective facts rather then argue about made up categories
>>
>>5911303
Queer is a political identity. It means you're "lgbt+", plus meaning feminism/social justice/destroy the patriarchy etc.
>>
The word "queer" literally means strange, odd, or weird. Thus, the Q at the end of LGBTQ encompasses that.

I mean, it's completely redundant and I wish it weren't a thing, but the snowflakes cried enough for it to be warranted. I guess we're just gonna have to live with being grouped up with the otherkin, headmates, and genderfluids.

Also, while I'm here, "queer" can also be synonymous with "spoil" and "ruin," which is exactly what anyone who identifies as queer does to everything they touch.
>>
I dunno, but it's an ultra funny sounding word.

Kweeeer.
>>
>>5925109
Queer people are lazy faggots that like to rebel for the sake of it and expect everyone else to accept them.
>>
>>5924559
The causes for intersex are many.
>>
I'm honestly more fond of GSRM (Gender Sexual Romantic Minority) as just a catch all term since sexuality is starting to develop more categories.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.